Spyder Garage

Default Valcourt Was A Great Trip

Kinda like ancient history now. I waited an entire year to go. (Didn't bate my breath, however) Now, sort of empty. I met up the Octo Film group in Council Bluffs, IA and rode to Valcourt. Met a goodly number of folks who rode from Bert's Mega Mall in Covina, Cali to the event. Dennis and Sherri (I think Sherri), Kevin and Shane and Jennifer of Octo. Met with a couple from the San Francisco area, Mike and Jill who rode an F3 though the snow over Vail Pass. There were two Dan's one of who's wife was ryding her won RT. (Id you'd PM me, I'd like to meet up again somewhere.) At Ft Atkinson, WI, we met with a large contingent of Spyder ryders who were joining our group. I kinda thought mostly farmers from the conversation but I could be wrong. It was a long long ryde through several days of rain, sometimes heavy downpouring rain. But not all the way. Kinda cool, mostly 55 - 60 range which, considering the now HOT days in Northeast Louisiana, a blessing. The 'show' was not any organized events, some planned rydes around the quaint old countryside of Quebec. Amazing, to ryde 5,000 km to 'go on a ryde'. So for the octo group, that's 10,000 Km ryding. Or another way to look at it, 6,213 miles round trip. Kudos guys and it'll be a trip to remember forever. A couple of evening feeds and at Drummondville, the CEO and assorted Can-Am execs spoke, couple of awards given and the show began at the Cogeco center. Decent chicken, most excellent and quick service and the entertainment was, well, entertaining to say the least. For my part, I was really sad it was over and the long solo 2,175 mile ryde home was not as much fun as going. I had a great time, a great trip and thanks to Octo for allowing me to join the group. And to the many folks I met, my honor to have met you, even for such a short time. Bonus, aside from the great folks, my trip map has a dozen new states ridden in.

Just for grins, here is the Octo Films group trip route. https://roadtrippers.com/map?lng=-10...&a2=t!16855489

Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

It's good to hear you had such a good time and were able to connect with so many. Can only imagine....know you will do it again..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We had talked before Valcourt about you going across Canada and back through the US. Sounds like you decided to not do the trip. Happy though that you enjoyed your experience.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cognaccruiser View Post
    We had talked before Valcourt about you going across Canada and back through the US. Sounds like you decided to not do the trip. Happy though that you enjoyed your experience.

Gary
    Yes, that was the plan. But it was the weather that turned that part of the ride off.