Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default slave cylinder rebuild

decided to go ahead and install all new o rings in the clutch slave cylinder. there was some o ring residue laying around in there. they were cracking. only hard thing about doing this was not having a lift to get the machine in the air. had no buyer interest in the bike when I put it up for sale so I figured I would just do some preventive maintenance. doesn't need them but tires are next. machine is 5 yrs old so certain things to be deep sixed and new ones installed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you notice any clutch drag before ?

What made you decide to take it apart ? Is that a known weak spot ?

The shop is doing mine now.........after me telling them that I was NOT going to pay for a clutch re-build when I could tell that the "throw" was less than it should be.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

didn't really have any issues with it. once in a while going from neutral to first it would growl a touch but not bad. read about the brake fluid eating up the seals so I just figured I would change them out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Growl or clunk is pretty normal going into 1st with most bike transmissions.

Mine had gotten to where it felt like I needed a crowbar to get it OUT of 1st when sitting still, and then it would FLY past Neutral right to second.

Hey......your ride looks pretty much exactly like mine !!!