Thread: F3 Brake Module

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Brake Module

Hey Guys!

Does anyone know of a good solution for adding a flash/strobe for the F3 brake lights? I am aware of the Back-Off module from signal dynamics.... does this one work well for the F3/easy to install? I have read in some places that splicing the wires might be required. I also know of the spyderpops kit, but I am contemplating if I want to pay for the extra led strips.

Thanks in advance

Spyder Garage

I don't think there is anything available that directly acts upon the stock lights. Gearbrake will supposedly "build" you a custom plug-n-play setup after you order. But other manufacturers have tried and stated that since the brake/turn function is actually controlled by the bikes' computer(s), it isn't feasible.

I am using a plug-n-play setup from Electrical Connection that runs a 10-LED light bar that mounts to the license plate/holder. It is programmable for flash rate and number of flashes..... They are a vendor here. I still do not see it on their site but call and ask for Lewis. He is the owner and the one who knows all about it. I always get good feedback on it from other riders and cagers alike! I have a couple of pics of it in my Album http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=4320 here on the site.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Custom Dynamics makes Magic Strobe which connects directly to your brake lights but at $80 you may as well pop for the extra bucks and get the added LED lights.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I have attached a supplementary brake light in the guise of a Feniex T3 Perimeter Mount LED obtained on Amazon. Brutally bright. Leaves your OEM brake lights steady. I have also used the Amber version for supplementary turn signals. It was a bit tricky to get the signals to work properly but I did do it. You can add lights to the STOP circuit without much trouble. Signals, a different story.

In the video I had to mask off the brutally bright triple T3 led strobing/flashing brake light or you would not be able to see anything else. At the start, it's the blue masking tape above the Knight Riderz light bar. You can still see the T3 through the tape when I hit the brakes.

I strobe it once then let it go solid using an 8 AMP flasher strobe module barely the size of a quarter, $14 on Amazon. Because the T3 is set to flash every three seconds the effect is what you see - strobe once then flash. Details and links here: >CLICK ME<

Last edited by Rattlebars; 07-05-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Custom Dynamics makes Magic Strobe which connects directly to your brake lights but at $80 you may as well pop for the extra bucks and get the added LED lights.
    The OP has an F3. I don't see one on their site for an F series... our F series are controlled differently.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

Appreciate all the responses so far guys.... thanks!

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops developed a strobe LED kit for the F3S. It works very well and is plug n play.

http://spyderpops.com/f3-f3s-rear-br...or-f3-limited/

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Yep Getting It!

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Spyderpops developed a strobe LED kit for the F3S. It works very well and is plug n play.

http://spyderpops.com/f3-f3s-rear-br...or-f3-limited/
    Yes I decided on the spyder pops kit... got it on order!