Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Let me tell you a few things about East Tennessee ATV...

East Tennessee ATV in Elizabethton, TN is by far the best dealer I have ever dealt with in over 15 years of dealing with motorsport and powersport dealers. If you live East of the Mississippi River (and beyond for that matter), I highly recommend you look them up prior to making a purchase or conducting a service. You will not find another Can-AM dealer out there with as fair and friendly owners as them. Here's my story:

I live in Northern Virginia, just outside D.C. I purchased my F3-T from a dealer that is less than three miles from my house. I have walked home from this dealer they are that close. About six weeks ago, I dropped off my F3-T to have the Top Case installed. It took them FIVE weeks to get it installed and working properly. While it was there, they called and asked if I had any problems with my mode button not working. I said no, never a problem. They said it was working intermittently and they couldn't use any of the buttons on the left hand-grip...first time it has ever happened to me. They told me that they diagnosed it as being my aftermarket lights. I have lights from TricLED, Lamont, and Custom Dynamics on my bike. They said its not covered under warranty and I will have to remove them myself. So I pick up the bike and get it home. I wash it and what do you know, I can't hit the mode, shift, turn signals...nothing. So I begin to unhook all of my LED lighting. I get it all unhooked and get the bike working. On Wednesday of this week, I leave Northern VA for East Tennessee via Skyline Drive. Have a great day of riding with two other Spyderlover members and stop for the night.Thursday we head out and about 30 miles from Johnson City, it starts to rain. After about 20 min of riding in the rain, I lose functionality again of the left controls. I limp it to the hotel where on Friday morning it won't start or do anything. East TN ATV came 18 miles to tow me. They get it to the shop and the bike starts right up and they can't find anything. Being frustrated, I am determined to not ride this thing home with the problem. I go for a short ride and it acts up again...second time East TN ATV comes and picks me up on the side of the road. They get the bike back to the shop and start to trouble shoot. After a few hours, they find a bad wire inside the bikes main wiring harness that allows the ECU to talk to the left hand grip and cruise control on the right.

It took them two hours to find what my dealer couldn't find in six weeks. They refused to charge me for the two pick ups and they ordered the harness to install when it comes in. Folks, I will drive 400 miles to purchase, service and repair my current and future Can-Am products before I go back to my dealer three miles down the road. They are also reinstalling all of my aftermarket lights I took off because my dealer told me that was the cause of my problem They have a customer for life. I highly recommend them if you are in the market for a new Can-Am product.

P.S. their event was top-notch and well done. Very welcoming and the riding in Eastern Tennessee is second to none. This rally should be on your must do list of yearly spyder events if they make it an annual affair.
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 06-25-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know...

Hope all those in eastern Tennessee take note as well as those traveling in the area this season. Good ones are getting hard to find...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

All too often we do not getto hear posative reports like this thx now if you please what is name of your dealer that failed? Just for my traveling avoidance

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Damn. We need more dealers like this! This dealer obviously didn't see you only for your $$$. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the great write up. We need more dealers like this one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Meeting them firsthand and hanging around and bugging them a little before the event I found them the nicest and most professional of dealers I have ever met. I would not hesitate to take anything to them or purchase from them! Agree 1000%

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know that there are real dedicated professional people out there.

We have a dealer in Cheyenne Wyoming, 130 miles away from Douglas Wyoming where we live. And I take mine to them. High country Motorsports. Great folks and friendly and very professional service.
    2016 F3 Limited , Crimson RED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Damn. We need more dealers like this! This dealer obviously didn't see you only for your $$$. Tom
    Speaking of money, one of the guys I rode there with had his 3000 mile service done, they charged him approx $189 bucks. My dealer wanted $400 plus the cost of the oil change kit. I wasn't kidding when I said I will ride 400 miles to do business with them in the future.

They temporarily fixed the wire with solder so I could ride at the event. I could have rode the bike home, but no way was I bringing it back to my home dealer to have the harness replaced. I had my wife drive down to pick me up and I will go back down when the harness is in and installed

I also have to thank the regional BRP rep that was there, I forgot his name. Lamont as well. They were both in there helping them diagnose and find this wire because no codes were showing in BUDS.
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 06-25-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that they figured out the problem. I think that techs are taught that if they have no idea what a problem is or they don't have time to troubleshoot a problem that they should blame aftermarket lights.

When do do you leave for Korea?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Glad to hear that they figured out the problem. I think that techs are taught that if they have no idea what a problem is or they don't have time to troubleshoot a problem that they should blame aftermarket lights.

When do do you leave for Korea?
    I leave right after Labor Day weekend. It's a 12 month unaccompanied tour. Leaving the family in DC hoping they send me back there when I'm done. Looks like I will miss almost the entire 2018 riding season and events. Good news is I plan to retire in 2019...then I'll be out looking for a new career
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Speaking of money, one of the guys I rode there with had his 3000 mile service done, they charged him approx $189 bucks. My dealer wanted $400 plus the cost of the oil change kit. I wasn't kidding when I said I will ride 400 miles to do business with them in the future.

They temporarily fixed the wire with solder so I could ride at the event. I could have rode the bike home, but no way was I bringing it back to my home dealer to have the harness replaced. I had my wife drive down to pick me up and I will go back down when the harness is in and installed

I also have to thank the regional BRP rep that was there, I forgot his name. Lamont as well. They were both in there helping them diagnose and find this wire because no codes were showing in BUDS.
    I will say it was a challenge to figure this one out. I worked with Chris on the aftermarket stuff but he's the one that figured out the signal wire. I was surprised myself to see that being the problem. I'm glad they got you back on the road and it is worth making the trip there. Good folks and they put on a great event for their first one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    We have a dealer in Cheyenne Wyoming, 130 miles away from Douglas Wyoming where we live. And I take mine to them. High country Motorsports. Great folks and friendly and very professional service.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I leave right after Labor Day weekend. It's a 12 month unaccompanied tour. Leaving the family in DC hoping they send me back there when I'm done. Looks like I will miss almost the entire 2018 riding season and events. Good news is I plan to retire in 2019...then I'll be out looking for a new career
    on finally getting everything nailed back together!
    Now that your bike is running again: I'll be happy to keep it exercised for you, while you're gone...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope the year goes by quickly for you and your family. Look for a second career that allows you to ride a lot.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I hope the year goes by quickly for you and your family. Look for a second career that allows you to ride a lot.
    You guys hiring?
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You guys hiring?

By then we may be retiring too!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

By then we may be retiring too!

NO NO, say it ain't so Pa, say it ain't so!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Wiring and electrical issues are the bane of techs everywhere. happy to hear it was diagnosed and a repair initiated.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    NO NO, say it ain't so Pa, say it ain't so!

Joe
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I did not buy my Spyder from East TN ATV, but they are the closest dealer to my home, Kingsport, TN. Distance is only about 30-35 miles.
    They installed the BajaRon sway bar for me and another friend recently bought a used RT SE5 they serviced it, laser aligned it, new front tires and a few other things.
    East TN ATV went over his new to him Spyder and fixed a bunch of stuff. He is very happy with everything they did on his Spyder.
    The owners are great folks!!!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5