Spyder Garage

Default Question about Sena SMH10

My wife and I use Sena SMH10 headsets for communication and to listen to music from our Android phones. Our headsets are paired to each other for intercom communication and that works well. We like different types of music so my headset is paired to my phone, and hers to her phone. When listening to music, however, I suddenly start hearing her music, and she hears mine. I recently cleared all pairings from my phone and then paired my headset to hers for intercom communication and then to my phone, but this made no difference. The next time we rode we each started hearing each others music. Can this be prevented, and if so how?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the advanced capabilities of the Sena also. I'll be following this thread closely.

I have found that Sena customer support is very good at responding to emailed questions; I haven't tried any other means of communication with them.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You have to turn off music sharing. We had the same problem. Hook it up to the computer and check your settings carefully.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

This is what I do. It is a PITA, as you have to do it every time you want to share music between 2 SMH10 headsets, as far as I can figure out. Maybe Motorcycle Dave knows a better more permanent way to do this.

"A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think he wants to stop it. Like I said, you have to hook the headset to the computer like you do for firmware updates and disable the music sharing in the settings. It's really not that hard.
    Last edited by Highwayman2013; 06-20-2017 at 09:11 AM.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I think he wants to stop it. Like I said, you have to hook the headset to the computer like you do for firmware updates and disable the music sharing in the settings. It's really not that hard.
    This is what you have to do and it will work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Red RT-S View Post
    My wife and I use Sena SMH10 headsets for communication and to listen to music from our Android phones. Our headsets are paired to each other for intercom communication and that works well. We like different types of music so my headset is paired to my phone, and hers to her phone. When listening to music, however, I suddenly start hearing her music, and she hears mine. I recently cleared all pairings from my phone and then paired my headset to hers for intercom communication and then to my phone, but this made no difference. The next time we rode we each started hearing each others music. Can this be prevented, and if so how?
    The SMH10 can link to intercom or music and can switch between the two. You cannot communicate on intercom and use music at the same time. For that you need one of the higher line units like the 20S that has audio multitasking. This was one of the biggest reasons we upgraded a while back.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame