Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Advisory - National Park Senior Pass price increase coming

In case you're not aware of it's existence the Federal Government offers a lifetime Senior Pass to anyone 62 and older that grants free or reduced fee entrances into National Parks and Monuments. Currently the price is $10. However, the price is slated to increase to $80 for the lifetime pass, or $20 for a one year pass. The $20 will be credited toward the cost of the lifetime pass if you buy it later. The date for the change has not been set.

If you are now 62 or older and don't have the pass, and plan to visit a National Park, act now and get one. You'll pay for it many times over. If you reach 62 while the price is still $10, don't delay getting one.

You can get more info here: http://travel.aarp.org/articles-tips...-increase.html

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

One of the good deals available for seniors. I have had the lifetime pass for years, and it has saved me many dollars for gaining entrance into many National Parks. If you have not jumped on this one--do it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I bought mine almost 10 years ago,best deal I ever did. Love getting waved into the parks as I flash that pass.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default National Parks

I receive a fee Lifetime Pass for being 100% Disable Veteran and I truly enjoy it. I also like the fact they give our seniors a discount, but I can't be mad at them for raising the price. Our National Parks are in need of repairs, and maintenance and just like the rest of no one wants to work for free. I personally always try to donate something and if time permits I try to volunteer. At a minimum, I always have a plastic bag to pick up any waste that may have blown away or left by others.

Spyder Garage

I got mine about 10 months ago. I haven't used it yet, but I can't wait till I do.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Got ours a few years ago. One of the "good deals" out there.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info, if you go to one of the sites listed and present the necessary documentation, do you get the pass that day?

Spyder Garage

My wife and I have toured many years, each on our own bike. I have the pass, she does not. (Married a young'n) Going into national parks most of the time they let both of us in on my pass alone. Sometimes they would charge her but that usually happened when we got a trainee or new ranger. The seasoned rangers are easier on us old folks.

Spyder Garage

Default Info

For me, I just went to National Park and told them I want the lifetime pass, show them what they wanted and was handed it then.

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Thanks for the info, if you go to one of the sites listed and present the necessary documentation, do you get the pass that day?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got mine. It's a great deal for us "oldsters"!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default park pass

got ours last year at teddy Roosevelt in North Dakota and it is great we just flash the pass and drive on

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    For me, I just went to National Park and told them I want the lifetime pass, show them what they wanted and was handed it then.
    x 2. Got my pass while visiting Zion. Gave them the money, and I got the pass.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I got mine last year and used it once so far. We plan to use it later this summer when we go west.
    2015 RTS , Black

Spyder Garage

Got mine a few years back when it was only $10.00. Use it about once every week or two.....enjoy it.
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

It's great when you just want to pass thru a National Park to get somewhere else and not have to pay the entrance fee. Mt. Zion NP comes to mind. A $45 fee! I went around.

I got one one of the Access Passes a few years ago. It was free. 'America The Beautiful' 'The National Parks and Federal Recreational Land Pass' is one the back of the cards. So, it covers a lot. If you purchase anything in the gift shops, show them the card and you may get a discount? It worked for me last year.

Several years ago I got the Georgia Lifetime Sportsman's License. I can hunt and fish with that.
    It covers more areas than the G.O.R.P. or the Georgia Outdoor Recreational Pass for having fun in the GA Wildlife Managment Areas. Climbing, Geocaching, Caving, Bike riding, Hiking, etc.

Spyder Garage

Again - another example of the great information and advice shared on this forum.

THANK YOU!
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

Yep, we have one too. They do have a decal for motorcycles, but you have to get them annually, and you can only get them at sites that issue the senior pass. So far, I haven't done that.

DECALS
    If you own an open-topped vehicle (jeep, motorcycle, etc.) you may obtain a free decal to attach to your vehicle that will serve as proof of payment at sites that don't have a staffed entrance station.

• Decals are issued on annual basis, even for owners of lifetime Senior/Access passes
    • Decals are NOT valid for entry at staffed entrance sites - you MUST show your pass
    • Decals must be obtained in person and you must show the following: your Pass, driver's license and vehicle registration. The name on all three documents must match.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic