Spyder Garage

Default Ideas for keeping rocks out of sprocket?

I put one of the belt guards from spyder pops but I'm still getting them every once in a while going down my driveway. The ones that get in the rear sprocket isn't a big deal but the other day one went through the front pulley and it sounded terrible . I checked it out but didn't see any damage to the belt or pulley. Any other ideas of what I could put in front of the tire to block these rocks?
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Spyder Garage

It might be as simple as slowing down a bit. Speed usually kicks up the rocks.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It might be as simple as slowing down a bit. Speed usually kicks up the rocks.
    I normally do 5-10 mph. I thought of making a template of the guard out of aluminum and making a piece vertical in front of the tire to stop them from being thrown. The rock must have jumped in the belt teeth and stuck there as soon as I got on the road because that's when I heard it.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Whenever I'm riding "in the dirt": I slow down to a walking pace. (LESS than 5mph...)
    I've never had a problem with picking up stones!
    (Although I may just have jinxed myself! )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I've caught a few but so far I haven't had any issues from it. It just sounds terrible when I do. If I have enough room to add an upper piece I'll post my fix. I know inspector gadget had a metal guard and an extra piece that could be added to it. I may look that up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck! I hope that you find a solution!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Good luck! I hope that you find a solution!
    Thanks