Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I have the magic mirrors on my bike for a few months now with no problems at all. I think they are the best thing I have added to the bike bar none sure beats the heck out of smashing the mirrors off. A great product that I would recommend to anyone.
    2015 RT SE6 LIMITED, Black
    Tri Axis Handlebar,
    Ultimate Mid Rider Seat with Fuel Door
    F4 Wide Tinted Windshield, with Vent
    Tric Led Mirror Signals
    Stebel Nautilus Compact Twin Air Horn

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default IT WORKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post
    Lamonster mentioned this when we visited him in Springfield. I already had mine mounted with no issues at all.

He stated if that happens, just take the magnet off and flip it (reverse it - so that the other side points towards the inside of the bike).....That's what I heard and understood - hope it helps. Again, I've had mine on for 2 months now with no issues.
    Same problem here....temp gauge did not work.....reversed and temp gauge worked but in opposite direction....reversed back only on one of the magnets and bingo, works perfectly....I also mounted the magnets only on the bottom and kept the original hook on at the top....Very happy with it.....sweet riding everyone!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Gauges

I got magic mirrors early before anyone mentioned possible problems with the gauges, installed them in the spring before taking my bike out of storage so when my temp gauge did not work I just assumed that it went bad over the winter, not wanting to spend the money to replace it I just disconnected the analog gauges and tossed them, best thing I ever did, I like the digital gauges better.

Glad I didn't know about repositioning the magnets or I would still be watching be wondering how much fuel I had as it down below 1/2 tank.

Oh bye the way, Brillant Peter, makes me want to change my own oil.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MAGNETS & GUAGE Malfunction

I have done some research on Magnets ...... and frankly I don't understand how Flipping the Magnet ( ie reversing the polarity ) ..... is going to effect the elec. Guages ..... They can't know what Polarity is on what side ......... The magnets I use have directional magnetic strength ie. they have 90% strength in one direction and 10% in the other ( the guage side )..... this is because they are encased in a steel cup, which A. improves the strength of the magnet and B. directs which way the magnetic waves are going ...Plus C. if they should break / shatter etc. they will work the same ( maybe better ) because they are EPOXIED into that Cup........... Mike

Spyder Garage

My Magic Mirrors work perfectly with no gauge problems. Can't say the same for the LED headlights I recently installed. One failed on the trip we just got back from.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Magnets

I put the two bottom magnets on and left the top Factory. Just went 1900 miles last week and no problems with the gauges.
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Magic Mirrors on a 2018 RT?

Just curious if anyone has has issues with these on a 2018 and the full LCD screen as I know computer screens do not like magnets.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gremy View Post
    Just curious if anyone has has issues with these on a 2018 and the full LCD screen as I know computer screens do not like magnets.
    As the latest Spyder RT 2018 with the LCD Screen no longer has the additional gauges fitted The space is now occupied by extra Audio speakers as these also use magnets I wonder if the magic mirrors would cause issues with them
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    As the latest Spyder RT 2018 with the LCD Screen no longer has the additional gauges fitted The space is now occupied by extra Audio speakers as these also use magnets I wonder if the magic mirrors would cause issues with them
    I don't know if I'll be able to find out, I use the Bluetooth in my helmet from my phone for audio instead of the speakers.