Quote Originally Posted by A1A View Post
Thanks everyone for the great feedback responses. I'm still not clear about some of the things I need to do before the Garmin downloads.

Should I purchase the MicroSD Card in advance prior to attempting any Garmin downloads? If so what GB storage capacity should I ask for?

If my Garmin GPS doesn't use a MicroSD Card. What is the GB capacity for direct downloads to the device?

Very good information on downloading BaseCamp. I won't be doing any trip planning, but very good information to know if you do.

Anybody know how long the Garmin GPS will run with a fully charged battery?

Cheers!
No problem we like to help hope this helps you enjoy miles of smiles.
Per the card if you are going to save a lot of favorite locations, then yes an expanded memory will help fyi I have a 16GB micro SD working just fine in mine. (Older ones are lower)You will have to remove the battery to access the slot. (Inserts toward middle) the 660 has a slot LM or not. The capacity of the internal memory should be 4GB. How long it last Depends a lot on your setting of screen brightness & how long you leave it on. May require checking location occasionally & not full turn by turn directions, should easily hold for a day maybe 1/2 if on whole time Never really tested that mine mounts & has constant power when I use it off spyder, I have charge cord & back up power, it does not like operating with the battery door open