Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Question About F3 U-Fit?

I test drove an F3-S today and generally liked what I found. However, it wasn't "U-Fitted" to my specs and I felt I had to lean forward more than I'd like in order to steer properly. So, my guess is that, I could use a different handlebar option if I end up making a purchase. The BRP brochure says that "the F3 models feature our exclusive UFit system so you can customize an exact fit based upon your height and riding style. Choose from 5 footpeg positions and 5 handlebar options to optimize your fit and comfort."

Do dealers generally assess an additional charge at the time of purchase if the handlebar needs to be swapped out to better fit the rider?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    I test drove an F3-S today and generally liked what I found. However, it wasn't "U-Fitted" to my specs and I felt I had to lean forward more than I'd like in order to steer properly. So, my guess is that, I could use a different handlebar option if I end up making a purchase. The BRP brochure says that "the F3 models feature our exclusive UFit system so you can customize an exact fit based upon your height and riding style. Choose from 5 footpeg positions and 5 handlebar options to optimize your fit and comfort."

Do dealers generally assess an additional charge at the time of purchase if the handlebar needs to be swapped out to better fit the rider?
    They didn't for me, newbert. The bars are such an easy item to swap out.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The F3's are all shipped with the same handlebar and brake linkage setup (except the daytona). If you want to make adjustments based on the U-fit system then yes, you have to pay for whatever handlebar and brake linkage fits your settings.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    The F3's are all shipped with the same handlebar and brake linkage setup (except the daytona). If you want to make adjustments based on the U-fit system then yes, you have to pay for whatever handlebar and brake linkage fits your settings.
    I agree. Both my wife and I had to pay for our changes.

You might be able to negotiate the change in your deal. Good luck.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Good question

You've got a valid point. It would seem to me if the dealer wanted to make the sale, they ought to work with you a little. Harley Davidson has "Fit Coordinator" that helps you spec out your bike. If you select the gear ahead of time before the sale, they're not out anything. Wife and I usually tell the dealer that we have good credit and we aren't there to argue about the sale price. Either they get us the vehicle we want, equipped the way we want it or we find somebody else who will. Never had a problem.

Spyder Garage

Default U-FIT SYSTEMht

Newbert if your dealer has an F-3 on the floor with the U-Fit system, I would suggest trying out all the peg and bar options before purchase. If not, maybe another dealer nearby might have the system. You want it right before you put down your hard earned money.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I added the longest linkage for the brake so I can change it if I ride my wife's f3 .... $29.00 from the dealer ....

2013 F6B
    2016 F3 Ltd
    2016 F3 LTD , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I needed position 5 and worked it into the deal. Talk to the dealer.
    2015 F3S SE6
    You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding

2015 F3s , Orange/black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    I added the longest linkage for the brake so I can change it if I ride my wife's f3 .... $29.00 from the dealer ....
    I originally got my F3 with a plus 1 brake rod for an extra $29, I believe. After adding the Lamonster driver backrest, I am going for the plus 2 rod to keep my legs at a similar extention. I'll probably put the shorter one up for sale on Ebay.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I told Jason at Imotorsports my height and inseam. They were supposed to set it up for me before delivery. In the rush to ship the bike, they forgot and set the bike up in the standard position. I called and he shipped the correct items to my house at no charge.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Shortfit handlebars install

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    They didn't for me, newbert. The bars are such an easy item to swap out.

Pete
    My wife just traded in her RT for a 2017 F3 and the dealer didn't have the short fit handle bars in stock. They are shipping them to my house since the closest dealership is 4 hours away from us in either direction. Is there a video anywhere showing how to swap these out?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

My dealer charged for the additional changes but I got to keep the stock brake rod and handlebars. You paid for the stock equipment you get to keep them.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

It really all depends on the dealer and their profit margins and levels of customer service. Most would just simply "make it happen," regardless of the details. I'd definitely get it the way you want it BEFORE pulling the trigger on the purchase.

Best of luck.

Enjoy your F3S!!!
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by No 2817 View Post
    My dealer charged for the additional changes but I got to keep the stock brake rod and handlebars. You paid for the stock equipment you get to keep them.Chris
    Indeed!!!
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Spyder Garage

IMO: The dealer should make the F3 fit the customer as advertised. The customer should NOT have to pay for the additional parts. The parts needed should be part of the package. You should also get to keep the parts that came with the machine from the factory.

There is cheap and then there is cheap. Some dealers just don't get it.

I would be walking out the door very fast.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default 7mm Allen wrench

I went to change my handle bars to position 5 long reach. I have multiple sets of metric tools. You would think with all of the sets that i have at least one of them would have a 7mm Allen wrench. Not! All of my sets jump from 6mm to 8mm, skipping for some reason the 7mm. The Handle bars on the F3-T are held on with 7mm Allen bolts. Arrghh.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default 7mm allen wrench

found this at a auto zone.IMG_0031.jpg

Chris

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The dealershipnisue is always an interesting one. Your conversations about them are also interesting.

If you expect the dealer to offer deep discounts then you should not expect them to give free parts and labor, or vice versa.

All of you expect the dealer to offer tremendous service with many trained techs on hand to handle a busy riding season, but at the same time we complain about the rates. THESE PEOPLE ARE THERE TO MAKE A PROFIT, AND TO SUPPLY THE FAMILIES EMPLOYED TEHRE WITH THE NECESSITIES OF LIFE.

If the dealership only has Can-Am or BRP then he must watch his margins more carefully than if they have multiple lines. If they are Spyder only then they don't have profits from Skidoo or Maverick to help in the off season.

Sure they are there to serve you, but they MUST make profits to give you the support that you need.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by No 2817 View Post
    I went to change my handle bars to position 5 long reach. I have multiple sets of metric tools. You would think with all of the sets that i have at least one of them would have a 7mm Allen wrench. Not! All of my sets jump from 6mm to 8mm, skipping for some reason the 7mm. The Handle bars on the F3-T are held on with 7mm Allen bolts. Arrghh.
    Chris
    I had the same issue with all my Allen sets, Chris. 7mm must not be a very common size, which is obviously why those "bastards" at Can-Am specifically chose it . I also didn't realise that most metric spanner and socket kits don't include a 15mm, which I discovered when trying to remove the rear shock. I think it is all part of a cunning plan to make us amateur mechanics think that we would be better off taking it to the dealer to avoid having to drive into town to buy an individual tool when halfway through a job.......or maybe I am over analysing it

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red