Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    hey bob don't let people talk you out of it. if you like it, get it. if you read it right just order it from your friend, and tell him that if it looks like your going to get screwed, your going to cancel the deal. i am sure they will agree
    When have I ever cared what other folks thought of my bikes?
    Everybody has to find their own way!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We have a problem...
    In order to get the four year warranty, and $500 worth of free accessories on a new 2018 10th Anniversary bike: we've got to order prior to July 15th...
    You're asking us to buy a "Pig in a Poke".
    We have been told nothing about what will be, (or won't be): new on the bikes!
    I've already called my Dealer: they went online to their dealer website, and saw nothing about what we might be buying.
    I'm a man of Faith... but that faith does has it's limits...
    I'd love to speak to you about this, and I know that it can't go out into a public forum...
    PM me, and I'll give you all of my contact information!

Thanks!

Hi Bob,

Please send us your specific questions to brp.care@brp.com

We'll be happy to take a look at them for you through there.

Thanks,

Sandra - BRPcare
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tanks A Lot 01.jpg

You'll have my email in your inbox within twenty minutes!

Spyder Garage

Tanks A Lot 01.jpg

You'll have my email in your inbox within twenty minutes!
    Here is hoping the information will be of a "sharing" capability and not to "confidential" to share. I too was looking for specs, but did not find anything on the BRP page. There was a build your own section, but you had to sign up to get in there. I stopped at the first hurdle. I am guessing that a lot of people are wondering just that. I bought the 08, 09, 10 all sight unseen. But not inclined that way on the 2018's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Time will tell the tale...

Spyder Garage

Time will tell the tale...

Bob you must be really special. A direct reply, WOW! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrfats View Post
    Black and Gold...you must be a Pittsburgh Steeler Fan!! 👍
    Army Military Academy Golden Knights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Golden Knight"? I can work with that!

Spyder Garage

I've been wrestling with the styling cues of the 2018 RT...

I've decided that even thought I'm not a fan of Black Bikes: the Gold trim-work does make it look kind of neat!

What do you think of it?
    You first posted this, I read it, and thought, ya know Bob is right, and for that matter BRP, this is something special, and for some this is right and for others not, actually hope for many others, not right to own but wish they could, Hence anniversary exclusivity.

We have a problem...
    In order to get the four year warranty, and $500 worth of free accessories on a new 2018 10th Anniversary bike: we've got to order prior to July 15th...
    You're asking us to buy a "Pig in a Poke".
    We have been told nothing about what will be, (or won't be): new on the bikes!
    I've already called my Dealer: they went online to their dealer website, and saw nothing about what we might be buying.
    I'm a man of Faith... but that faith does has it's limits...
    I'd love to speak to you about this, and I know that it can't go out into a public forum...
    PM me, and I'll give you all of my contact information!

Thanks!

Then I read everyones posts here and i started to build my RT using 2017 choices,
    Back in 2009 I sold my most valued vehicle possession to free up cash to buy the Premier
    Edition of the 2010 RTS #442 (wife thought I was nuts)

After 7 years of owning and riding this machine, with all the newbie headaches and untried
    concerns that plagued us all, THIS MACHINE,this SPYDER was something very special. Got
    me out and about like you wouldn't believe, With all the quirks I experienced I still managed
    to log 15K miles a year, The last couple of years my interest drove to new additions with cars
    and my riding reduced to just a couple thousand miles per year.

My decision to obtain a spyder was in the top 20 things I ever
    did in my life. My RT today is running flawlessly, Have everything working on her soundly,
    have all the selective farkles that I care about, custom Corbin seat and passenger rest
    designed for the long haul and diamonfR floorboards that match and enhance the custom
    stealth paint configuration (timeless black) with XM, CB and 3rd brake light going for her.

With 60K miles on the odometer, these bullet proof engines this has only reached a quarter
    of her potential 250K. Why, you may ask am I considering changing out...........because
    there are new adventures for me to experience, and after seeing first hand all that goes
    into this beautiful machine that we ryde...... Now there is a need to begin building and
    studying all the unknown choices that are available for the creation of the ultimate machine.

Thanks Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    You first posted this, I read it, and thought, ya know Bob is right, and for that matter BRP, this is something special, and for some this is right and for others not, actually hope for many others, not right to own but wish they could, Hence anniversary exclusivity.

Then I read everyones posts here and i started to build my RT using 2017 choices,
    Back in 2009 I sold my most valued vehicle possession to free up cash to buy the Premier
    Edition of the 2010 RTS #442 (wife thought I was nuts)

After 7 years of owning and riding this machine, with all the newbie headaches and untried
    concerns that plagued us all, THIS MACHINE,this SPYDER was something very special. Got
    me out and about like you wouldn't believe, With all the quirks I experienced I still managed
    to log 15K miles a year, The last couple of years my interest drove to new additions with cars
    and my riding reduced to just a couple thousand miles per year.

My decision to obtain a spyder was in the top 20 things I ever
    did in my life. My RT today is running flawlessly, Have everything working on her soundly,
    have all the selective farkles that I care about, custom Corbin seat and passenger rest
    designed for the long haul and diamonfR floorboards that match and enhance the custom
    stealth paint configuration (timeless black) with XM, CB and 3rd brake light going for her.

With 60K miles on the odometer, these bullet proof engines this has only reached a quarter
    of her potential 250K. Why, you may ask am I considering changing out...........because
    there are new adventures for me to experience, and after seeing first hand all that goes
    into this beautiful machine that we ryde...... Now there is a need to begin building and
    studying all the unknown choices that are available for the creation of the ultimate machine.

Thanks Bob
    RE: Premier Editions: 2010 RT. I had #474 and liked it a lot. I put 36,500 on it before trading for the 2014 1330. The 2010 RT was a good machine--IMO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's the reply that I got from the Good Folks at BRPCare:

Hi Robert,

Here are some answers to your questions.

The engine, transmission, drive-line and attachment procedure for mirrors all remain unchanged. In addition, your luggage set will fit into the new bike

As for any significant changes in the body work, there will be a special & unique colorization (jet back metallic & liquid gold satin), a special seat with embossed 10th logo & stitches, a 3D 10th logo on the tank cover, a gold trim gauge for RT-L & F3-L models only, a 3D BRP logo (front & rear), satin gold Can-Am logos, a new « Y » Design wheel with each branch representing a year, a rack on the F3-L and mono seats & pod covers for the F3-S.

As for additional gold accessories, we cannot tell for now.

Hope this helps you in your purchase decision

Sandra - BRPcare

They answered all of my questions completely, and I'm very thankful that they took the time to do so.
    I'll go see my Dealer on Thursday, and "Talk Turkey"!

4693be3c6ba60d0ddf68ec420f509bde.jpg

Spyder Garage

I guess that means other than a possible color there will be no redesign for the RT model. RT needs more forward leg room and bags and trunk that are removable like the F3. More passenger room would be nice. The trunk on the RT is to deep. Need to be wide and long Like F3.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Good luck Bob!
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    I guess that means other than a possible color there will be no redesign for the RT model. RT needs more forward leg room and bags and trunk that are removable like the F3. More passenger room would be nice. The trunk on the RT is to deep. Need to be wide and long Like F3.
    Sounds like what your looking for is an F3...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Let us know what becomes of your "Turkey Talk" Bob, like you'd keep it a secret!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Actually, I posted Sandra's response in here only because it really let nothing out that I hadn't already seen... So there were no secrets to reveal...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm in total agreement brother

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Yeah, what he said!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    Sounds like what your looking for is an F3...
    Sorta but has to have more passenger room. My wife was sitting half way on the hump of the seat and so do I and we are not that big. Needs a longer seat and trunk back 2 inches. Would need a power windshield to. SO BRP Updated the F3 with that stuff or give the RT More driver leg room.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Reading the answers they gave you, all they described are the extras to the 10th anniversary Spyders.

Nothing was said (as I expected) about any forthcoming changes to the 2018 models.

So. we still do not know, should we buy a 10th anniversary machine or wait for a 2018 in the fall.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 10th Anniversary models ARE 2018s...
    Outside of BNGs: WYSIWYG

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I recommend waiting until 2019. Sounds like no changes for this coming year. I know the paint color is nice, but it wouldn't convince me to upgrade. Maybe if I didn't have a spyder or had an older one. But there has to be changes coming, just not for 2018?
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Each to their own notion."

old-woman-with-her-beloved-cow.jpg

Spyder Garage

in a way upgrading to a newer year, is like i do with the same make cars. they don't really change except for color and a little gadget here and there. it is just nice owning a newer one. lets face it, there is not much BRP can do to a RT if that is what you are looking at. other then extras that they already have as extras, and colors, they will be the same.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME