Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wandering belt

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agedbikeman View Post
    So I got my Krikit to day, good old BajaRon, belt was miles out only 160 pounds, racked it up to 220 pounds and adjusted RH tensioner to align belt, can't get it to run credit card thickness from flange but it sits more or less in the middle of the pulley and thats where it seems to stay put, only moves a bit in reverse (normal)

Find centre of belt managed to measure between centres with a tape, belt is near enough 1 meter between centres so measure 500mm from centre of axle, put a pecil mark on the footrest plate, thats where you aim your Krikit. EASY.

Thanks to all you guys for your input

Alex
    After the belt "heals" a little and evens up inside and outside it will adjust easier then. That has been my experience anyway.

Spyder Garage

Default Belt tension

Wandering Belt
    So I got my Krikit to day, good old BajaRon, belt was miles out only 160 pounds, racked it up to 220 pounds

Belt tension seems to be all over the place. A post from BajaRon shows a conversion chart of 202 to 270. Others run less like 160 to 180.

My RT is running around 210 and seems tight to me. I was actually going to go the opposite and back it off in the 160/180 range. Hmmmmm.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrb3004 View Post
    Wandering Belt
    So I got my Krikit to day, good old BajaRon, belt was miles out only 160 pounds, racked it up to 220 pounds

Belt tension seems to be all over the place. A post from BajaRon shows a conversion chart of 202 to 270. Others run less like 160 to 180.

My RT is running around 210 and seems tight to me. I was actually going to go the opposite and back it off in the 160/180 range. Hmmmmm.

I run my '08 GS at 160 - 180
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by A1A View Post
    Also make sure the rear axle is in properly alignment.

You bring up a good point. Since I'm a little anal, i put my calipers on the inside of the axle and to the rear of the swing arm. The right side is about 2mm difference. If I try to get the axle aligned the belt goes to the left side of the pulley. I guess you just have to keep playing with each adjuster to get it closely aligned and the belt correctly on the pulley Any suggestion would be appreciated. I have messed with the belt several times Get it perfect, go for a ride, and its wrong! I tried adjusting it with the rear wheel rotating off the ground in first gear, as well a rotating the wheel by hand. I think its tightening the axle bolt that screws up the perfect belt adjustment.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

NOw check the front pulley how far is it off one side or the other.(Gap) There is a procedure for this type of work..Service manual will tell you how . Not sure if you have one. Or get a green manual if you don't .