Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    I actually ordered some 3 inch circles from wrap my Spyder that I will place under the suction cups. They were going to make them out of 8 mil clear wrap material . I think this rack is going to be exactly what I want as I will only need it 2-3 year for the rallies that the wife and I hit.
    In our recent Spyderfest trip, the wife wanted to bring more shoes

I will get a waterproof duffle bag to place on top of the rack. That would add a couple more days easily. When I'm home the rack will come off - best of both worlds. This should tie me over till I get a trailer to pull
    Sounds like a good plan.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I actually ordered some 3 inch circles from wrap my Spyder that I will place under the suction cups. They were going to make them out of 8 mil clear wrap material . I think this rack is going to be exactly what I want as I will only need it 2-3 year for the rallies that the wife and I hit.
    In our recent Spyderfest trip, the wife wanted to bring more shoes

I will get a waterproof duffle bag to place on top of the rack. That would add a couple more days easily. When I'm home the rack will come off - best of both worlds. This should tie me over till I get a trailer to pull
    Those 3" wrap circles should work just fine with the suction cups. Think I'll check with the local wrapper who did mine and see about getting them cut to include in the kit. Thanks for the idea.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Default GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Those 3" wrap circles should work just fine with the suction cups. Think I'll check with the local wrapper who did mine and see about getting them cut to include in the kit. Thanks for the idea.
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    I'll post pics as soon I get everything ....

John, sounds like a good plan........... Does that mean I get a free t shirt ??

Seriously
    I love this forum where we can talk and hash stuff out.....its great

Pictures coming next week

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

I really don't think it will matter what is between the rack and the Painted surface, eventually it will become scratched. The vibration our bikes ( or anything else driving the roads) have and something not bolted/screwed to the surface wil have some slight movement, no matter how tight the strap is. Just my opinion from my own use of the rack being talked about.

Kent
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.

Spyder Garage

I put some small rubber bumpers over the heads of the screws that hold the suction cups on, all I can say is so far so good.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'll post pics as soon I get everything ....

John, sounds like a good plan........... Does that mean I get a free t shirt ??

Seriously
    I love this forum where we can talk and hash stuff out.....its great

Pictures coming next week
    Thanks Kredab, I think we would all like to see what you came up with. I never stop trying to improve my Seal Products, and suggestions like yours (and others) are taken seriously.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Jon, have you "rounded" the corners on your latest versions?

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Thanks Kredab, I think we would all like to see what you came up with. I never stop trying to improve my Seal Products, and suggestions like yours (and others) are taken seriously.
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.

Spyder Garage

Default Custom Dynamics Brake Light

Will your rack interfere with its visibility ? Thanks
    Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire34 View Post
    Will your rack interfere with its visibility ? Thanks
    Dave

Mine does not! one of the reasons I chose this rack.

Kent
    Ride Safe All

Spyder Garage

Default I bought a Rivco

I didn't know about the one from Seal, so I can't compare. I did buy the rear rack made by
    Rivco sold by Value Accessories. I did have to drill 4 holes to mount it, so It's permanent.
    I bought it so I could mount my walker to it to take it to Spyderfest. It worked very well.
    I have the 2014 RT-S in pearl white so I bought the black one. It's beautiful but the stock
    gas cylinder that holds the trunk lid up sometimes won't hold it up.
    I ordered this rack on a Tuesday and it was on my doorstep Thursday morning.
    I am very happy with this rack. Very well made and will last for as long as I can ride.
    Rivco has an install video and comes with a template, even I can't foul this install up.
    It's $199.95
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    I know Seal makes good products.
    I am only looking for opinions, observations, pros and cons, about the Rear Tote Rack,
    from owners who have used this product. Seeking info to help with my buying decision.