Thread: First Spyder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default First Spyder

68 yrs old. Had a bunch of different bikes over the years...last one was a 1700 Kawasaki....had a couple of Goldwings.

Been reading and researching Spyders for quite some time. Looking for an RT S touring model.

Im making some offers to local(56537)dealers this week in the $25k range. Maybe something will work out.

Not afraid of buying used, but at my age, this may be my last bike and I'm not into wrenching on a bike as I don't have the tools.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guitpic1 View Post
    68 yrs old. Had a bunch of different bikes over the years...last one was a 1700 Kawasaki....had a couple of Goldwings.

Been reading and researching Spyders for quite some time. Looking for an RT S touring model.

Im making some offers to local(56537)dealers this week in the $25k range. Maybe something will work out.

Not afraid of buying used, but at my age, this may be my last bike and I'm not into wrenching on a bike as I don't have the tools.
    to the party. Let us know how it works out.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to the spyder community!

Welcome to the spyder family with whatever spyder you get and enjoy your rides!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Happy Shopping!!

But remember:

As you narrow down your list of possible bikes: let us know what is catching your eye!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The Closer You Get to September, the better.

It's my understanding the 18's are being introduced third week of September. The closer you get to that date, the better your chance of them biting on what you're offering. Best of luck. I'm gonna hold off until the 18's come out and see what's new or not new.
    A winner is not the one who never loses. A winner is the one who gets knocked down a thousand times and never stays there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't forget to come and post a pic of whatever you end up get. Happy Hunting!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

go with the 1330 Ace engine!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Tx all

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
    It's my understanding the 18's are being introduced third week of September. The closer you get to that date, the better your chance of them biting on what you're offering. Best of luck. I'm gonna hold off until the 18's come out and see what's new or not new.
    I wouldn't count on it. They may be announced but don't plan on getting your hands on one until after the first of the year. The Spyder production line is down for the summer and won't start back up until September, IIRC from the tour info at Homecoming.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Seventy-two years of age here (although I oft times foolishly still think I'm closer to 45), with short legs, slowly diminishing upper body strength, and a two year old artificial left hip. Been riding for over 50 years and, fortunately, I can count the number of unintentional fall-down events on the fingers of one hand. Unfortunately, two of them occurred during the past three years. Thankfully both were zero speed with no lasting damage to me or the machines. Fortunate, me thinks.

Although we still keep two motorcycles (BMW K75S and Suzuki TU250X) we've added two Spyders to the fleet in the past two years (a 2015 RT-S and a 2012 RT Limited) and are very pleased we did. We find that we ride much more, over longer distances, are more comfortable and confident, and to us that enhances the joy of the riding experience substantially. We've come to understand that aging doesn't mean giving up activities we enjoy; in large part it means adapting to changing circumstances and capabilities. Thank you BRP for giving us Spyders.

And to the gratuitous, unsolicited advise-givers of the world (no one here I presume) I don't want a convertible and I already have "real" motorcycles.
    Last edited by Arion; 06-28-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

that is a good price point and you should have no issues picking up a new RT

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 RT Special Series fully loaded that I'm looking to sell. I live in the Minneapolis area and can make you a good deal. Interested in talking?

mk
    2016 Spyder F3-L Special Series
    2016 Spyder RT Special Series

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

As others have stated, welcome and enjoy your shopping. I would highly recommend that you consider buying a Spyder with the 1330 ACE engine (triple cylinder)....more power, better fuel economy, etc. We have 39,000+ miles on our 2014 RT Limited (which has the 1330 cc engine). This engine along with the 6 speed trans were in Spyder RTs starting in 2014.

Let us know what you end up with - fun times!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MKrone View Post
    I have a 2016 RT Special Series fully loaded that I'm looking to sell. I live in the Minneapolis area and can make you a good deal. Interested in talking?

mk
    You have a PM