Spyder Garage

Default Luggage question

Hi all, just about to take delivery of a new F3. I do already own a GS which has had all of the touring kit fitted, back rack, G35 panniers etc. The question is can I get a back rack and pannier kits for the F3?

So far I haven't found anything, anyone who did advertise is now out of stock. I don't mind shipping in from the US, so what I would like are some ideas suggestions of how to furnish this thing.

Thanks all.

Spyder Garage

If you can look into the F3T set up has all what your asking, there are more options for bags all just a matter of what you like

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brp have shad panniers for the f3 - made in Spain, I think one English f3 owner ordered direct. Brackets are very good, bags are shad sh36.

Other panniers are around - leather and hard bags - lots in the f3 forum here.

Back rack and and top box - shad is rumoured to be making a bracket, but at the moment I haven't heard more. There are quite a few racks for a top box, again read through the f3 forum, and check out sponsoring vendors.

Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Aye, helps loads, thanks for that.

Spyder Garage

Default Rack

Baker makes a rack for the F3. Highwayman put a top box on it. Works great!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Baker makes a rack for the F3. Highwayman put a top box on it. Works great!!
    Got any links?

Cheers

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default KISS it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pig View Post
    Hi all, just about to take delivery of a new F3. I do already own a GS which has had all of the touring kit fitted, back rack, G35 panniers etc. The question is can I get a back rack and pannier kits for the F3?

So far I haven't found anything, anyone who did advertise is now out of stock. I don't mind shipping in from the US, so what I would like are some ideas suggestions of how to furnish this thing.

Thanks all.
    If you need a ton of luggage you are not packing correctly. I recommend to anyone packing for an MC vacation to bring as much as you can carry to your bike in one hand. If you need two hands or two trips its too much stuff. I put my "stuff" in one duffle bag across the back seat strapped with rock straps and off I go. KISS it! (Keep It Simple Stupid).

An acronym I learned in the Marines many many years ago....it works.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the links guys.

I always have spare capacity in my luggage for souvenirs etc. I do a lot of tours around Europe so it's always handy to carry extra dry kit as I can never guarantee getting my kit dried.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    If you need a ton of luggage you are not packing correctly. I recommend to anyone packing for an MC vacation to bring as much as you can carry to your bike in one hand. If you need two hands or two trips its too much stuff. I put my "stuff" in one duffle bag across the back seat strapped with rock straps and off I go. KISS it! (Keep It Simple Stupid).

An acronym I learned in the Marines many many years ago....it works.
    hahaha. I certainly agree in principle, Road-Kill, but try that when you are 6'7" and 300lbs. A pair of size 15 sneakers fill one saddlebag , and the XXXXLT tshirt and jumper fill the other.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I don't think you'll get your Givi cases on the F3 without making your own brackets or adapting the GS ones.

I would also recommend the SHAD bags, really good quality. £395 all in (bags & brackets) from Loyd at OHG in Devon. Easy to fit, just need to make a couple of holes bigger in the undertray.

Lots of pics here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=shad

and some on my bike here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=shad

I would also recommend the inner bags (not included in the BRP kit) but you can buy them anywhere - worth looking on Ebay as they are cheaper in France & Spain.

SHAD are also working on a mount for their top boxes, it's 'coming soon' at the moment.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

I have the chaps at M&P's trying to source some Shad rails at the moment, there doesn't seem to be any in the UK at the moment.
    Cheers for the info though.

Spyder Garage

SORTED!

The chaps at OHG had some it so I have just bought them, all I need now is the F3 to fit them to, should be arriving tomorrow/Thursday.

Good shout Monkeyboymorton .

Thanks everyone else for the info, I am keeping an eye out for a back rack now...

Spyder Garage

Glad you're sorted. Bought a few bits from OHG - my preferred go to dealer for parts despite living in Stoke!!

Not much available here for back rail. SHAD is not out yet, only other option is to import one from the US but it's costly.

Which F3 have you gone for?
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Went for the manual, base model. I have a habit of modifying, my GS is nowt like stock, it looks pretty similar but I have done loads to it and I thought I would end up doing the same with this one.

Transpires that the model I bought shares the same front and rear sprocket, something which I have spares of (ya dancer!), I even have a spare belt and back tyre that fits too.

I may have a go at manufacturing a back rack myself (well, design one at least and have the local fabricator make it) and if it works out I'll see how much it'll cost to do a run of them.

Unfortunately I have 3 body kits for the GS.. I also have a couple of sets of wheels.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you'll be making some changes!!

I've added lots of accessories but modding so far is lmited to RT sway (anti roll to us in the UK) bar at the front and replacing the rubbish rear shock with the 'occassional 2 up' one.

Upgrading the anti-roll is well recommended and reduces cornering lean a lot. If you can get a standard RT one (2014 onwards) cheap it's a good value upgrade. The BAJA Ron is the utimate but like everything costs a fortune to import. Worth a shout on the FB group to see if anyone had upgraded an RT and has one lying around.

Rear shock is a must upgrade but I would look at the shock factory one at £350. The BRP '2 up' is better than stock but can still bottom out over rough roads and grids etc. I got it cheap in the US and brought it back in my luggage but it's nearer £300 here. Might as well spend the extra on the shock factory one.

If you want cruise you can replace the right control block with the F3-S one and hey presto you have cruise. It's all done by the computer.

The other thread you'll want to read is the ECU remap one - a guy in Perth (Jase) is doing remaps. Oh and that's Perth WA, not up the road from you!! You have to send him your ECU but it does give 10-15% more HP and reviews suggest it's just much nicer to drive. Cost is $1000 AUD so ~ £600. Pretty much the going rate for a remap. Going to send mine off later in the year when it gets cold here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Sounds like you'll be making some changes!!

I've added lots of accessories but modding so far is lmited to RT sway (anti roll to us in the UK) bar at the front and replacing the rubbish rear shock with the 'occassional 2 up' one.

Upgrading the anti-roll is well recommended and reduces cornering lean a lot. If you can get a standard RT one (2014 onwards) cheap it's a good value upgrade. The BAJA Ron is the utimate but like everything costs a fortune to import. Worth a shout on the FB group to see if anyone had upgraded an RT and has one lying around.

Rear shock is a must upgrade but I would look at the shock factory one at £350. The BRP '2 up' is better than stock but can still bottom out over rough roads and grids etc. I got it cheap in the US and brought it back in my luggage but it's nearer £300 here. Might as well spend the extra on the shock factory one.

If you want cruise you can replace the right control block with the F3-S one and hey presto you have cruise. It's all done by the computer.

The other thread you'll want to read is the ECU remap one - a guy in Perth (Jase) is doing remaps. Oh and that's Perth WA, not up the road from you!! You have to send him your ECU but it does give 10-15% more HP and reviews suggest it's just much nicer to drive. Cost is $1000 AUD so ~ £600. Pretty much the going rate for a remap. Going to send mine off later in the year when it gets cold here.
    Ooh, I like the sound of the remap. When you fitted the RT bar did you go with the uprated droplinks?

Already sniffing around at rear shocks, heard a lot of bad press WRT the stock one. I think I am going to try and get the specs and source a third party one that isn't necessarily listed for the Spyder, there'll be loads out there. Maybe a Triumph or Hayabusa shock or some such.

Spyder Garage

I left the links standard as the bar was free from a forum member when I was on holiday in Florida. No point buying links as an extra when the bar was free.

Also, the links are the same as fitted to the RT so if they are strong enough to cope with the weight of the RT I'm happy to have them on my F3.

If I was ordering a Ron bar I'd probably have gone with the uprated links as that bar would put more force through the standard links than they are designed to take.

Spyder Garage

Default luggage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    I don't think you'll get your Givi cases on the F3 without making your own brackets or adapting the GS ones.

I would also recommend the SHAD bags, really good quality. £395 all in (bags & brackets) from Loyd at OHG in Devon. Easy to fit, just need to make a couple of holes bigger in the undertray.

Lots of pics here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=shad

and some on my bike here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=shad

I would also recommend the inner bags (not included in the BRP kit) but you can buy them anywhere - worth looking on Ebay as they are cheaper in France & Spain.

SHAD are also working on a mount for their top boxes, it's 'coming soon' at the moment.
    We have mounts available that will allow you to mount GIVI or other brand luggage to your F3. Call us if you have questions or email us. 1-800-451-9464 or info@bakerbuilt.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wing Guy View Post
    We have mounts available that will allow you to mount GIVI or other brand luggage to your F3. Call us if you have questions or email us. 1-800-451-9464 or info@bakerbuilt.com
    Bugger! I have just shelled out 400 bangers for the Shad kit now..

Oh well, I'll just have to flog the Givi kit along with the GS.

Spyder Garage

Rails fitted... Doddle!