Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default OK THIS IS NOT POLITICAL YET

but i am sure someone will make it be. and i am not posting it for that reason. i am only posting it to show just how sick people are becoming

this happened early today when congressmen were practicing for a charity baseball game tomorrow night. a man walks up and asks one of the men leaving at 7 am if the people on the field were republican, or democratic. when told they were the republicans practicing, he left and came back with a rifle and started shooting. here is the story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexandr...tims-reported/
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    but i am sure someone will make it be. and i am not posting it for that reason. i am only posting it to show just how sick people are becoming

this happened early today when congressmen were practicing for a charity baseball game tomorrow night. a man walks up and asks one of the men leaving at 7 am if the people on the field were republican, or democratic. when told they were the republicans practicing, he left and came back with a rifle and started shooting. here is the story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexandr...tims-reported/
    This kind of sickness has been with us a very long time I'm afraid.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And the Politicians will debate the merits of strengthening/loosening gun control laws in the D.C. area for almost as long as the News Coverage for this one event lasts...
    Let's face it: ALL of them are a bunch of idiots!

But I am glad to see that the carnage was not worse, and that the response of Law Enforcement was "swift, severe, and certain".
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But I am glad to see that the carnage was not worse, and that the response of Law Enforcement was "swift, severe, and certain".
    Here's the thing about that:

If the House Minority Whip, who has a security detail of a couple of cops, had NOT been there it very likely would have been a LOT worse.
    The next time, it will be.
    And then on the other coast, another nut job shot up a UPS facility.

In my area of the country, on the news EVERY DAY there are at least two or three new reports of a criminal shooting somebody; if they weren't a criminal before, they are now.

No, no further comment beyond that. But I REALLY would like to.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And the Politicians will debate the merits of strengthening/loosening gun control laws in the D.C. area for almost as long as the News Coverage for this one event lasts... Let's face it: ALL of them are a bunch of idiots! But I am glad to see that the carnage was not worse, and that the response of Law Enforcement was "swift, severe, and certain".
    If all the bad guys were this lousy a marksmen, we wouldn't have an issue with guns. NRA definitely needs to promote marksmanship along with gun ownership don't ya think?

Sorry, cuz, it's just too tempting a target!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Well that sure is a good solution to our political mess now isn't it? Just ambush 'em......Good grief!!!! Nice to see the good guys took out the bad guy
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    If all the bad guys were this lousy a marksmen, we wouldn't have an issue with guns. NRA definitely needs to promote marksmanship along with gun ownership don't ya think?

Sorry, cuz, it's just too tempting a target!
    Seriously... That's EXACTLY
    why they were formed!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seriously... That's EXACTLY
    why they were formed!
    Their original purpose got lost in partisan politics. Too bad.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Their original purpose got lost in partisan politics. Too bad.
    I think that had to happen due to the climate. Can't be a marksman if you're not allowed to own or shoot a gun.

Spyder Garage

tick...tick...tick...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

It's not who or even why....it's the fact we have so many out there believing that this is the solution and they are going to make a difference. But then they never learn since this has been going on since the dawn of time...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A wise man once said;
    "Even patriotism taken to the extrem becomes fanatism and fanatics do bad things"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    It's not who or even why....it's the fact we have so many out there believing that this is the solution and they are going to make a difference. But then they never learn since this has been going on since the dawn of time...
    You lost me on that one.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

first thing i heard today from a few of the higher ups was about gun control. one cop even said that in his area 95 people a day was killed due to guns. first he said 95 million, but a reporter corrected him. there is a commercial for the NRA about having insurance if you have a carry license. because if you shoot someone protecting yourself, you are in tons of trouble. i have my pistol loaded and ready in the house, but what would happen if i used it. i might be better off unloading it and using it to hit someone with. or even better keep a bad around in each room so i can grab it easy. i just sent in the renewal for my premiss permit for the house. 340 bucks in new york city for 3 years. they make it so you just want to give it up. and now they want the person who will take care of the guns if something happens to me, to know how to handle the guns, i had to give them my sisters name, and sign and say i taught her how to take care of them.
    ok here is that commercial

NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn;1269120[COLOR=#ff0000
    ]first thing i heard today from a few of the higher ups was about gun control. one cop even said that in his area 95 people a day was killed due to guns. first he said 95[/COLOR] million, but a reporter corrected him. there is a commercial for the NRA about having insurance if you have a carry license. because if you shoot someone protecting yourself, you are in tons of trouble. i have my pistol loaded and ready in the house, but what would happen if i used it. i might be better off unloading it and using it to hit someone with. or even better keep a bad around in each room so i can grab it easy. i just sent in the renewal for my premiss permit for the house. 340 bucks in new york city for 3 years. they make it so you just want to give it up. and now they want the person who will take care of the guns if something happens to me, to know how to handle the guns, i had to give them my sisters name, and sign and say i taught her how to take care of them.
    ok here is that commercial

It was actually Governor McAuliffe who made this ridiculous statement. Had the reporter not called him on it, the masses who were watching his speech would have probably believed him.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And the Politicians will debate the merits of strengthening/loosening gun control laws in the D.C. area for almost as long as the News Coverage for this one event lasts...
    Let's face it: ALL of them are a bunch of idiots!

Everythings ok, the guy who shot the people has a license for the rifle and gun.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You are correct, this should not be a political problem, it is an egregious event that should never happen to anyone.
    Wonder where stuff like this comes from?
    Here are just a few examples of what has happened lately by people who have a national spotlight.
    1. Kathy Griffin ‘Beheads’ Trump in Graphic Photo
    2. Madonna – “I’ve thought a lot about blowing up the White House.”
    3. Snoop Dogg “Shoots” Trump in the Head in Music Video
    4. Robert De Niro: “I’d Like to Punch Him in the Face”
    5. Joss Whedon: “I Want a Rhino to F*ck Paul Ryan to Death”
    6. Shakespeare in the Park Stabs ‘Trump’ to Death in Performance of ‘Julius Caesar
    10. Rapper YG Threatens Trump with “F*ck Donald Trump” Song
    11. Marilyn Manson Kills ‘Trump’ in Music Video

I don't care who it is, republican or democrat, this stuff should not be allowed! There are always a few wackos out there who idealize some of these people enough that they will try to impress them by doing what they portray. Think back just a few short years to when Hinckley tried to kill Reagan to impress Jody Foster.
    I believe in freedom of speech but there is some common sense that is required when you speak, are you going to incite danger to someone else by why you say? That is why you don't yell fire in a crowded theater!
    Last edited by Fatcycledaddy; 06-15-2017 at 09:39 AM.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

that just because you CAN say something: it's not always a wise thing to do so...

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob,

Re: it's not always a wise thing to do so...

It may not be wise ( I can quite often agree with this ) but it is usually legal. And I did not decide that.

It always amazes me how little people really know about what actual rights we have as citizens of this country.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good manners will usually end up directing folks toward their best course of action...
    I find it amazing that so many people want to exercise their "Rights", and let their good manners languish...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    Everythings ok, the guy who shot the people has a license for the rifle and gun.
    Strange statement that I have no agreement with.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Does having a license for a firearm make it legal to do something illegal?
    I'm not familiar with Virginia firearms laws; I can't comment on any of the specific legal questions...
    Can anybody in here clarify the status of an out-of-State visitor with a handgun and a long gun?

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Does having a license for a firearm make it legal to do something illegal?
    I'm not familiar with Virginia firearms laws; I can't comment on any of the specific legal questions...
    Can anybody in here clarify the status of an out-of-State visitor with a handgun and a long gun?
    When someone is willing to attempt murder and shoot someone the fact of whether their gun is legal is irrelevant.
    If he doesn't care about breaking the law to commit murder, I am sure the fact of a gun being illegal or not doesn't even cross his mind.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...it's the act that matters: paperwork is just a pain in the butt to distract us.
    And criminals don't seem to be burdened by it as much as we are anyway!