Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

My dealer just replaced my module with the newest one (710004916).

Last chance BRP!!!! You have a great machine in the Spyder, but these continuing errors and issues will erode both your goodwill, and the confidence of current owners, and prospective new buyers. Please protect your business, and your customers by fixing this and other problems with a final solution. Thank you!!
    LEEB

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Good luck, The latest dess module part # is 710004916. Keep us posted. Deanna

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

Default WOW- you'd think they'd fix it asap then!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    This is the real kicker .... BRP had a DESS Module in all the other Spyders that worked 99.99% of the time ( pre 13 )........so in 2014 some engineer at BRP decided that since there was NO problem, It must be fixed .... well now we have DESS problems up the Wazoo and BRP hasn't figured out why !!!!!! ...... Sometimes it's better to leave things that work alone ....... jmho .... Mike

What a shock to read this post Mike! I so agree with you. I see this same kind of thinking all the time in the public education system. Someone is always trying to re-invent things. Which often backfires. I agree, if it works well leave it alone. So this problem hit the skids in 2014- and is still carried in the 2015 Model. Maybe some actuary within BRP will look at the warranty claims etc., and see that this is costing them money let alone potential sales, and so forth. Reading this I am disheartened but I really hope my issue is fixed cause I really do not want to drive another 3 hours back and to let them have it for a day to replace the ignition-trunk locks. WOW! Thank you Mike! Very enlightening!
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LEEB View Post
    Well, after nearly two years of carefree operation, I once again was hit with the 'DESS' error! Had my 2014 RTS trailered to my nearest dealer, and they have replaced the module, for the third time (2 previous times were in 2015). I haven't picked up the Spyder yet but the dealer told me they have installed the 'latest' module as instructed by BRP. Maybe three is the charm! I sure hope so. I love my Spyder, but I am becoming very concerned about riding anywhere far away from home, for fear of being left setting. By the way, my BEST warranty expires tomorrow (07/23), so this happened just in time. Now one question I would have is: If in the future I have the DESS error again, out of warranty, would my repair be covered by BRP since it has been an ongoing issue?

By the way, 'Hello' to my friends on Spyderlovers! I've not been on for quite awhile!!

LEEB
    LEEB,

I have a 2014RTS-SE6 and I have had the D.E.S.S. module replaced twice( part # 710004190 July 14,2015, Aug. 28,2015)and the switch ( part # 710004413) replaced once( Aug. 28th, 2015) they also reprogramed/reshaped the keys, got a new trailer lock, a new trunk lock. Since then I have not had the D.E.S.S. error. My current spyder mileage is 19,300 miles. I know the B.E.S.T warranty covers the D.E.S.S. module,( I asked my dealership).

I can not answer the question, someone else should chime-in..

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LEEB View Post
    My dealer just replaced my module with the newest one (710004916).

Last chance BRP!!!! You have a great machine in the Spyder, but these continuing errors and issues will erode both your goodwill, and the confidence of current owners, and prospective new buyers. Please protect your business, and your customers by fixing this and other problems with a final solution. Thank you!!
    LEEB
    LEEB,

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD