Spyder Garage

Default adjusting the front shocks

I have a 2015 F3-S and I am wanting to stiffen the front up a little. I would guess this would be done with the 2 front shocks. BRP did not give me one of those tools that are used to adjust them. I am not sure how you should do this other than, adjusting them and then riding it and, then adjusting them again if needed. So 2 questions. 1, is this the correct way to do it? and 2, where and what kind of tool should I get?

Spyder Garage

The dealer may not have given you the proper tool to set the preload on the shocks but that does not mean there isn't one for the job. I recommend tasking the dealer to come up with the information, including the part number for the tool. If the individual at the dealeship does not come up with the answer, tell him to find out from the service manager what tool a tech would use if you rode in and told them you wanted the preload adjusted. Smells to me like they might be stiffing you through ignorance about the vehicle.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

If you look in the owner's manual the shocks are describrd as having adjustable preload. If the dealership didn't explain about the the preload procedure on your brand new vehicle, how would you describe the situation having just unloaded your pile of cash. I may be blunt, but IMO that's customer service.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Our bike has adjustments for headlights, drive belt, parking brake and more. The dealer we purchased from had horrible customer service, and come to think of it, they never did explain how to adjust any of those few things I mentioned. Greedy Bastards.
    I have purchased many motorcycles and cars and no dealer explained how to adjust any item except the car seat and tilt steering wheel. I have managed to get through life with these vehicles and the lack of information from the dealers quite well. Some dealers may be greedy, some may be bastards but a dealer not informing a new owner how to adjust something has nothing to do with either.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Our bike has adjustments for headlights, drive belt, parking brake and more. The dealer we purchased from had horrible customer service, and come to think of it, they never did explain how to adjust any of those few things I mentioned. Greedy Bastards.
    I'll bet that they even forgot to tell you how to adjust the tire pressures!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black