Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Three days riding, 1500 miles, avoiding storm Cindy along the Gulf. Great ride!

I just got back from wonderful trip to visit with family in Pensacola Beach, FL. I rode from Southeast Missouri to Pensacola in one day on mostly interstate (in a rush to see family members and go to the beach)! After a week visit I wanted to take scenic roads back home and see some sights. However, storm Cindy came through and made me ride with an eye on storms. I started home after Cindy had made landfall and dissipated but lots of rain. I saw flooding and swollen rivers! I rode with my rain suit on but no heavy storms, just rain off and on (watched weather apps a lot)! I ate delicious BBQ in the middle of nowhere, in Louisiana, from a man selling it while cooking in a huge black smoker (the smoker was as big as a pickup truck and homemade). I stopped in Ruston, LA because they were having a downtown festival when I rode through and I stopped to walk around. I also stopped in Little Rock, AR and got my picture taken in front of the Central High School steps that was the scene of desegregation strife in 1954. I didn't get many pictures because the weather made it difficult to keep the camera dry but I have wonderful memories of my first 1500 mile solo trip on my spyder.
    IMG_1748.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images