Thread: 10k

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 10k

10.jpg
    A lot of the time people post about problems with their Spyders and I thought I would say some good things for a change. My 2017 F3S Daytona just turned 10,000 miles (since November) and I have not had a seconds' trouble with it. I have to give imotorsports in Elmhurst a big Thank You for the prep. It was done right. Only thing I had to change at 9k was the rear tire. Down to wear bars. Put one of the last Michelin Hydroedges available on there and it is great. I did change out the rear shock (I am a big guy) to the 2 up and with an Airhawk I have very close to RT comfort while ryding long distances suspension-wise. Very glad I bit the bullet on this model. Just changed the oil and went with the M1 4T oil and the BRP filter so I expect to get the mileage (and more) we are getting out of the RT, which is now almost 42K.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Me Too

Had a few problems, mostly related to buying used from a cheap dealer. Generally love riding it, love the luggage space, love having a radio. The brakes are incredible!

Hey, Doc H - do I know you from the Aero Forum?
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    Had a few problems, mostly related to buying used from a cheap dealer. Generally love riding it, love the luggage space, love having a radio. The brakes are incredible!

Hey, Doc H - do I know you from the Aero Forum?
    ~Sandee~
    Not sure......maybe...

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Doc, you must have read my mind. Between The Beast and Cocaine, I have just passed 30,000 trouble free miles in the 2 and a half years I have been an owner. Thought about posting about this and voila, there your post is. Have only changed tires and oil during this time. Happy for all of us that are in the same boat, and sorry for those who are not.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

Alway good to have a positive story here. They help balance out the bad and give the newcomer some hope they did not make the wrong move...congrats I'm sure you will have many more miles of smiles as I have near 38,000 miles with no problems....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

bought my 12 RTS used from harley store here in town late nov2015, 3000 miles on it. rode last year mostly in south carolina putting a little over 5000 miles on it. should turn over to 11,000 miles this week. and if the weather ever quits being stupid I should hit 20,000 miles by winter. I've had no issues with the machine. I've changed the oil twice so far, had the front end aligned, changed the O rings in the clutch slave cylinder, belt alignment, flushed the cooling system, installed a new battery as a just in case. just basic preventive maintenance. still running on the oem rubber. the machines are pretty stout. could use a set of good quality shocks on the front.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

10,000 down: Here's to countless more!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I cannot say that my miles have all been trouble free, but nearly. I logged on 21k on my 2014 RT, and the only issue was the DESS error. That is common and never left me stranded. My 2016 F3T is just under 2 months old and has 2,800 miles. So far the only issue that I have had is a slight oil leak from the filler tube. I think that was from a combination of being overfilled and a bad O-Ring. Both of these were purchased new and were great.
    My 2012 RSS did have a bad shift sylinoid. That issue cost me just under $800. Not sure what could have caused the issue, but overall, I was satisfied with it also.
    Overall, I am happy with can am, but I have my fingers crossed as I plan on having this F3T for a long time.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 47000+

IMG_0367.jpgJust got back from Valcourt! We have 47000 + on the 13 RTL and over 16000 on the F3L. Over 6800 miles on this last trip on each motorcycle. Phenomenal Machines!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All positives here too

My wife and I got back from Valcourt last Thursday. After the event we went around the Gaspe coast and back through New Brunswick. We live in south central British Columbia. We did a total of 11,550 km/7,219 miles on our 2014 RTS. 100% trouble free. We don't do a lot of local distance but we use our machine for long distance touring such as Spyderfest, Red Rock Rally etc. and have not had a problem.

We had a couple of very minor things such as a leak in the frunk when new.

It is always possible for a breakdown to occur. But that is true of any vehicle. To date ours has been excellent.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Default 1330 Platform has been solid!!

2015 RT-S "Red Wagon" was at 44,000 miles when wife traded it for her 16 F3T this April. She has 6,500 on it and I have 25,000 on my base 15 SE6 RT with the original services and alignment at the dealer and all other oil changes, HCM service and tires done in our garage. Myles of Smyles!!
    Last edited by AeroPilot; 06-19-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Good idea for a thread. Hope this does not doom some of us.

That said, my current RT's both have over 25,000 miles and like a timex, they are still ticking fine. 2011 and 2014.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

for reaching the 10K!

The 1330 engines are solid! I have a 2014RTS-SE6, Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 06-19-2017 at 06:38 PM. Reason: updated this post, 6/19/2017

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default 10K

Am on my third season, had the DESS and ignition switch replaced ~ 8K, Currently 41K and counting; ride everywhere and pull my trailer 2-6K/year. Uses some oil but that's all. Pleased with my purchase and will treat myself to a new one when I retire in a few more years. Just don't tell the wife
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have had some issues with mine. The last 2 years have been trouble free, except I had to replace belt. 50,000 miles and climbing. Bruce