Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket RTS SM5 Floorboards

I bought the 18" floorboards for my 2010 RT and installed them. (FROM: http://www.canamspyderaccessories.com/) On my first ride I nearly rear-ended a two wheeler because the brake pedal was too low, and hard to hit hard. This was scary and unsafe for me. My solution was to raise the pad on the brake pedal, and now it is really great. More positions available for my feet, more comfort for my long legs. See the pics for my solution. I found some rubber bumpers, like you would put on the bottom of an appliance or something, bought some longer bolts, and bang!image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

as long as it works
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had Web Floor boards on my 2014 RT, and the boards came with a spacer to raise the brake pedal up to prevent what happened to you. Glad you didn't wreck and were able to correct the brake pedal.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I always liked the floorboards from ISCI: you could adjust both their height, and the angle that they put your feet at!

FloorBoards.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket Floorboards for RT-SE5 from CanAmAccessories.com?

I'm considering a pair of driver floorboards for my 2012 RT-SE5. I don't have the $$$ for the expensive ones, but there are some on CanAmAccessories.com that might meet my need. One pair is 11 inches long, 1/4 inch aluminum, bolt on...on sale for $149.95. Has anyone tried these or similar ones? At 11" I shouldn't have issues reaching the brake pedal, and if I do, I can raise the pedal with spacers. I'm just looking for something reasonably priced and more comfortable than the factory foot pegs. Ant experience or suggestions or advice?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I had Web Floor boards on my 2014 RT, and the boards came with a spacer to raise the brake pedal up to prevent what happened to you. Glad you didn't wreck and were able to correct the brake pedal.
    We had an issue with our web boards, that even with the provided spacer the brake pedal would bottom out and couldn't get full braking power. I ended up using 2 metal spacers that raised the brake pedal enough so it wouldn't bottom out on a full hard brake stop.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!