Spyder Garage

Default New fog lights installed

These are from eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-2P...JVfqw1&vxp=mtr
    and I bought a complete wiring harness from Oreilly Auto that was pre wired for $19.95. Here are a few pictures with just the fender tips shining, then the the lights on. Pictures of the switch and also switch with the power on with switch off and switch on. Picture of the lights on the bike.
    DavidRS8.JPGRS6.jpgRS12.JPGRS13.jpgRS14.JPG

Spyder Garage

And lights mounted.RS10.jpgRS11.jpg

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks great. I wish I had the knowledge to do an installation like that on my F3T. I would love to have fog lights, but I refuse to pay the price that BRP wants for them.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Looks great. I wish I had the knowledge to do an installation like that on my F3T. I would love to have fog lights, but I refuse to pay the price that BRP wants for them.
    Made my own brackets from stuff laying around my shop. Cost around $55.00 with the lights and switch.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Did you check Lamonster garage web site. He got some for a pretty good price.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    These are from eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-2P...JVfqw1&vxp=mtr
    and I bought a complete wiring harness from Oreilly Auto that was pre wired for $19.95. Here are a few pictures with just the fender tips shining, then the the lights on. Pictures of the switch and also switch with the power on with switch off and switch on. Picture of the lights on the bike.
    DavidRS8.JPGRS6.jpgRS12.JPGRS13.jpgRS14.JPG
    Nowtobe sure im reading correctly..... Power on switch off is the pic where we can see both leds glowing, & pic with red or green lit led is power & switch on? Does it blink between the two colors or is there more going on?? Looking for a good accesory switch is why i ask. Thx

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Nowtobe sure im reading correctly..... Power on switch off is the pic where we can see both leds glowing, & pic with red or green lit led is power & switch on? Does it blink between the two colors or is there more going on?? Looking for a good accesory switch is why i ask. Thx
    The first picture is with the bike power completely off. Once you power up the bike the red light indicates off and the green indicates on.
    David
    Here is the wiring harness I used. Couldn't find it at Oreilly web site but this is the same one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Re...-/141524747700
    Last edited by Warlock; 06-30-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

The first picture is with the bike power completely off. Once you power up the bike the red light indicates off and the green indicates on.
    David
    Here is the wiring harness I used. Couldn't find it at Oreilly web site but this is the same one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Re...-/141524747700
    THANKS!

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Need help with the brackets . . .

Made my own brackets from stuff laying around my shop. Cost around $55.00 with the lights and switch.
    David
    I've noticed that there are two different vent pieces. One is for models with lights, the other is for models without driving lights. When you changed over the body panels did you notice these were different?

What kind of material did you use to build the mounts? Did your mount serve as mount for the pedestals that came with the lights? So you made a mount for the mounts? I'd really like to see the brackets, as I'v been thinking about how to engineer this myself.

Thanks,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Matahead View Post
    I've noticed that there are two different vent pieces. One is for models with lights, the other is for models without driving lights. When you changed over the body panels did you notice these were different?

What kind of material did you use to build the mounts? Did your mount serve as mount for the pedestals that came with the lights? So you made a mount for the mounts? I'd really like to see the brackets, as I'v been thinking about how to engineer this myself.

Thanks,
    These are mounted in the vents that comes stock on the bike. I just mounted them in the top vent hole. I took some 1" flat bar and bent them to fit my liking. It took several attempts before I got them right. I think 3/4" flat bar would work better. There is a hole on back of the lights to install a small bolt. Just bent the flat bar and made a bend somewhere between a 45 and 90 degree bend. Drill the holes in the brackets and bolt it to the light and drill holes on the back side of the vents to mount the brackets to it. If you look real close you can see my brackets when you walk up to it.
    David

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Cool,

Thanks for sharing