Thread: 2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3 Limited

I rode my Indian over to Findlay Ohio just to see what American Powersports had. They had new Spyders right inside the door and as I started to walk away I noticed they had a 2017 F3 Limited in Magnesium Metallic which looks like a pewter color to me. I checked out the saddlebags, the trunk & frunk before getting into the saddle which was very comfy. The only thing it needs is a longer brake rod for my long legs, moving the floorboards forward. The salesman said he would go down to 28 grand from list price. I don't know if that's a good price or not. Besides that I'd have to sell my Indian outright to avoid being scalped on a trade-in.

Spyder Garage

If you can live without the back trunk and that color you might want to look at leftover 2016's. Pretty much the same machine otherwise and can be had for $21-22k these days. Thats what we did. Leaves a lot of room for windscreens, seats, backrests, etc.
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by Slowpoke387; 06-17-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

That's pretty good advice as another dealer in the area has quite a few 2016's to choose from. Honda East Toledo has a 2016 Limited Special Series in matte black for $21,387 and he's also got a 2016 F3T SE6 in Magnesium Metallic for $19,767. $6613 less and $8233 less than 28 grand. He's got several other 2016's with unlisted discounts on his website as "request a quote".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    That's pretty good advice as another dealer in the area has quite a few 2016's to choose from. Honda East Toledo has a 2016 Limited Special Series in matte black for $21,387 and he's also got a 2016 F3T SE6 in Magnesium Metallic for $19,767. $6613 less and $8233 less than 28 grand. He's got several other 2016's with unlisted discounts on his website as "request a quote".
    There ya go. Save the cash and leave room for fun add-ons.

Spyder Garage

I had given up on trading my 2012 RTL for an F3 when I talked to my local dealer. Found one a 2 hours away who gave me a great deal on a 2016 F3L. Added the topcap backrest & footboards for the passenger. Looking at a new windshield now. I think I have a Blue Ridge (only 13" but curves up at the top) & the wind buffeting is a bit much for not always wonderful weather near Buffalo The F3 rocks!! More comfortable than I've ever been on my RTL
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield, BRP Belt Tensioner, 2018 Triton GU10 trailer to haul it

Spyder Garage

Default by a used - same bike - save money

I rode my Indian over to Findlay Ohio just to see what American Powersports had. They had new Spyders right inside the door and as I started to walk away I noticed they had a 2017 F3 Limited in Magnesium Metallic which looks like a pewter color to me. I checked out the saddlebags, the trunk & frunk before getting into the saddle which was very comfy. The only thing it needs is a longer brake rod for my long legs, moving the floorboards forward. The salesman said he would go down to 28 grand from list price. I don't know if that's a good price or not. Besides that I'd have to sell my Indian outright to avoid being scalped on a trade-in.
    Being an Indian rider also - I would advise against getting rid of your two wheeled ride. One thing aint like the other.
    Buy a used 2016 - easy to find with upgrades already done and for a good price - 21k or thereabouts.
    I added the top case which aftermarket all said and done you will drop $2800 parts/labor/BUDS update.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Good Luck

Good luck on finding you a Spyder. Once you do take the short trip down to our shop and come see all the things we have to offer to help make your ryde that much more comfortable Fostoria is only a stone throw away. Safe Travels.

Spyder Garage

Default top case

I found a 2016 F3T and added the top case and floorboards myself.
    Saved a bunch of money doing it myself and now have it like a convertible.
    Top case off around town and on for trips. Comes off in about 5 mins. and goes back on in about 10.
    I leave the antenna laid down flat under the passenger seat and cowl.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Honda East Toledo is a good dealer with good service and parts pricing....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    I found a 2016 F3T and added the top case and floorboards myself.
    Saved a bunch of money doing it myself and now have it like a convertible.
    Top case off around town and on for trips. Comes off in about 5 mins. and goes back on in about 10.
    I leave the antenna laid down flat under the passenger seat and cowl.
    i just had this case installed on my F3..... do you use the USB? How was it connected for Power?
    Fenelon Falls ON, Canada
    2016 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

That salesman is nuts. I got my 2018 F3L a month ago for 24,678 out the door. I could have gotten a 2017 for 2k less but went for the 2018. Look around there are great deals out there.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Imotorsports also has 2017 F3 Limiteds listed for $23k and 2018's for $24-$25k on their website!

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    That salesman is nuts. I got my 2018 F3L a month ago for 24,678 out the door. I could have gotten a 2017 for 2k less but went for the 2018. Look around there are great deals out there.
    Last edited by Boilermaker; 08-14-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Shop

Call pitbull and see what they can do. They took care of us! We have shopped competitively and got two there!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

way overpriced s/be under 24000.00 i ordered mine new added trl hitch back rest and taller windshield and pd less than what that clown wants shop around check this board i believe somebody was selling a 17 model for allot less

Spyder Garage

Default Keep shopping

That is a terrible price - glad you stopped here before completing the purchase.

The regulars here have all given you good advice - a better price is only a phone call away. Get the best price elsewhere and see if your dealer will match it - otherwise buy elsewhere and get it delivered or pick-up on your own to save thousands.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Psssssst! This post is way over a year old!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Whoops! Missed that altogether! My bad.

Spyder Garage

Default 17 F3L

I got my ‘17 F3L in May as a demo with 500 miles on it for $22,300.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryinWI View Post
    I got my ‘17 F3L in May as a demo with 500 miles on it for $22,300.

I got my ‘17 F3L two weeks ago for $19,900 with 524 miles on it and a warranty till Oct. ‘19.

Spyder Garage

I just paid 22k for my brand new 18 F3 Limited on Thursday