Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Question From Premiere to Anniversary, questions/decisions...help

Have not paid attention to the newer models, as I have been happy and content with my 2010 Premier edition.........have said this for 7 years now..........

However the 10th anniversary models are starting to grow on me. Test rode the powerful 1330, dang very nice!
    (1.) With the added incentive of extra 2 yr warranty and $500 I am stressing on having to haggle over the price.

Bob Denman has already made his decision, went to dealership and hashed her all out I am so excited for you Bob. That was a big step, and you are trading in your current spyder as well. Weather helped you make the decision, here riding is year round. decisions decisions. In your answer from the BRPCare team the said that your luggage would fit, Doesn't this anniversary edition come with luggage like the Limited would?

Me thinks dealers will sell at MSRP +A.D.M freight assembly'service,dealer insurance, profit and overhead, flooring & other costs where applicable However I will most likely need to speak to all 4 dealerships in my area, so time consuming.
    2.)And then for the upgrades since these are a limited model equivalent that means the Garmin 590 is dealer installed right? and the install is included or above MSRP
    Will have another 3rd brake light put on as well as some form of highway peg(but don't want a peg, want a smaller forward for foot rest.

3.) Also when you build a 2017 RT Limited there are little additions like if you want low brow front fenders (which I do), they come from factory or is that a dealer install?

4.) Can I remove the trailer hitch on my 2010 and put on 2018?
    And is that wise and cost effective, or better to just get a new hitch and avoid any future problems?

5.) Want to keep my 2010 622 trailer that was upgraded/fixed connector in 2011, that has a 9 pin attachment. Do I need to upgrade this or will it plug n play?

Considerations if I get new spyder:
    I only used the CB on my current bike about 3 times, (very few other riders had this) and ordered it, just to be safe on my last bike.
    6.) Thought thats the only way to get the entertainment harness so you can control everything from the buttons on the handlebar. Is that still the case? Or was I wrong?
    Remember finlessbob answering someones question about if you want the BRP factory xm radio, you need a dongle for the bluetooth confused. My previous set up was wired from bike to helmet. So this is so confusing, Need to investigate sena and scala? Want to listen to music and be able to talk on phone

https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/10th-anniversary.html

7.)How often are the service intervals now on 4500 miles?

There are 4 dealerships within a 40 mile radius of me. Sometimes choice is more burdensome.

Last weekend I test rode the F3 limited and a 2017 RT Got really confused cuz I liked the seating position on the F3 better, but knew that my current 2010 RTS was more similar to the F3 for foot position.

8.) Also had my digital display changed to how the F# display is with gas and water. Can you still do that on the RT?

9.)The 2017 RT for me felt like it needed stiffer shocks, as I am coming from 5 year old (works performance shocks) shocks that felt more secure/stiffer in the turns. Suppose this can get an upgrade or bajaron stabilizer

10.) I have a hard corbin seat, interested in the new comfort seat with backrest as it provides 2" more. Yet no dealerships I have found have them to try out. So my question is if I place an order, can I make changes to that order up to October 25th??

Not sure I can get answers to all of these, just this is what has been floating around in my head since Bob Denman post on June 14th, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...e-Looks-Of-It!
    Two weeks ago to the day

I know this is a long post, and I probably forgot something age......but maybe others have the same or other concerns questions to ask.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Have not paid attention to the newer models, as I have been happy and content with my 2010 Premier edition.........have said this for 7 years now..........

However the 10th anniversary models are starting to grow on me. Test rode the powerful 1330, dang very nice!
    (1.) With the added incentive of extra 2 yr warranty and $500 I am stressing on having to haggle over the price.

Bob Denman has already made his decision, went to dealership and hashed her all out I am so excited for you Bob. That was a big step, and you are trading in your current spyder as well. Weather helped you make the decision, here riding is year round. decisions decisions. In your answer from the BRPCare team the said that your luggage would fit, Doesn't this anniversary edition come with luggage like the Limited would?

Me thinks dealers will sell at MSRP +A.D.M freight assembly'service,dealer insurance, profit and overhead, flooring & other costs where applicable However I will most likely need to speak to all 4 dealerships in my area, so time consuming.
    2.)And then for the upgrades since these are a limited model equivalent that means the Garmin 590 is dealer installed right? and the install is included or above MSRP
    Will have another 3rd brake light put on as well as some form of highway peg(but don't want a peg, want a smaller forward for foot rest.

3.) Also when you build a 2017 RT Limited there are little additions like if you want low brow front fenders (which I do), they come from factory or is that a dealer install?

And is that wise and cost effective, or better to just get a new hitch and avoid any future problems?

5.) Want to keep my 2010 622 trailer that was upgraded/fixed connector in 2011, that has a 9 pin attachment. Do I need to upgrade this or will it plug n play?

Considerations if I get new spyder:
    I only used the CB on my current bike about 3 times, (very few other riders had this) and ordered it, just to be safe on my last bike.
    6.) Thought thats the only way to get the entertainment harness so you can control everything from the buttons on the handlebar. Is that still the case? Or was I wrong?
    Remember finlessbob answering someones question about if you want the BRP factory xm radio, you need a dongle for the bluetooth confused. My previous set up was wired from bike to helmet. So this is so confusing, Need to investigate sena and scala? Want to listen to music and be able to talk on phone

https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/10th-anniversary.html

There are 4 dealerships within a 40 mile radius of me. Sometimes choice is more burdensome.

Last weekend I test rode the F3 limited and a 2017 RT Got really confused cuz I liked the seating position on the F3 better, but knew that my current 2010 RTS was more similar to the F3 for foot position.

8.) Also had my digital display changed to how the F# display is with gas and water. Can you still do that on the RT?

9.)The 2017 RT for me felt like it needed stiffer shocks, as I am coming from 5 year old (works performance shocks) shocks that felt more secure/stiffer in the turns. Suppose this can get an upgrade or bajaron stabilizer

10.) I have a hard corbin seat, interested in the new comfort seat with backrest as it provides 2" more. Yet no dealerships I have found have them to try out. So my question is if I place an order, can I make changes to that order up to October 25th??

Not sure I can get answers to all of these, just this is what has been floating around in my head since Bob Denman post on June 14th, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...e-Looks-Of-It!
    Two weeks ago to the day

I know this is a long post, and I probably forgot something age......but maybe others have the same or other concerns questions to ask.
    Can't answer all for you...but here is what I know about the Comfort Seat. Have them on both my 2011 and 2014 RT's. The 2014 version is more comfortable of the two. The 2" setback is right on. I can ride all day on the comfort seat where the OEM was telling me to get off at 50 miles or so.

I am also one of the few that tried and liked Corbins. I had those on my 2008 and 2010. 23,500 and 36,500 corbin miles.

Pricing: Pricing is going to be "premium" and "iffy." I have gone to the site to build one, and it keeps coming up with get a dealer quote--starting at $30K +. Not enough changes to the product for me to jump in this time. I would say that multi $K off is not going to be happening. Since they are going to be "built to order," there will not be any leftovers to discount either--IMO.

This go around, I am keeping what I have.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-28-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is fun: isn't it?
    Are you in a position where you can keep the PE, and add the Anniversary model to your inventory?
    I think that there was a change to the hitch in about 2013 or so; your old one might not fit right.
    The same with the wiring...
    The Garmin Zumo 590 comes installed.
    Service intervals are 9300 miles, OR one year (whichever one shows up first)
    I'm sure that the Comfort seat is just a dealer installed thing: ask them to throw one on a current RT, and it'll give you an idea of what they are like.
    I'm adding extra brakelights from TricLEDs, and my Baker Built highway bars with Laomonster pegs is being transferred over.

I hope that this helps a little bit...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

. . . However I will most likely need to speak to all 4 dealerships in my area, so time consuming.

I knew a guy who, when buying a new car, emailed several dealers with the specs on what he wanted and asked them to bid for his business. Make sure they all know they're just one on the list of possible dealers you're working with. See who is coming up with the best initial offer and start with them for getting add-ons, etc.
    Ask for a price with the Spyder completely outfitted and everything installed as you want.

It is definitely cheaper to reuse your hitch and wiring. Include the transfer and installation of it in your purchase.
    You don't need to upgrade in you reuse the ones from your old Spyder. See the previous note.

Your first service is at 3000 miles then every 9600 miles after that. Easy-Peasy!

You should definitely decide which model you like before you start. I love and prefer the F3 over the RT. Since you have a 622 trailer you may not miss the extra storage the RT affords you. If you ride 2-up, you may prefer the RT.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This is fun: isn't it?
    Are you in a position where you can keep the PE, and add the Anniversary model to your inventory? Wife says i can only have one toy at a time, plus out of room in the garage.
    I think that there was a change to the hitch in about 2013 or so; your old one might not fit right.
    The same with the wiring...good to know, thx
    The Garmin Zumo 590 comes installed. Yeah for our team
    Service intervals are 9300 miles, OR one year (whichever one shows up first) Like that!
    I'm sure that the Comfort seat is just a dealer installed thing: ask them to throw one on a current RT, and it'll give you an idea of what they are like. Will do, when you put your order in, is there time for changes, say up to Oct 25th?
    I'm adding extra brakelights from TricLEDs, and my Baker Built highway bars with Laomonster pegs is being transferred over. Sweet, might need to gold plate as well

I hope that this helps a little bit....
    This helps a bunch Bob, thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Damn that's a lot of questions! Hi for it I'm sure you'll love it
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

I knew a guy who, when buying a new car, emailed several dealers with the specs on what he wanted and asked them to bid for his business. Make sure they all know they're just one on the list of possible dealers you're working with. See who is coming up with the best initial offer and start with them for getting add-ons, etc.

Just started the process with the first dealership, hopefully they come through fair, and my life is made easier.

Ask for a price with the Spyder completely outfitted and everything installed as you want.

Great idea, thanks.

It is definitely cheaper to reuse your hitch and wiring. Include the transfer and installation of it in your purchase.

You don't need to upgrade in you reuse the ones from your old Spyder. See the previous note. Might not work, been told, so no problem,

Your first service is at 3000 miles then every 9600 miles after that. Easy-Peasy!Nice

You should definitely decide which model you like before you start. I love and prefer the F3 over the RT. Since you have a 622 trailer you may not miss the extra storage the RT affords you. If you ride 2-up, you may prefer the RT. Pretty much still want the bigger machine with the electric windshield, please tell me that is still available? But the F3 is awesome too. I ride solo 90% of the time. u

Thanks for all your help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Can't answer all for you...but here is what I know about the Comfort Seat. Have them on both my 2011 and 2014 RT's. The 2014 version is more comfortable of the two. The 2" setback is right on. I can ride all day on the comfort seat where the OEM was telling me to get off at 50 miles or so. good to know, thx

I am also one of the few that tried and liked Corbins. I had those on my 2008 and 2010. 23,500 and 36,500 corbin miles.

Pricing: Pricing is going to be "premium" and "iffy." I have gone to the site to build one, and it keeps coming up with get a dealer quote--starting at $30K +. Not enough changes to the product for me to jump in this time. I would say that multi $K off is not going to be happening. Since they are going to be "built to order," there will not be any leftovers to discount either--IMO.
    I am ok with MSRP, just not that added junk fees,
    This go around, I am keeping what I have.
    Are the shocks you have on your 2014 the same as the 2017's? and did you add a sway bar?
    Again thanks for your comments.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Damn that's a lot of questions! Hi for it I'm sure you'll love it

I am kicking myself now for not going up to the Anniversary models now and seeing the color first hand up close in Drummondville too many people hovering around and at the time I said, nah I'm good with what I have.

Maybe someone else has more photos they can post from that night.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you see this one?

10 Anniversary 07.jpg

Spyder Garage

Did you see this one?

10 Anniversary 07.jpg
    Yes, seen this, was curious about the Logo on the fuel door. Do you not now have to raise the seat to put fuel in?

Spyder Garage

Are the shocks you have on your 2014 the same as the 2017's? and did you add a sway bar?
    Again thanks for your comments.
    I have the OEM shocks on the 2014. Did not feel the need for a change. I am also NOT using a swaybar. Mine feels steady as it goes. The laser alignment from Squared Away was all the 's needed.

RE Junk Fees: I don't pay them and I walk if they try to play games. There are many ways for a dealer to play with pricing. It has taken a few deals and years, but I am getting to where I know most of the tricks of the trade.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-28-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, seen this, was curious about the Logo on the fuel door. Do you not now have to raise the seat to put fuel in?
    Not sure what logo you're talking about but you still have to raise the seat on the RT for fuel.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Yikes...!!

Short attention span here.. if you like it .... get it....your getting the same F3 in a nice color combo and some 10th year anniversary ads all over it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I have the OEM shocks on the 2014. Did not feel the need for a change. I am also NOT using a swaybar. Mine feels steady as it goes. The laser alignment from Squared Away was all the 's needed.

RE Junk Fees: I don't pay them and I walk if they try to play games. There are many ways for a dealer to play with pricing. It has taken a few deals and years, but I am getting to where I know most of the tricks of the trade.
    Yes I will get a laser alignment from Squared Away and see how it goes with the stock shocks, I can always upgrade at Spyderfest if necessary. The shocks I have on my current RT cost $800, and they said that they just need to be re oiled or something like that every 3 years I believe. Maybe i should take them off if they will fit.

Yes i will be insistent on not paying above MSRP, Which still
    provides the dealership with profit. Anybody know how much?
    and if I decide to trade in, am aware of the dangers that can
    cause. Will possibly sell here with full disclosure of her history,
    but seriously my current ride has never been better. Just believe
    now is the time to get something new.

As BRP's ad says, once in a lifetime to own a part of Can-Am history!

On a side note my little brother back in April of 2013 was going to
    buy another motorcycle that he could ride a further distance than his
    Victory 8Ball soft tail. Cuz he knew I was riding all the time long
    distances on my Rt. So he was going
    to get a basic Black Victory Cross Country. Which is an absolute
    gem in its own right. But I believe to this day, that his older
    liberal brother by saying to my very conservative little
    brother from Texas. I said "il brother, you only live once!" I flew
    out there to visit, and you know what he bought it right

off the showroom floor. 15 year Anniversary Victory Cross Country

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

IIRC, there is a special 10th Anniversary badge on the glove box lid.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just looked at Denman's post. The logo you mention is below the fuel tank cap of the F3, for which you do not have to raise the seat to fuel up.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Not sure what logo you're talking about but you still have to raise the seat on the RT for fuel.
    Top right picture just below Spyder RT Limited photo

Says"3D 10th Anniversary Badge (on fuel tank) "

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    IIRC, there is a special 10th Anniversary badge on the glove box lid.
    for both the RT & F3?

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I just looked at Denman's post. The logo you mention is below the fuel tank cap of the F3, for which you do not have to raise the seat to fuel up.
    Ok, so I will need to raise seat on RT to put fuel in, so that is where the logo for 10th will be or on the glove box?

Did BRP mistakenly mention this logo feature without saying it is just for the F3 which I am not getting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a REALLY good question!
    But my guess (and that's all that it is...) is that all of the 10th Anniversary models will get a commemorative badge on the tank.
    (I think that, because it didn't specify that it was only going to be on the F3 or the RT.)

Spyder Garage

That's a REALLY good question!
    But my guess (and that's all that it is...) is that all of the 10th Anniversary models will get a commemorative badge on the tank.
    (I think that, because it didn't specify that it was only going to be on the F3 or the RT.)
    Me thinks that maybe the best place to put the badge would be on an RT just infront of the Seat on the glove box cover, which on an F3 is the tank (guessing)

or maybe on the frunk where the BRP logo is. replace it with that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Up on the Frunk would be nice...
    (I'm not sure if putting it just in front of the seat would feel all that great, if you were to slide forward...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A picture showing the location of the emblem has arrived!!

20170603_164620.jpg

Spyder Garage

A picture showing the location of the emblem has arrived!!

20170603_164620.jpg

Awesome thanks so much.

Spyder Garage

just need to know if the CB and entertainment harness with the cell phone interface to use bluetooth in helmet,
    and can also control with bike handlebar function. Also does a call come thru on Garmin for you to answer call?
    anybody know. Here is another photo in the mean time.

hmmm read another post and maybe this is not the way to go, but I do like scrolling thru music and reading which song/ station on my dash.

Last edited by TicketBait; 06-29-2017 at 04:44 PM. Reason: added hmmmm

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You just found my new Desktop background for me...Thanks!