Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Old Crow;1269767]
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post

For me, you are pretty much on target. I got my concealed carry permit about two years ago, after the San Bernadino shooting incident. I go to the range a couple of times a month, and carry solely for self/family defense. I can, and will, use my firearm if confronted with a life threatening situation which I can not reasonably avoid.

One of the first things I learned regarding concealed carry is that you better not strap it on if you are not mentally prepared to use it. I carry an easily concealed 9mm compact, 13 round capacity, loaded with hollow points. I'm a retired senior citizen, neither a hunter nor hiker. It's not to protect me from various wild animals.

Do you see a problem in shooting someone who threatens your life in circumstances you cannot reasonably escape?

Bob
    Bob, I don't have a problem with you exercising whatever cautions and steps you need to feel safe, including taking another life if the law allows for that under the given set of circumstances. I'm not judge and jury here; I'm just curious whether people who carry understand the implications of what they are doing. It sounds like you do.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i want to throw my final 2 cents in: i don't care if you carry a gun. what i do care about is you using it responsibly. that means
    knowing how and when it might be needed and securing it when not in use so others can not get it. now in my OPINION guns
    are for killing people not deer hunting, rifles are for hunting while semiautomatic rifles again are for killing lots of people.
    over 6,000 people a day die for whatever reason in the u.s. i just don't want to be one of them from a gun that was not stored
    or secured well. i would also be in favor of those having guns to have adequate insurance, much like a ferarri if you can afford it
    great if not don't get one.

Spyder Garage

i love the look of some of the assault rifles, here in new york we are not allowed to own them. but i have never seen a reason to own one to hunt with or to have. i don't put people down for having any of them, like i said i love the look of them also. same as i love hand guns. at one time i owned almost 8 of them. i also owned lots of rifles and shot guns. bit as i got older i sold most of my guns. i am down to 3. 2 pistols and one hunting rifle, a 270 ruger. with this last permit renewal for my pistols, i think it is time to start thinking of selling the pistols. I'm not the healthiest guy in the world, and if something happens to me, i don't want my sister to be responsible to take care of the pistols for me. i hate getting older, and i used to think i was set in life with my ex till she turned into the worst person in the world, and now not having anyone that would want anything to do with a broken down old man like me that is set in his ways, i just need to live my life as is and make sure that i don't leave any guns for my sister to worry about.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

NO BIKE AT THIS TIME