Spyder Garage

Default girl convicted Friday of involuntary manslaughter

TAUNTON, Mass. – A woman who sent her boyfriend a barrage of text messages urging him to kill himself when they were both teenagers was convicted Friday of involuntary manslaughter in a trial that raised questions about whether words can kill.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/16...cide-case.html

THIS STORY REMINDS ME OF MANY YEARS AGO, it was in a news paper somewhere that a mother had a son with O C D . every day he would wash his hands so many times that he had to quit school because they couldn't take care of him there, and the other kids teased him all the time. as the kid was living home, he would never go out, he would just do study's and constantly wash his hands. as time went on he was slowly going crazy and loosing his mind. one day he started telling his mom that he wanted to die. they started ignoring him. i don't remember if they brought him to a doctor. but every day all he kept saying is he wanted to kill himself.
    well after after a long time of him telling his mom this, one day she told him TO GO AHEAD AND KILL HIMSELF. after a little she heard a loud shot come from the kids room. turns out he went into his dads room, took his dads 22 rifle, loaded it, put the gun under his chin, and pulled the trigger. shocked mom called the police, no 911 at the time, and they rushed him to the hospital. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, the kid did not die, turns out that when he shot himself. the bullet hit the spot of his brain that caused the O C D in him, and cured him of it. long story story short, he went on to finish school, go to collage, and to become a lawyer, and to try to help people with O C D. also his mom was never charged with anything
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Back to this case...
    Justice has been served, and now we just have to see what her sentencing looks like...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    TAUNTON, Mass. – A woman who sent her boyfriend a barrage of text messages urging him to kill himself when they were both teenagers was convicted Friday of involuntary manslaughter in a trial that raised questions about whether words can kill.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/16...cide-case.html

THIS STORY REMINDS ME OF MANY YEARS AGO, it was in a news paper somewhere that a mother had a son with O C D . every day he would wash his hands so many times that he had to quit school because they couldn't take care of him there, and the other kids teased him all the time. as the kid was living home, he would never go out, he would just do study's and constantly wash his hands. as time went on he was slowly going crazy and loosing his mind. one day he started telling his mom that he wanted to die. they started ignoring him. i don't remember if they brought him to a doctor. but every day all he kept saying is he wanted to kill himself.
    well after after a long time of him telling his mom this, one day she told him TO GO AHEAD AND KILL HIMSELF. after a little she heard a loud shot come from the kids room. turns out he went into his dads room, took his dads 22 rifle, loaded it, put the gun under his chin, and pulled the trigger. shocked mom called the police, no 911 at the time, and they rushed him to the hospital. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, the kid did not die, turns out that when he shot himself. the bullet hit the spot of his brain that caused the O C D in him, and cured him of it. long story story short, he went on to finish school, go to collage, and to become a lawyer, and to try to help people with O C D. also his mom was never charged with anything
    cmon really? This is real?

And yeah im curious to find out what sentence is imposed. That girl is evil. Her texts were unbelievable, the poor kid got scared and actually got out of the truck to bail out and she actually convinced him to get back in and finish it. Thats evil.

Spyder Garage

i have remembered this story for years. if i was kidding i would hint to it. it is a story from way back when. also one of my sisters girlfriends tried to kill herself because her husband wanted to leave her. she also took a 22 rifle and shot herself in the side of the head. her name is Carrol, she also lived, but is now blind and re married. she now lives down south with her new husband. again, trust me i didn't lie about the story, i have been telling it for years
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Hope she gets what she deserves and has a nice long sentence to think about it each and every day.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Back to this case...
    Justice has been served, and now we just have to see what her sentencing looks like...
    To be more accurate, a verdict has been delivered. Justice won't be served until sentencing, if then.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 06-17-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: correction
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Knowing the state of juvenile justice

They always talk about what a criminal is facing. She's facing 20 years. No, that's the maximum sentence. Someone with no criminal records is not facing anything close to 20 years. From that I've seen of the juvenile justice system today, she will probably be sentenced to a 5 week time out in juvenile hall. And a sealed record when she turns 21.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess that I haven't followed this mess all that closely...
    Was this tried in Juvenile Court; or in an Adult one?
    (She was 17 when she committed the crime...)

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Default She was tried in juvenile court

I guess that I haven't followed this mess all that closely...
    Was this tried in Juvenile Court; or in an Adult one?
    (She was 17 when she committed the crime...)
    Because she was 17 when this happened, she was tried in juvenile court.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    To be more accurate, a verdict has been delivered. Justice won't be served until sentencing, if then.
    justice will never truly be served, the kid is dead & we pay to keep her in jail

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

sorry guys, my belief is you have to take responsibility for your own actions. He took his own life it is on him, his choice and his right.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are correct... He's the one that stayed in the garage.
    It gets confusing because it has been reported that he said that he "was scared", and she convinced him to continue with the plan...

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    sorry guys, my belief is you have to take responsibility for your own actions. He took his own life it is on him, his choice and his right.
    i agree but she pushed the limit and has to take responsibility. much like a post on this forum you don't like, just avoid it and
    don't respond.

Spyder Garage

You are correct... He's the one that stayed in the garage.
    It gets confusing because it has been reported that he said that he "was scared", and she convinced him to continue with the plan...
    Was actually inside his truck with a gas powered generator running in the back seat. He was reported to have been scared to do it and got out. She actually coaxed him back into it. Yeah ultimately it was his decision but she obviously had some control over him at that point. She def couldve swayed him into staying out of the truck.
    In the end he was a troubled kid with depression and may have attempted it again at some point but the issue was this occurance. She def had a hand in it and talked him into getting back in. In my mind she has some responsibility in this. I mean cmon, she talked into getting back into the truck and actually said "finish it".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The mentally ill can't be said to be making rational choices. He has the 'right' to expect that fellow humans will understand that and guide him out of danger, not push him into it.

Speaking from experience here.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

IMHO, making this girl criminally responsible for something she said, no matter how reprehensible, is another slide down the slippery slope. Ie, "hate crimes". How can a murder be worse because because the murderer hated the person he killed? It can't.

The slippery slope to which I refer is the control of speech and assuming to know the thoughts in one's mind and controlling our thinking of those thoughts. And I doubt that there is one of us on this forum who hasn't had some really ugly thoughts about another human from time to time. On the slope, those thoughts might get you charged with a criminal act.

Just sayin'.................

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is where it gets real... sticky!
    This is in no way a "Freedom of Speech" issue.
    By directing him to complete an action that would end in his death (After he had expressed his reluctance to do it...); she clearly crossed the line...
    Was the kid a mess anyway?
    Hell yes!
    If not this time: would he have been successful the next time?

But as a person who was in need of help: he didn't need anyone handing him match, as he stood on top of the unlit bonfire...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    IMHO, making this girl criminally responsible for something she said, no matter how reprehensible, is another slide down the slippery slope. Ie, "hate crimes". How can a murder be worse because because the murderer hated the person he killed? It can't.

The slippery slope to which I refer is the control of speech and assuming to know the thoughts in one's mind and controlling our thinking of those thoughts. And I doubt that there is one of us on this forum who hasn't had some really ugly thoughts about another human from time to time. On the slope, those thoughts might get you charged with a criminal act.
    She was convicted by a jury of her peers for her choice of actions to take when another person's life was obviously in danger; rather than discourage his suicide attempts she belittled and bullied him into taking his life. That's not a 1st amendment issue.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default She could of saved herself

She could have saved herself a ton of trouble had she simply utter the words "Get out of the truck". Instead she chose to say "Get back in the truck".
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired