Spyder Garage

Default Code U0155 After Battery Change?

Ready to go out for ride after changing battery a few days ago-Amazon Battery WAS factory replacement because it had NO BS code at the end.
    Well I start it and Check Engine- Code U0155- ( Can Bus related From online manual I have)
    Go for ride on F3 instead and come home and roll out the 2012 RT with the changed battery and start it up again and go back and forth for about 10-15 minutes and through a Fan cycle and NO Code at ALL.. Could it be the battery change that caused it to throw the code because it had been disconnected for about a week before the battery came? Nothing else changed and the cables were attached in "Exactly" the same way?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Funny I read someone else had the problem after resetting the clock date and It happened just after I reset the time because the battery had been out a week?

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Reason for Errant Code

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Funny I read someone else had the problem after resetting the clock date and It happened just after I reset the time because the battery had been out a week?
    I got this code once, as I was setting my clock. The was in neutral and I had let me foot drift off the brake. Spyder threw the U0155 code .... I think the bike must have moved (though I did not notice that it did). Never saw it after the one incident, and nothing seemed wrong with the spyder. An odd code to throw .... but, think about what you were doing -- was your foot on the brake as you were setting the time? If not, quite likely the moved and you just didn't notice (but IT did). Remember, you can't get to any of the settings as you are rolling down the road ... so, clearly, the spyder does not like moving when in settings.

Regards ..... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    I got this code once, as I was setting my clock. The was in neutral and I had let me foot drift off the brake. Spyder threw the U0155 code .... I think the bike must have moved (though I did not notice that it did). Never saw it after the one incident, and nothing seemed wrong with the spyder. An odd code to throw .... but, think about what you were doing -- was your foot on the brake as you were setting the time? If not, quite likely the moved and you just didn't notice (but IT did). Remember, you can't get to any of the settings as you are rolling down the road ... so, clearly, the spyder does not like moving when in settings.

Regards ..... Ann
    I was sitting on it -idling motor-while changing time and No emergency brake so it may have moved?

Spyder Garage

One of the Canbus modules did not speak up when it was suppose to. If it is just a one off. I would not worry about it. If it becomes regular occurrence, then possibly a damaged Canbus wire somewhere.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post

Regards ..... Ann
    Thanks Ann! I decided to try and induce the fault myself today since it was tooo humid to do anything else.
    Started in neutral -Put brake on- slope of driveway- Started to adjust time and let foot off brake so it started to roll slowly- Brake on -adjust time some more and let off brake so it rolls a couple more feet? Still in neutral and No Code or Check engine? Put Bike into GEAR and" voila" -Check engine light on and same code as before!~
    Shut off went into house for a few minutes stated it up-NO code showing and went for a 20 minute local ride. No Problem!!!
    Great Forum we have here-People come and go- But you can always count on Help from the people here! Thanks