Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Does Anyone Have a BRP CB and BRP XM on 2014 RTL?

If you have both did you get the entertainment harness from BRP? I was told you can't have both on the 2014 harness.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In order to have BRP XM or BRP CB you must have the BRP ENT harness.
    And yes both XM and CB are supported on the ENT harness.
    You cannot have either of these without the ENT harness.
    Whoever told you otherwise does not know how it hooks up.

What you cannot have is the Bluetooth dongle AND the BRP CB as the BT dongle plugs into one of the CB connectors on the ENT harness.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    What you cannot have is the Bluetooth dongle AND the BRP CB as the BT dongle plugs into one of the CB connectors on the ENT harness.
    Bob
    Can't have the Bluetooth dongle(needed for SENA SMH-10 rider & passenger com) and XM radio???? If that's true, then there's another area where Honda(GL1800) and H-D(touring models) are way ahead of BRP in design and integration. When the MSRP of the Limited models is in the $30K range, you ought to be able to have a full array of AM/FM/CB/XM and com @your fingertips. Wish BRP wouldn't waste their time and our money on Special & Limited Editions paint schemes and devote that time to delivering rider and passenger enhancements.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Can't have the Bluetooth dongle(needed for SENA SMH-10 rider & passenger com) and XM radio???? If that's true, then there's another area where Honda(GL1800) and H-D(touring models) are way ahead of BRP in design and integration. When the MSRP of the Limited models is in the $30K range, you ought to be able to have a full array of AM/FM/CB/XM and com @your fingertips. Wish BRP wouldn't waste their time and our money on Special & Limited Editions paint schemes and devote that time to delivering rider and passenger enhancements.
    I did not say that. I said you cannot have BT and CB. You absolutely can have XM and BT.

Please read carefully

Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    In order to have BRP XM or BRP CB you must have the BRP ENT harness.
    And yes both XM and CB are supported on the ENT harness.
    You cannot have either of these without the ENT harness.
    Whoever told you otherwise does not know how it hooks up.

Bob
    Thanks Bob. I had both the BRP CB and XM on my 2011 but dealer said they change the ENT harness in 2014.....so now you can have only one or the other.....??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cognac View Post
    Thanks Bob. I had both the BRP CB and XM on my 2011 but dealer said they change the ENT harness in 2014.....so now you can have only one or the other.....??
    I have never heard that at all. BRP's web site still lists XM and CB as options in the same way they have before. Yes the ENT harness has changed over the years. I think like 5 times already and it's to resolve problems AND the version that came out in 2014 makes it easier to install without having to remove the entire rear end from the Spyder.

Bob