Hybrid View

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Advisory - National Park Senior Pass price increase coming

In case you're not aware of it's existence the Federal Government offers a lifetime Senior Pass to anyone 62 and older that grants free or reduced fee entrances into National Parks and Monuments. Currently the price is $10. However, the price is slated to increase to $80 for the lifetime pass, or $20 for a one year pass. The $20 will be credited toward the cost of the lifetime pass if you buy it later. The date for the change has not been set.

If you are now 62 or older and don't have the pass, and plan to visit a National Park, act now and get one. You'll pay for it many times over. If you reach 62 while the price is still $10, don't delay getting one.

You can get more info here: http://travel.aarp.org/articles-tips...-increase.html

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

One of the good deals available for seniors. I have had the lifetime pass for years, and it has saved me many dollars for gaining entrance into many National Parks. If you have not jumped on this one--do it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I bought mine almost 10 years ago,best deal I ever did. Love getting waved into the parks as I flash that pass.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default National Parks

I receive a fee Lifetime Pass for being 100% Disable Veteran and I truly enjoy it. I also like the fact they give our seniors a discount, but I can't be mad at them for raising the price. Our National Parks are in need of repairs, and maintenance and just like the rest of no one wants to work for free. I personally always try to donate something and if time permits I try to volunteer. At a minimum, I always have a plastic bag to pick up any waste that may have blown away or left by others.

Spyder Garage

I got mine about 10 months ago. I haven't used it yet, but I can't wait till I do.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Got ours a few years ago. One of the "good deals" out there.