Spyder Garage

Unhappy Can-Am dealer gone

The Can-Am dealer I bought my 2016 Spyder from in Hamilton, Alabama no longer sales or service Can-Am spyders . This is sad news for me. They were good to work with. I will miss the 60 mile trip to get my spyder worked on or codes reset. Now I have to find a dealer I can trust, if I need my spyder worked on.

Spyder Garage

I feel your pain, friend.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

got my 2013 from them a few years ago. very good dealership and easy to deal with. sorry to hear about this
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Only 426 miles to East TN ATV in Elizabethton, TN. Will be well worth the ride.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

I purchased my 15 Rts and my 16 F3T there, an awesome dealership.
    I really hate hearing that.
    I wander why.
    Last edited by rays hell; 06-28-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Default Oh no....another one....

Sad to hear that yet another one is gone. Wonder if there are new ones popping up. Always hear of the down side we did get a new one about 2 miles away not long after we lost one about 20 miles away. Must be the demands made to be a dealer and the sales, service and parts share in the multi dealers....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Lucky Us

We are so lucky here in my neck of the woods. We have three dealers within 20 miles of our house, this provides motivation for the dealer to do the best they can as they know that in 20 minutes I can be at another dealer! Competition breeds greatness!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Its not just Spyder Dealers. A mainly Yamaha dealership that has been there forever on a very busy City Street is going out of business. Not sure what is going on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Its not just Spyder Dealers. A mainly Yamaha dealership that has been there forever on a very busy City Street is going out of business. Not sure what is going on.
    There is a general downturn in motorcycle sales. My local Kawi dealer does not have ANY "big iron" on the floor. Just sport bikes and ATV's. He had a used 2009 Voyager 1700 and I bought his new 2015 900 Vulcan LT a couple weeks ago.

He is also the only remaining sales and service in the state. They make their money off of Ski Doo snowmobiles. Used to be the biggest sales dealer in North America.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Cannon --

Sorry to hear about the Hamilton dealer. I almost bought a Ural rig from them several years ago (I'm down around Montgomery), but my wife thought that was kinda goofy and talked me into a Spyder.

I bought my Spyder from the Birmingham dealer (at the time, they were the only other one in Alabama), but they're pain to deal with. Unless you buy into their "diamond care" program (or somesuch name), you just get in line for service, drop the bike off, and they'll call you when it's ready. With their special care program, you can make an appointment and get same-day service. Their business manager quoted me $1200 to buy into that ; I passed. But that was back in 2014; I don't know if they've changed their business model -- I haven't been back after the initial purchase.

There used to be a dealer in Cullman, but they're not showing up in the dealer search at Can Am. Hmmmm ... lost another one?

There's a dealer in Montgomery. They work on an appointment basis. So far, I'm happy with them, but then I haven't had anything go wrong with my Spyder. Just periodic service.