Thread: XM SAT Radio

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default I was right

Looks like it will be BRP, she was not keen to the idea of not being able to change the station. I thought I was going in with a good sale...not even close, guess I need to sharpen my skills.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bro,
    Just keep on keeping her happy!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I bought an Onyx radio from SiriusXM and I mounted it on my handlebars. It comes with a car kit and right now for Fathers day I think they have it on sale. You tune it to play thru an enpty FM station and that's what I do locally. When I am traveling and the station I used becomes crowded I have a cord with a 3.5mmRCA plug that goes into the radio and the other end goes into the Sena dongle that I use and it will play into my helmet that way. Only problem is I have to remember to go turn the radio all the way down or I get two sound channels. Anyway mounting it that way I can change it to what ever channel I want right there on the handlebars. Picture is coming.Sirius mount 1.jpgSirius mount 2.jpg
    In the first picture you can see the docking station and the antenna and in the second more of the mounting and where the cord going back to the dongle hooks up.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 06-15-2017 at 07:22 PM. Reason: additional info

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I have one subscription to Serius and use it in 3 different vehicles. Even though all vehicles have radios that are Sat-ready, I use portable docking stations and just move the Serius head from vehicle to vehicle. The Spyder docking station is in the (rear) trunk and I have no problem with reception with the antenna in the trunk too. But, if I want to change channels, that needs to be done at a fuel or butt break.

Spyder Garage

Mount it here and run the aux cable to the trunk and mount your antenna where ever.....
    My antenna on rear trunk lid and xm onyx mounted to bracket on handle bars
    antenna.jpgspyder xm.jpg

Spyder Garage

If you have another XM equipped vehicle with a active account, you can download the XM App on you phone, iPhone or Android, link you phone app to your XM account, then use that app to listen to your XM radio when hook to your bike radio set to iPod. thats what I do.

Be safe out there!
    2015 RT L , Red