Thread: Turn signal

Spyder Garage

Default Turn signal

Have a 2016 F3T and I'm having turn signal issues. Left won't turn off after a left-hand corner turn and handle bars are returned to straight. Also seems to stay on way longer than the 30 sec? time out after using it to indicate a lane switch i.e. no right angle turn. Right signal switch not quite as bad. Looked in old threads back to ~ 2013 - 14 and this seemed relatively common on certain RTs?? Others with F3Ts having issues??? Any "quick" fixes (maybe a shot of silicone spray?) or is this a dealer issue??
    Tx as always

Spyder Garage

I always cancel them manually by pushing straight in on the button.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Lubricating the switch is for switches that are actually sticking in one direction. You can actually see this by looking at the switch when stuck. That does not seem to match your description. So look at the switch when it does not turn off after a turn to make sure if that is your issue. Sounds more like maybe the steering angle sensor needs to be recalibrated. If it is consistently only a left turn issue.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

firefly...that's what i'm left with doing now but being a bit clumsy, i'll inadvertently nudge the signal to the right instead of straight down and now i have a right signal going...must be confusing for cagers watching me and waiting to come into the intersection

billy...thinking that as well. doesn't seem like the switch is "stuck" to the left per se so i was skeptical about the silicone anyway...

thanks both of you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Don't know if this helps

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJ999 View Post
    Have a 2016 F3T and I'm having turn signal issues. Left won't turn off after a left-hand corner turn and handle bars are returned to straight. Also seems to stay on way longer than the 30 sec? time out after using it to indicate a lane switch i.e. no right angle turn. Right signal switch not quite as bad. Looked in old threads back to ~ 2013 - 14 and this seemed relatively common on certain RTs?? Others with F3Ts having issues??? Any "quick" fixes (maybe a shot of silicone spray?) or is this a dealer issue??
    Tx as always
    I too have a 2016 F3T, but do not have any of the issues you describe. I would take it to the dealer for warranty work. I do have to say my blinker controls (turning off after a turn or by hitting the button) is a great improvement over my 12 or 14 RT.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default Blinkers are supposed to shut off?

I have a 2016 F3 Limited. If I make a fairly hard turn the blinker shuts off but if I just change lanes or whatever I manually turn it off. I sometimes am not successful. I ordered the Lamonster longhorn lights so it's more apparent to me when the signals are on and need to be manually turned off. But they aren't installed yet. Might be getting back to doing mods this weekend. I'm in Central Ohio so if you are within 100 miles and hear cussing, that's my boyfriend.
    2016 F3 Limited
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Spyderpops lighted bumpskid
    Lamonster LED headlights

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

-Maria Robinson

Spyder Garage

My 2010 RT was like that. I just got used to hand cancelling the signals. And yes, the early attempts sometimes caused the signal on the other side to be activated. I guess I was all thumbs.

Have not had any issues with the 2011 or 2014 RT's. The new Vulcan does not self cancel, so I am back to manual again when riding it.

I do know there are some sensors that are supposed to self-activate the cancel. I would recommend having your dealer give them a look.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMarie View Post
    I have a 2016 F3 Limited. If I make a fairly hard turn the blinker shuts off but if I just change lanes or whatever I manually turn it off. I sometimes am not successful. I ordered the Lamonster longhorn lights so it's more apparent to me when the signals are on and need to be manually turned off. But they aren't installed yet. Might be getting back to doing mods this weekend. I'm in Central Ohio so if you are within 100 miles and hear cussing, that's my boyfriend.
    Blinkers for lane changes???

I guess I should have been more accurate. I do manually cancel the blinker on lane changes, but I have to for my cage too.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default turn signals

push your thumb into the first knukle and then push botton down.this will prevent you from pushing the switch sideways.try it , you might like it.if i could draw you a pitcher it would explain it better.

Spyder Garage

Maybe this is just a matter of using different words for the same thing but my turn signal button goes in not down to cancel

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Ha! How many times have you beeped the horn when reaching to cancel the signals???? Too many I bet. With the "gee I'm sorry to bother you but beep" stinko OEM horn that's not a great sin. But with my triple set it's a BIG BEEPING error!! Details here: >CLICK ME<

gl-horns.jpg
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 07-07-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Ha! How many times have you beeped the horn when reaching to cancel the signals???? Too many I bet. With the "gee I'm sorry to bother you but beep" stinko OEM horn that's not a great sin. But with my triple set it's a BIG BEEPING error!! Details here: >CLICK ME<

gl-horns.jpg
    Honking the horns do not release the parking brake either.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    True enough!
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    I know that, at least in my mind, but for some strange reason, my body insists on keeping on trying, again & again!!

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Ha! How many times have you beeped the horn when reaching to cancel the signals???? Too many I bet.

When I do that my wife waves, so it looks like I meant to do it! She's always taking care of me!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Default horn

yep,in it is

Spyder Garage

Cool Turn signals can auto-cancel!

I had the same exact problem with my 2016 F3 Limited. Purchasing dealer's service group could not figure it out - decided to try another dealer. My current dealer's tech fixed it right up for me by calibrating the SAS. What a difference a good tech makes... Definitely fixable! This issue drove me nuts as my first '09 RS and my '10 RT both auto-cancelled fine.