Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Best F3 Floorboard for Arthritic Hip?

I have arthritis in my left hip and my Doctor tells me to "keep it moving as much as possible" - and that does help it a lot. Now, I'm considering the purchase of an F3, but I find that (during my test ride) my feet are basically locked in place while riding. So, I think that floorboards would be a good option for me.

I know that there are lots of floorboard choices. So which ones would allow for maximum flexibility in placing the left foot (so that the angle of my hip can change from time-to-time while riding)?

Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have brp floorboards which suits my slightly dicky hip

Pitbull make some nice highway pegs which bolt onto the brp floorboards, getting good reviews

Lamonster sell a really long floorboard called (oddly) RIP boards

hope this helps with a couple of ideas

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    I have brp floorboards which suits my slightly dicky hip

Pitbull make some nice highway pegs which bolt onto the brp floorboards, getting good reviews

Lamonster sell a really long floorboard called (oddly) RIP boards

hope this helps with a couple of ideas
    Thanks for the suggestions - Would you have a link for the Pitbull Highway Pegs? The BRP boards were on the test drive I rode yesterday, and I generally liked them. But if these pegs add some flexibility in leg position, they might do the job for me!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry I don't have a link, saw it on Facebook spyder experience.
    Pitbullpowersportsinc.com should give you their phone number. It is a new pit bull product. At least I think that is them...

other thought is is passenger floorboards too - if your leg/hip wants to bend back occasionally. Brp do sell them.

edit Facebook is Spyder Xperience
    pegs are PB1 spyder .. Etc floorboards
    usd 249
    Last edited by loisk; 06-18-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a F3T and was looking for a set of floor boards. All of the aftermarket ones were quite expensive, so I went to a local metal shop and had them cut me a piece of 1/4" aluminum. I coated them with some spray on bedliner and will be giving them a try next week. I might mount them with some sort of rubbermat to help with shock the shock absorbing. I did use a rubber washer between the board and mount, so that might be enough. I will report on how they work. I have a total of about $50 in them now.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I have a F3T and was looking for a set of floor boards. All of the aftermarket ones were quite expensive, so I went to a local metal shop and had them cut me a piece of 1/4" aluminum. I coated them with some spray on bedliner and will be giving them a try next week. I might mount them with some sort of rubbermat to help with shock the shock absorbing. I did use a rubber washer between the board and mount, so that might be enough. I will report on how they work. I have a total of about $50 in them now.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I can't recommend Lamont's RIP boards highly enough, Newbert. They put your feet in a great position and give you lots of wriggle room. They also give you an easier access to the brake pedal than the BRP boards that they replaced, and have an option for highway pegs that attach to them for ever more options. There is also Seal floorboards, which provide even more wriggle room. The only issue with the Seals is that they only work in Ufit position 3, while Lamont's work with all positions. I went with Lamont's because I need position 5. Here's a photo of my RIP setup and the Seals.
    .IMG_0494.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peteoz; 06-19-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Don't forget the Web Boards. They have a simple bolt on design like the ones that I made, but they look supper cool, and they work. I had them on my RT, and couldn't have been happier. Also got compliments on them everytime I stopped.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I don't have arthritis but I do have a badly fractured left foot (two fractures and tendon and ligament avulsion) and just rode 4050 miles up to Canada and back using Lamonster RIP floor boards. I was able to move my foot around on the boards and also keep it elevated when necessary. Lamonster's boards look fantastic and are far better than the stock ones. F3's are sexy motorcycles. Let's keep them sexy and beautiful! I'll post a picture when I can.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lamonster View Post
    I don't have arthritis but I do have a badly fractured left foot (two fractures and tendon and ligament avulsion) and just rode 4050 miles up to Canada and back using Lamonster RIP floor boards. I was able to move my foot around on the boards and also keep it elevated when necessary. Lamonster's boards look fantastic and are far better than the stock ones. F3's are sexy motorcycles. Let's keep them sexy and beautiful! I'll post a picture when I can.
    Yep, that picture makes the F3 look far more sexy and beautiful, Joan..

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red