Spyder Garage

Default Corbin vs Ultimate Seat

Since no one has them both near me will need to rely on word of mouth, in the end both well made, like? Like Ford vs Chevy both get you where you want to be or is there one with a slight advantage?
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

For me it was the Ultimate and thats because it,s made in Canada and i bought it in Canadian fundsI think both seats are great but from what i see on here Corbin service is not the best.Plus Ultimate has a return policy if your not happy.Plus their are other options.Like you said its like Chevy verses Ford.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is no one best seat for everyone...
    In fact: only a complete ass can give you the best advice:

Your own!

So listen carefully to what it tells you, and happy shopping!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate for Me

I test 'sat' and ordered an Ultimate seat at Americade... got one with a gas door and no driver's back rest cutout.... came to our home and we installed. I can't comment about the Corbins... have only looked at their website.

I love my Ultimate...it's comfortable for me and because of the gas door, I can strap my travel bag onto the passenger seat. Another plus... the new seat material matched my existing passenger backrest -- so no need to replace that. Since my order didn't have the standard backrest cutout, I wouldn't have been able to return it... but it was, and is, exactly what I wanted.

Ride safe,
    Gina J

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Winger View Post
    For me it was the Ultimate and thats because it,s made in Canada and i bought it in Canadian fundsI think both seats are great but from what i see on here Corbin service is not the best.Plus Ultimate has a return policy if your not happy.Plus their are other options.Like you said its like Chevy verses Ford.
    Bill

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds interesting!

I found the Corbin seat but where might I find the Ultimate seat? Love that you can get the Corbin seat heated! I'm all about creature comforts and being not too hot and not too cold is important. Seems like with a heated seat you might be able to ride a lot longer in the fall.

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I agree with Bob's comment...

..yes, only you actually sitting on one of these seats will answer any questions. My own experience is: Corbin seats on my '08 and '10. Both looked very nice!!! Had gas door that is a plus. Butt, they are rather hard/firm (much like a saddle for a horse).

If you are only after looks, then either seat will do as they can be made to order. Butt if you are after comfort, this is my suggestion:

https://airhawk.net/

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

New Orleans Westbank - Belle Chasse, La 70037
    Spyder Garage

Default Hey guys - How bout some pics for us who don't know squat

When I read your thread and don't know squat about these seats it would help if you'd add some pics and a little info about where they can be bought and maybe how much. Just sayin. There a lot of folks out here reading this stuff--

Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk Question

Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post
    ..yes, only you actually sitting on one of these seats will answer any questions. My own experience is: Corbin seats on my '08 and '10. Both looked very nice!!! Had gas door that is a plus. Butt, they are rather hard/firm (much like a saddle for a horse).

If you are only after looks, then either seat will do as they can be made to order. Butt if you are after comfort, this is my suggestion:

Don
    Went to the site but it don't see anything for CanAm. What do you use?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post

Don
    Don't even see Can-am supported.
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Yes, a side by side or seat by seat comparison would be a great help, but in the real world dealers near me don't have both, I believe Spiderfest only had Ultimate there this year, so unless by sheer accident I come across two trikes in my area this forum and\or others will have to be my guide.
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seat

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Since no one has them both near me will need to rely on word of mouth, in the end both well made, like? Like Ford vs Chevy both get you where you want to be or is there one with a slight advantage?
    On all of my motorcycles over the years, and now on my 2014 Spyder ST Limited, I have always used Ultimate seats.
    They are really well made. Ultimate does a lot of background research and homework to ensure that the seats are a perfect match for the particular bike(s).
    For my Spyder, there were three options for sitting ... closer than OEM, OEM distance, and farther from the handlebars than OEM. That in itself is a nice feature. Because my OEM seat was a perfect match for me, I opted for the Ultimate MidRider seat. It was exactly like the OEM seat in terms of distance from the handlebars.
    I was really looking for a seat that had a driver backrest, and the Ultimate seats had that option.
    I cannot speak for Corbin, having never tried one nor do I know of anybody who has one.
    However, I cannot emphasize enough how pleased I have been with my Ultimate seats over the years.
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

I had the Corbin seat with gas door on both my 2008 GS and my 2010 RTS Premier. 60,000 plus miles on Corbin seats. You either like them or hate them. They are firm and most "likers" will use the term "supportive." I had no issues with the product.

No experience with Ultimate.

I currently have BRP comfort seats on both my rides. The 2014 version is much more comfortable than the 2011 version. Good lumbar support, 2" setback for the driver, all day riding comfort. Cost about $600 these days.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

After having three different Corbins on my past motorcycles I can tell you to expect a very firm saddle. if you are looking for a plush cushy seat, Corbin is not for you. Their specialty is allowing a rider to not feel sore after hours of riding, not so much cradling you in comfort per say. And it does work. I was initially disappointed and thought they were too firm but after riding for a while I realized that the idea is to just not have to think about fatigue and that it def works. Also one other thing, they usually seat the rider an inch or even two lower and also further back away from the bars than the stock seat, so you need to specify if that wont work for you when ordering.
    I have no experience with Ultimate.
    Last edited by Slowpoke387; 05-22-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Is there one or the other that works better with a backrest when my wife is not riding with me?
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Is there one or the other that works better with a backrest when my wife is not riding with me?
    Corbin with their built in back rest was very good for solo driving.

I used a Utopia with the BRP comfort seat for awhile. Now, I just like the lumbar back.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Got Corbin

I have the Corbin on my 2015 ST Ltd. love the fuel door...best in the industry. Great looking stitching and real leather. Hot looker but hard as heck....six months and still hard as heck...some say hard is better for support.....sometimes I miss a soft bottom with just enough support....for short rides, Corbin is number 1...for more than a few hours...don't think so unless your an "iron butt winner"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Guysmilie54 View Post
    I have the Corbin on my 2015 ST Ltd. love the fuel door...best in the industry. Great looking stitching and real leather. Hot looker but hard as heck....six months and still hard as heck...some say hard is better for support.....sometimes I miss a soft bottom with just enough support....for short rides, Corbin is number 1...for more than a few hours...don't think so unless your an "iron butt winner"
    Did you buy your seat new? Def doesnt sound right. The whole idea is to be able to ride for long rides without butt fatigue lol. Corbin is usually great for that.

Spyder Garage

Can't speak to the Ultimate very much but they seem to be very well liked out here.

I've had a Corbin on my 2008 GS - 75,000 miles, my 2012 RT - 25,000 miles and now my 10 month old 2015 F3 with 7,500 miles.
    You might see a pattern here.... I love the Corbin seats. They are crafted really well and provide fantastic support for long rides. They do take a few thousand miles to break in, but they will always be firm... which is exactly what you need if you're doing seriously long rides. This is especially true if you're packing any extra lbs like many of us are. ;-)

I never had an issue with Corbin customer service until I got my F3 seat with smuggler trunk. They didn't provide all the hardware, didn't drill holes where they're supposed to mount together, etc. They initially were okay with talking to me about the problems... but then they just went silent. I devised my own way to mount it which allowed me to still use my Ultimate backrest-- the one Lamont sells because I like it so much better than the Corbin backrest.

So their customer service indeed isn't that great... but I love my seat and would probably order another if the need arose.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMarie View Post
    Went to the site but it don't see anything for CanAm. What do you use?
    We both use Airhawk "R" model on our F3. Size large. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Don't even see Can-am supported.
    Pick out a cushion in the size you want. Wife and I use the "R" model, size large. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL