Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 jerks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post
    Plain as day... if the rider just went on his way, no accident. His fault completely.
    You are correct of course but I fully understand his frustration. What isn't shown on the video is the car cutting off the bike as he moved into the HOV lane. This is a frequent occurrence on freeways as drivers often don't bother to look for bikes. I'm also guessing the car didn't use their signals either and further infuriated the biker. In any event the biker didn't use good judgement in kicking the car as he could well have suffered fatal injuries when the driver swerved into him.

I used to use a different technique. I kept a small number of "steelies" (what we used to call ball bearing marbles) in my riding jacket and if someone would tailgate or drive in an aggressive manner around me I'd simply flip one over my shoulder as I hit the gas. It always worked to back them off although I never hung around to find out. I wouldn't try that with the Spyder though - not enough accelleration and/or handling to get away. In my old age I have found defensive driving to be the better method. Simply don't put myself in a position for some dumb cluck to run me over. And treat all cage drivers as the idiots most of them are.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's best to not provoke the idiots...
    Or the morons either!

What you need: situational awareness!

Situational Awareness.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

that they were both jerks. But my question is is why was the car going into the HOV lane? There was just the driver in the car.

Best to just back off & call the cops complaining about an aggressive driver. Dash cams come in very handy for this.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

2 egos, no winners

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

HEY HEY, someone cut off the guy on the bike, he could have gone down initially. the biker was pissed maybe because the car didn't wave
    to apologize we don't know. yea the bike kicked him to let him know but then the car tried to kill him by running him into the wall.

think of it this way for the gun guys out there: someone tries to rob you, your gun is on the bike or in your car, he takes your wallet then runs away, are you going to go get your gun & try to chase him down or just call the police. if you are going for your gun then what do
    you think might happen?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    that they were both jerks. But my question is is why was the car going into the HOV lane? There was just the driver in the car.

Best to just back off & call the cops complaining about an aggressive driver. Dash cams come in very handy for this.
    In CA, as here, it is legal to drive in the HOV lane during certain hours of the day/night (other than designated rush hours).

As for your second comment.....that old adage that cops are never close by when you need one. Complaining about an aggressive driver (unless there were multiple 911 calls) would not be pursued because of lack of resources. Too many idiot drivers. Not enough LEO's. We've had circumstances here where dash cam's have video'd the perps and sent to the cops but because it was not witnessed by an LEO nothing was done. And, it is very difficult to ID a specific driver when only the back of his/her head is recorded.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    think of it this way for the gun guys out there: someone tries to rob you, your gun is on the bike or in your car, he takes your wallet then runs away, are you going to go get your gun & try to chase him down or just call the police. if you are going for your gun then what do you think might happen?
    I think that I would feel heartfelt sympathy for that loser's surviving family members...
    "Situational awareness" means NOT getting caught bu surprise!

Spyder Garage

if he robbed me and took off, i would try to get his plate number and call the cops, once he leaves, the threat to me is over, so i have no right to shoot him
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

HEY HEY, someone cut off the guy on the bike, he could have gone down initially. the biker was pissed maybe because the car didn't wave
    to apologize we don't know. yea the bike kicked him to let him know but then the car tried to kill him by running him into the wall.

think of it this way for the gun guys out there: someone tries to rob you, your gun is on the bike or in your car, he takes your wallet then runs away, are you going to go get your gun & try to chase him down or just call the police. if you are going for your gun then what do
    you think might happen?

So what. After the initial incident, Both were going down the road straight as a arrow for quite a distance. The rider should have backed off. PERIOD.

Instead he chose to attack the driver. He caused the accident. I hope he fries...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Instead he chose to attack the driver. He caused the accident. I hope he fries...
    Tough to say who caused the accident.

The kick could have surprised the cage driver and he jerked the wheel. Unlikely though as most bikes would make enough noise the cage driver could not have ignored its presence.

Or, the cage driver could have road raged on his own and tried crashing the bike. This would be my choice. He obviously over corrected and took himself into the center barrier.

The only person I feel sorry for here is the pickup driver who was completely innocent.

Odds are that biker will never be found.

BTW, are cage drivers in NOO YAWK still backing down off ramps?

Spyder Garage

Doesn't matter if the kick surprised the driver or not. Fact is if the rider would have kept his cool, and backed off, it wouldn't have happened.

As far as backing down off ramps.... Yes spotted a driver doing just that the other day. But I'm sure other states aren't immune to the same crap. We just might have more idiots...

Spyder Garage

I had to back down the entrance ramp, I missed my exit and it was quicker then makeing a u-turn on 87

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Doesn't matter if the kick surprised the driver or not. Fact is if the rider would have kept his cool, and backed off, it wouldn't have happened.

As far as backing down off ramps.... Yes spotted a driver doing just that the other day. But I'm sure other states aren't immune to the same crap. We just might have more idiots...
    yes "and if woody had gone to the police this would have never happened". don't blame the biker alone when he is the one who was
    said to have been cut off. he was part of it but not the origin.
    i blame dmv, they give a license to anyone citizen or not, illegal or not, reads or speaks english or not.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    Tough to say who caused the accident.
    No it is NOT.

Absolutely, positively the bike rider is the immediate cause of the crash.

Regardless of what happened before, it does NOT give him license to do something dangerous and illegal.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

when he is the one who was said to have been cut off.
    The problem with that IS......

WAY too many people think that once they decide to move into an open space, they think that by some magic of telepathy every other driver in the vicinity is supposed to know that. It often is total BS because everybody has equal rights to that space until it is occupied. A driver who uses his signal and the moves over into a space in another lane has not "cut off" the guy who is charging along at 20 over and ignores the lane change signal.

Often the one who claims to be "cut off" really is the one at fault.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    No it is NOT.

Regardless of what happened before, it does NOT give him license to do something dangerous and illegal.
    Actually, there's a pretty good case to argue that whatever the motorcyclist did, from what we've seen he DID NOT at any time use or attempt to use his vehicle as a weapon & therefore is arguably NOT the 'cause of the collision'.... & I reckon that most courts &/or juries would have a hard time justifying comparing a person kicking out at a a car as being anywhere near an 'assault with a deadly weapon', while a driver using their vehicle to attempt to run another road user, on a motorcycle or anything else, into the concrete divider IS such an assault!! Just sayin'

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    No it is NOT.

Exactly...

Anyone who thinks he was justified in attacking the car is just as crazy as he was.

And like I mentioned before, the POS never stopped. Im hope the cops caught up to him. Love to know the rest of the story..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Train Wreck.jpg

Nobody in here has enough facts to argue this situation any further...

Spyder Garage

"THEY" are out there. Be careful.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Intentionally trying to hit a motorcycle with your car is attempted murder.
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

If that was a requirement for posting in places like this.......about 80% of the content would immediately disappear.

Spyder Garage

Train Wreck.jpg

The person who videotaped this was interviewed by the LA Times.

here is that article
    "In an interview with The Times on Friday, Chris Traber, 47, of Santa Clarita, said both men appeared to play a role in the harrowing incident.It was about 5:45 a.m. Wednesday when Traber was in the passenger seat of his coworker’s car as they drove to work at a utility company in Burbank. They were headed southbound on the 14 Freeway, and driving in the No. 1 lane, when the man on a Harley Davidson-type motorcycle passed them on the left, riding close to the double-yellow lines that separate the general traffic lanes from the HOV lanes.
    About 150 feet ahead was a Nissan sedan driving in the HOV lane, Traber said. Just as the motorcyclist was passing the sedan on the right-hand side, the sedan tried to exit the carpool lane and enter the No. 1 lane. That’s when the car bumped the bike.
    “I’m sure he didn’t see the motorcyclist,” Traber said of the driver. “He scared the living daylights out of the motorcyclist. He almost went down. That guy can really handle his bike.”

Traber said that after the motorcyclist regained control, he pulled up to the car’s passenger door and began gesturing at the driver. Traber said he appeared to be saying something too, but Traber couldn’t hear him. He said he figured the biker was “saying something like, hey, you almost hit me! Watch out!”
    Traber said it looked as though the driver was yelling something back at the biker, and that it didn’t help matters, because that’s when the motorcyclist started kicking the passenger door.
    “I said, ‘Wow, man, something’s going to happen. I gotta get this,’” Traber said. “So I grab my phone and started recording.”
    The motorcyclist then swooped behind the sedan, pulled up along the driver side and kicked the car again, Traber said. In a flash, the driver of the sedan swerved hard left and sideswiped the motorcyclist, almost sending him barreling into a concrete freeway divider, he said.
    “As you can see, he lost control after doing that,” Traber said of the driver.
    The video captured the chaos that ensued. After bumping the motorcyclist, the car swerved right, and then left, and collided with the concrete divider in a shower of sparks and flame. The car then ricocheted off the divider, veered across the freeway and slammed into a Cadillac truck, flipping it over onto its roof.
    The motorcyclist, meanwhile, had slowed down and managed to avoid the bumper, glass and debris from the sedan’s crash and rode off. Traber said he and his coworker, along with a handful of other drivers, stopped to help.
    Bystanders pulled the truck’s driver, an elderly man, out of the truck and helped him to the side of the freeway, Traber said. The driver of the sedan was apologizing to the man profusely, he said. The driver of the truck was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries, the CHP said.
    The CHP is handling the investigation and did not cite the driver of the sedan. Investigators need to interview the motorcyclist to get the whole story before any decisions are made, officials said. The case is now considered a hit-and-run.
    Traber said he does not know how the video ended up online. He said he sent it to his family and a few coworkers, and that it served as a lesson.
    “I think the fault was just both parties letting their emotions get the best of them,” Traber said. “This is what happens when you lose control.”

Spyder Garage

Train Wreck.jpg

Sorry Bob, but going by the facts we do have, the MC rider is a .

Spyder Garage

I think the title of this thread says is all.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry Bob, but going by the facts we do have, the MC rider is a .
    Now that T.B. has given us something work with: I fully agree with you!

But if stupid was water: they could BOTH flood the Planet!