Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Seal Rear Tote Rack

I know Seal makes good products.
    I am only looking for opinions, observations, pros and cons, about the Rear Tote Rack,
    from owners who have used this product. Seeking info to help with my buying decision.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

I guess he hasn't sold any, doesn't speak well for the product. Hard to believe. 79 views and nobody has anything to say, that disappoints me. Maybe that's the reason for the sale price.
    Ed

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6

Spyder Garage

don't know the product, can you post a link ?
    Thanx
    Ray

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

I don't have one but at the Red Rock event in Utah I did see them and handle them. They are good quality and easy to install and remove. Unfortunately I have an RS with my own carrier design. They did sell quite a few...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage
    Ed

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6

Spyder Garage

thanx

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    I guess he hasn't sold any, doesn't speak well for the product. Hard to believe. 79 views and nobody has anything to say, that disappoints me. Maybe that's the reason for the sale price.
    Hi,
    This is a new product. I introduced it at Red Rock last Sept. and sold out. Doubled up for Spyderfest and nearly sold out again. Word of mouth takes time and not all Spyder owners are Spyderllovers.com members. Most who follow Spyder Lovers are lurkers who read but do not get involved.

I think this is the best product I have designed since I designed the Seal Floorboard in 2010. I also have a 30 day refund on all Seal Products. Why not be one of the first to post a review on Spyderlovers.ciom.
    John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Hi,
    This is a new product. I introduced it at Red Rock last Sept. and sold out. Doubled up for Spyderfest and nearly sold out again. Word of mouth takes time and not all Spyder owners are Spyderllovers.com members. Most who follow Spyder Lovers are lurkers who read but do not get involved.

I think this is the best product I have designed since I designed the Seal Floorboard in 2010. I also have a 30 day refund on all Seal Products. Why not be one of the first to post a review on Spyderlovers.ciom.
    John
    John, as expected you think it's a great product no surprise. I just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts after using it. I have one question that comes to mind. Can the trunk lid be easily raised while it''s installed and/or loaded up? I do realize that other factors might come into play, like what/who do you have on the passenger seat, but this looks exactly what I'm looking for. It looks like it would fit the carry bag for my CPAP machine perfectly. I only make one or two trips a year and usually have to fit the pieces in where ever I can find a hole. But it also looks like a good way to carry a chair to my granddaughters lacrosse, soccer, and softball games, also football games (one of the 11 is a cheerleader). If you put it across the seat it blocks the mirrors.

Thanks
    Ed

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6

Spyder Garage

Ok, I just ordered one. I hope it is all I think it will be. I have no question about quality, just usage.
    Ed

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    don't know the product, can you post a link ?
    Thanx
    Ray
    sealfloorboards.com . I'm a longtime verdor on Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

sealfloorboards.com . I'm a longtime verdor on Spyderlovers
    Thanks. I found it a few days ago. Unfortunately, I do not have a hitch, and so was looking for a rack that doesn't need one.

Ray

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

He,
    I just got your order, thanks. The trunk lid will stay open with the Tote on. Probably not with a load on the Rack.
    Just a reminder to all you other Spyder Lovers out there, The sale ends the end the end of the Month. Thanks to those you who have ordered. That's the way word gets out to others,

John

Spyder Garage

I received my order yesterday. My first impression was "damn this is heavy" I believe the platform could be made of a smaller gauge metal and still be strong enough. second was, there are no install instructions, although I'm not sure any are needed. My Spyder is in the shop right now so I need to wait until I get it back to actually install it. I'll let you know how that goes.
    Ed

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6

Spyder Garage

I received my order yesterday. My first impression was "damn this is heavy" I believe the platform could be made of a smaller gauge metal and still be strong enough. second was, there are no install instructions, although I'm not sure any are needed. My Spyder is in the shop right now so I need to wait until I get it back to actually install it. I'll let you know how that goes.
    Okay John, I finally got my Spyder out of the shop and my initial impression has not changed. I found it easy to install, but still would have liked a short blurb on how to install just to make sure I did it correctly. Damn this thing is heavy, I don't believe it needs to be this heavy, You have to actually to lift the trunk lid to it's full position before it stays up, even with no load. I know you shouldn't carry a lot of weight on it anyway, but if the rack itself wasn't so heavy maybe you could carry a little more. I also think that the holes for hooks could be a little closer to the edge of the metal, because when the bends in the lip were made it distorted the holes a little.

I like the way it looks.
    I like that is easy on/off.
    It is well built (maybe over built)
    Will it carry what I want it to - YES
    Will I use it - YES
    Am I glad I bought it - YES

Overall it's a good product and a great idea.
    Ed

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6

Spyder Garage

Okay John, I finally got my Spyder out of the shop and my initial impression has not changed. I found it easy to install, but still would have liked a short blurb on how to install just to make sure I did it correctly. Damn this thing is heavy, I don't believe it needs to be this heavy, You have to actually to lift the trunk lid to it's full position before it stays up, even with no load. I know you shouldn't carry a lot of weight on it anyway, but if the rack itself wasn't so heavy maybe you could carry a little more. I also think that the holes for hooks could be a little closer to the edge of the metal, because when the bends in the lip were made it distorted the holes a little.

I like the way it looks.
    I like that is easy on/off.
    It is well built (maybe over built)
    Will it carry what I want it to - YES
    Will I use it - YES

Am I glad I bought it - YES

Overall it's a good product and a great idea.
    Hi, yes I do need a mounting blurb.. When I first designed it, it was to be a DIYS kit, but three pages of instructions just seemed too much so we pre assemble it and I forgot that a short blurb on how to mount it on your Spyder might be needed. I will include one in all future orders, Thanks for pointing that out.
    The is the third batch I've run and each has been a lighter gauge steel. I'll look again at the next batch but I don't want any chance of the platform bending. Enjoy your Rear Tote Rack. Use it when needed and maybe remove it when not needed. As you know, it's a very quick and easy process.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

John I just thought I would give you an update. In September of last year I traded my 2012 RT-S for a 2017 RT-S an I added a second strut to the right side of my trunk lid so now I have one on each side. Now it is not as hard to lift the lid with your rack installed. The parts are the same as the parts for the left side you just install them bassackwards. I got the parts from cheap cycle parts they cost me around $60 I think. I still use the rack and like it.
    Ed

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Ordered

John I just thought I would give you an update. In September of last year I traded my 2012 RT-S for a 2017 RT-S an I added a second strut to the right side of my trunk lid so now I have one on each side. Now it is not as hard to lift the lid with your rack installed. The parts are the same as the parts for the left side you just install them bassackwards. I got the parts from cheap cycle parts they cost me around $60 I think. I still use the rack and like it.
    I ordered th rear tote today, I will report back about. The reason I ordered this week is I don't want a rack all the time but it will come in handy. I also ordered the parts to add the 2nd gas strut on it.

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    I ordered th rear tote today, I will report back about. The reason I ordered this week is I don't want a rack all the time but it will come in handy. I also ordered the parts to add the 2nd gas strut on it.
    Thanks for your order Kredab. Your order will be going out today or tomorrow.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

I have one that I bought when he introduced them at the Rod Rocks Rally in Utah. I made some miner changes to mine like rounding the corners, other than that it is an awesome top rack, nice and sturdy. With that being said, I have ware marks on my top case lid where the suction cups ride. It has wore down to the "Black" plastic. Now mind you I remove this rack about once a week to clean my bike, this is where this rack shines, but it still "scared" the finish. Would I buy this rack again? You bet I would!
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.

Spyder Garage

Default ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by remark2013 View Post
    I have one that I bought when he introduced them at the Rod Rocks Rally in Utah. I made some miner changes to mine like rounding the corners, other than that it is an awesome top rack, nice and sturdy. With that being said, I have ware marks on my top case lid where the suction cups ride. It has wore down to the "Black" plastic. Now mind you I remove this rack about once a week to clean my bike, this is where this rack shines, but it still "scared" the finish. Would I buy this rack again? You bet I would!
    Thanks for the post , how about a circle of clear protective wrap ? Or maybe I will contact wrap my Spyder to make me pearl white 2 inch circles , even if you switched them out ? I plan on using my rack , like 2-3 times a year ..... thoughts ? Can someone tell me how big the suction cups are ? And I will email Wrap my Spyder

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    Spyder Pockets
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Default Thsird Brake Light

We just installed custom dynamics third brake light will it interfere with it Thanks
    Dave

Hi,

John

Spyder Garage

The Rack will not interfere with the third Brake Light, I have one on my bike as well.
    Kredab, I'm guessing the Suction Cups are about 2" in diameter. I too added a second strut to the top case lid, that way I don't have to worry as much about the lid coming down on the Wife's head while she is digging for her purse or brush! Ask me how I know!

Kent
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by remark2013 View Post
    It's important that the tie-down is tight. this keeps anything from moving and possibly scuffing the surface. BTW, I have my Spyder wrapped, including the trunk. The suction cups work great on a wrap.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's important that the tie-down is tight. this keeps anything from moving and possibly scuffing the surface. BTW, I have my Spyder wrapped, including the trunk. The suction cups work great on a wrap. Ride in comfort, John
    That's one of the concerns I have with your design. Have you considered using a felt type pad instead of suction cups? Just wondering.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default best of both worlds

I actually ordered some 3 inch circles from wrap my Spyder that I will place under the suction cups. They were going to make them out of 8 mil clear wrap material . I think this rack is going to be exactly what I want as I will only need it 2-3 year for the rallies that the wife and I hit.
    In our recent Spyderfest trip, the wife wanted to bring more shoes

I will get a waterproof duffle bag to place on top of the rack. That would add a couple more days easily. When I'm home the rack will come off - best of both worlds. This should tie me over till I get a trailer to pull

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    Spyder Pockets
    Custom Back off mudflap