Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited saddle bags don't latch

I have a new 2016 F3 Limited and I keep having problems with the saddle bags not wanting to latch when I close them. Sometimes I have to pull the lever again to get the little pincer things to open up again. Anyone else have this problem and a solution for it? Thanks!
    2016 F3 Limited
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Spyderpops lighted bumpskid
    Lamonster LED headlights

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

-Maria Robinson

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LATCHING ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMarie View Post
    I have a new 2016 F3 Limited and I keep having problems with the saddle bags not wanting to latch when I close them. Sometimes I have to pull the lever again to get the little pincer things to open up again. Anyone else have this problem and a solution for it? Thanks!
    RT's have the same issues ( not all but some ). Your dealer can adjust them and fix the problem ..... or at least they should ...it's under warranty ...................... Mike

Spyder Garage

Try and push from the middle of the cover, it seems to shut much better for me.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Default Remember how to adjust brakes on bicycles?

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMarie View Post
    Locate the cable going to the mechanism. Probably have to pop off tupperware. There is a simple screw type adjustment with a "locking nut" in the cable. Loosen the locking nut and unscrew either side one or two turns to make the cable LONGER. This will make the latch open sooner as you pull on the handle. The same technique is used on bicycles, clutch cables, etc.

Adjusted mine on my RTS, I know the cables are the same on F3 but no hands on experience!

Spyder Garage

Default F3-T

My '16 F3-T has the same problem, won't close all the time.

Chris
    Last edited by No 2817; 06-29-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by No 2817 View Post
    My '16 F3-T has the same problem, won't close all the time.

Chris

Chris, have you attempted a fix or taken it to the dealer. It's too annoying for me to ignore so I'm going to do one or the other.
    2016 F3 Limited
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Lamonster LED headlights

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

-Maria Robinson

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I have found that if you put your hand on the emblem directly in the center of the lid, it will close. Putting your hand anywhere but directly in the center will cause the lid to flex and the latches won't line up. This can cause the catches to "close" then subsequent tries won't work until you "open" the bag again.
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    I have found that if you put your hand on the emblem directly in the center of the lid, it will close. Putting your hand anywhere but directly in the center will cause the lid to flex and the latches won't line up. This can cause the catches to "close" then subsequent tries won't work until you "open" the bag again.
    Well if I'm just no closing it right that's an easy fix. I'll try that first! Thanks!
    2016 F3 Limited
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Lamonster LED headlights

-Maria Robinson