Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Have I Found My F3-T?

Just came back from the dealer that's about 40 miles from me (not the closest dealer to me, but not too bad) and found that he still had a leftover 2016 F3-T. It's the only one that he has left and is white (which, frankly is my least favorite color, but color isn't too big a deal with me). But, his price after rebates are applied seems pretty good to me - $19499 + tax, etc_. That's significantly better than what I was quoted from a well-known online dealership.

I took it for a test ride and it felt comfortable and smooth.

One thing I didn't realize is that the 2016 F3-T doesn't come with AM-FM audio system as standard. (The 2017 does however). But that's not really a big deal for me either - it's something that I can easily live without.

So, can anyone comment on this price? Good?, Bad or so-so? - or should I hold out for a better deal?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Just came back from the dealer that's about 40 miles from me (not the closest dealer to me, but not too bad) and found that he still had a leftover 2016 F3-T. It's the only one that he has left and is white (which, frankly is my least favorite color, but color isn't too big a deal with me). But, his price after rebates are applied seems pretty good to me - $19499 + tax, etc_. That's significantly better than what I was quoted from a well-known online dealership.

I took it for a test ride and it felt comfortable and smooth.

One thing I didn't realize is that the 2016 F3-T doesn't come with AM-FM audio system as standard. (The 2017 does however). But that's not really a big deal for me either - it's something that I can easily live without.

So, can anyone comment on this price? Good?, Bad or so-so? - or should I hold out for a better deal?

Thanks!
    Is the $19499 taking into account the recently advertised by BRP ($3500 off list price of 2016 and earlier)? I am not in the market for F3T so am not familiar with the MSRP etc. I was thinking though, that this is a $25K + item. If so--good price.

White will grow on you. It is the "classy" color. Radio? You are not missing much. Reception little to none, if you drive in the country. We use ours very little. We have more fun with the bike to bike communicators. If your price turns out to be more than $5K off, I would jump on the deal. Let us know.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Those are available with the audio for that price and ive even seen them in the high 18's if you dont mind traveling a bit. I really love the audio and the bluetooth to the helmet thing just isnt the same for me.

Spyder Garage

Default Price

Newbert, not sure which part of "upstate" you are in but I test rode the same model a couple of weeks ago and was quoted $20,500. That included a $2000 rebate and a dealer discount of $2864 off the sticker of $25,364. So you are a grand ahead of me there.
    My wife liked the white and the bags (which look to hold maybe a large sandwich). I balked at it and ended up with an F3 2015 with 2800 mi for $14,700 on a private sale.
    The dealership has good people but not $6k better for what I needed. I think I can get nice bags if I ever want them and music thru my phone for a bit less $$.

So I too am a "Spyder newbie" as of last night.

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

Sounds like a good deal. Color is an easily corrected error and as for the radio...there are many substitutes...I love the G9 from scala and use mostly the intercom and MP3 player. Has radio but poor reception but can hook up with 9 other ryders with similar set up.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmnels View Post
    Newbert, not sure which part of "upstate" you are in but I test rode the same model a couple of weeks ago and was quoted $20,500. That included a $2000 rebate and a dealer discount of $2864 off the sticker of $25,364. So you are a grand ahead of me there.
    My wife liked the white and the bags (which look to hold maybe a large sandwich). I balked at it and ended up with an F3 2015 with 2800 mi for $14,700 on a private sale.
    The dealership has good people but not $6k better for what I needed. I think I can get nice bags if I ever want them and music thru my phone for a bit less $$.

So I too am a "Spyder newbie" as of last night.
    Congrats on your new-yo-you Spyder! I'm in Glens Falls. I see that you are in Albany, so I think that we're probably talking about the same dealer. Was your $20,500 quote the out-the-door price (including tax, tags etc)? Because my quote for total out-the-door is almost exactly $21K.

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your new-yo-you Spyder! I'm in Glens Falls. I see that you are in Albany, so I think that we're probably talking about the same dealer. Was your $20,500 quote the out-the-door price (including tax, tags etc)? Because my quote for total out-the-door is almost exactly $21K.
    PS. If dealer charges transportation, set up, and doc fees in addition--that is just wrong. They are always a part of my deals, I get em, or I walk.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Be careful until you get an out the door price. The price the original poster quoted is OK, but not the best out there. I was able to get the color I wanted, with stereo. My out the door price was under $21k after adding heated grips. The only added cost that I had was tax once I titled the vehicle. Good luck shoping.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Noooo $20,500 plus tax, lic fee and a passenger back rest were an additional $2200.

I am in Clifton Park. The VT dealer quoted out the door on a 2016 F3S at $19750

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black