Spyder Garage

Default Apkrapovic on older RT's

Does anyone know if the Akrapovic exhaust will fit the older RT's? I found some online at a great price but they list them for 2013 RT's and 2013-2015 RS and STS.

Wasn't sure if the design was a little different between the model years or not.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While the 2013 RT has the right engine: the frame has been changed. I'd be really cautious about buying it; before trying it.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I called Pitbull today and they said the same thing about the frame. They can't confirm on deny whether the kits would fit 100%.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's my recollection that there were only two Akrapovic mufflers for the V-Twin - and they fit them all. Mine was listed as 2013 RT and older and fit like a glove on my 2012. The BRP part numbers were / are 219400443 and 444. Yes, I agree that there are discrepancies with the listings around the net. But if it's one of those two part numbers, it will fit. Here's two that note they are for 2013 and older:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-AKRAP...9U0kBe&vxp=mtr

https://www.amazon.com/Can-Am-219400.../dp/B00ARC4DL8

I just found an old paper accessory catalog that listed those two Akropovic part numbers as 2013 RT and prior, also.

And all four years of V-Twin RTs take the same OEM muffler part number - 707601385.

So, if it says 2013, it should fit older. Of course, do more research on your own to feel confident, but I think you're good to go.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 06-21-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    It's my recollection that there were only two Akrapovic mufflers for the V-Twin - and they fit them all. Mine was listed as 2013 RT and older and fit like a glove on my 2012. The BRP part numbers were / are 219400443 and 444. Yes, I agree that there are discrepancies with the listings around the net. But if it's one of those two part numbers, it will fit. Here's two that note they are for 2013 and older:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-AKRAP...9U0kBe&vxp=mtr

https://www.amazon.com/Can-Am-219400.../dp/B00ARC4DL8

I just found an old paper accessory catalog that listed those two Akropovic part numbers as 2013 RT and prior, also.

And all four years of V-Twin RTs take the same OEM muffler part number - 707601385.

So, if it says 2013, it should fit older. Of course, do more research on your own to feel confident, but I think you're good to go.
    Thanks for the info. I was looking at the sport model, 219400444 I think. I figured they would fit but hated to buy and have issues.

I bought a Two Bros from a member here anyway so that should get my bikes sound right. But if anyone is wanting a Akrapovic cheap, LeadersRPM has models, 219400443 and 219400444, on sale for $299 with free shipping. They say they fit 2013 RT and 2013-2015 RS and GS models.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, that's a great price. I guess I got a little long winded. Sorry. I just should have said I got the 443 on and it fit perfect. Just wanted to add a little confirmatory info. Glad you found what you wanted.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

The listed Akropovic for 2013 RT's should fiit any of the earlier RT's, AND the 2013/15 RSS/ST's. However, the listed Akropivics for the earlier RSS/ST's DEFINITELY DO NOT fit the RT's as a direct bolt-on..... ask me how I know this?!?

But I reckon if you wanted to faff around making up a bracket extender &/or elongated support & spacer for the earlier RSS/ST muffler to hold it in the right position & clear all the parking brake gear on your 2013 RT, then you could probably make it fit an RT; but then you'd still hafta worry about the hot exhaust gasses coming out of the shorter/closer held muffler directly onto the bottom of the RT's RHS Pannier base! And once the pannier bottom is melted, there's not much short of a replacement that will fix it properly!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-21-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Well, that's a great price. I guess I got a little long winded. Sorry. I just should have said I got the 443 on and it fit perfect. Just wanted to add a little confirmatory info. Glad you found what you wanted.
    You got a PM..Cheers