Spyder Garage

Default FELL MUCH BETTER NOW!!

Awhile ago I posted a thread "MY FIRST PROBLEM!!" Well I decided to spend another $50 bucks and took my machine back to the dealer that I bought it from and had them hook it up to BUDS and guess what?? Not one code was logged into memory, nothing, zip. All the tech noticed was that my VIN# had 3 updates that were not installed (ECM,VCM (anti-skid), and shift points). So it appears I'm going to save ourselves $2500.00 and I can knock that monkey off my back when we are out on the road. Now I have to get the first dealer to refund us about $60.00 since my machine was still under warranty and it should of only cost me $50.00 instead of $113.00. A shout out to BRP for responding to my sort of "nasty" E-mails about their recreational products and I had to eat my words and apologized numerous times. To get me off their back, they promised me some patches and pins from their homecoming. Gotta be happy about that!

Mike M.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that it's all going to work out well for you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A solution found is always a good ending. And thanks for posting about it. Many people make a complaint and we never hear from them again. We are usually left hanging as to the outcome.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A solution found is always a good ending. And thanks for posting about it. Many people make a complaint and we never hear from them again. We are usually left hanging as to the outcome.

Just trying to do my part for humanities sake! Lesson learned to always get a second opinion!!! Might save lots of money in the long run.
    Mike M.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YOUR ISSUES WITH YOUR SPYDER

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    Awhile ago I posted a thread "MY FIRST PROBLEM!!" Well I decided to spend another $50 bucks and took my machine back to the dealer that I bought it from and had them hook it up to BUDS and guess what?? Not one code was logged into memory, nothing, zip. All the tech noticed was that my VIN# had 3 updates that were not installed (ECM,VCM (anti-skid), and shift points). So it appears I'm going to save ourselves $2500.00 and I can knock that monkey off my back when we are out on the road. Now I have to get the first dealer to refund us about $60.00 since my machine was still under warranty and it should of only cost me $50.00 instead of $113.00. A shout out to BRP for responding to my sort of "nasty" E-mails about their recreational products and I had to eat my words and apologized numerous times. To get me off their back, they promised me some patches and pins from their homecoming. Gotta be happy about that!

Mike M.
    After reading the above , I went back and read your other posts about this issue ....... If anything gets "logged " into a computer, BRP's or any other computer, it's there permanently..... PERIOD .... It can't be re-moved accidently or even re-moved on purpose ( like deleted or cleared )..... it can be destroyed ie BLEACH-BIT ( ala Hiliary Clinton ), but anyone who tells you it isn't there ....just can't find it ---- but it's there...... The BRP techs at the factory can find them and can assist the dealer techs in finding them if they contact BRP ..... This is a fact - I know because I went through the process ..... Mike

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    All the tech noticed was that my VIN# had 3 updates that were not installed (ECM,VCM (anti-skid), and shift points).
    Is there a way to look up your VIN# and see if you have updates that need to be done to you bike or are you limited to taking it in to the dealer?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default I think so

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Is there a way to look up your VIN# and see if you have updates that need to be done to you bike or are you limited to taking it in to the dealer?
    I think you can to to BRP's web site and enter it there.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks....

It is always nice to get to read a follow up on situations here. Too many time we never hear the end result mostly if it is a good one and even less if one has to admit to an error... glad things worked out for you....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I found a spot to check for recalls but that is it.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    After reading the above , I went back and read your other posts about this issue ....... If anything gets "logged " into a computer, BRP's or any other computer, it's there permanently..... PERIOD .... It can't be re-moved accidently or even re-moved on purpose ( like deleted or cleared )..... it can be destroyed ie BLEACH-BIT ( ala Hiliary Clinton ), but anyone who tells you it isn't there ....just can't find it ---- but it's there...... The BRP techs at the factory can find them and can assist the dealer techs in finding them if they contact BRP ..... This is a fact - I know because I went through the process ..... Mike
    What I thought was that could they had BUDS hooked up to a previous machine and had IT'S codes/issues stored in memory and it possibly showed up in the printout of mine??? Don't really know because I'm not a computer geek, I'm a old school mechanic type(70's-90's dirt bikes, street bikes, snowmobiles,4x4 trucks & jeeps, boats). Still am glad I have a clean bill of health with our Spyder, OH! BTW the tech. even made the comment that our Spyder had "quite a few miles on it" Really, 17,000 MILES!!! Mike M.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Updates were done. Had 3{ECM, Anti-lock brake sys. & trans. shift points). So all is GTG now. Mike M.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    It is always nice to get to read a follow up on situations here. Too many time we never hear the end result mostly if it is a good one and even less if one has to admit to an error... glad things worked out for you....
    That's because I feel I am a "straight-up" kind of guy. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong but I will stand toe to toe with anyone when I feel I'm right. Hate to admit it but I PISS** off a few O's in my military career(hence the nickname "MAD MAC") but we turned out to be pretty good "Drink'n Buddies" when we were out in the system, and sooner or later we were all out in the system/mission together. I will always try and report back when I have an issue. Mike M.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I believe the site you mention refers to checking for safety recalls.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S