Thread: Americade

Spyder Garage

Default Americade

Its very quiet on here about Americade , Anyone coming up to my neck of the woods this week??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the weather co-operates: we'll go up for a quick peek on Saturday... Fingers Crossed.gif
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Americade

We're here... Sat to Sat. Hope the rain goes away, but... rain is keeping scenery lush & green!
    Ride safe
    Gina J

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If its nice on Fri or Sat I'm heading up there for the day. 180 miles up and 180 miles down. Long day but I've been doing Americade for 20 years. It used to be great but "they" commercialized it too much. The cost to purchase the wrist band and easy parking is now theft. They had all the free entertainers and many manufacturers removed and placed behind razor fences and you need the wrist band to see them. Look at "their" website and see the cost$$$$$. I'm showing up in the afternoon (weather permitting) parking my bike and staying till its dark, that's when the real fun begins. A distant friend is up there now "volunteering" for a free room. He works (as he said) 36 hours for the week for free (I'm not joking) so he can get a free room in a crappy hotel. He works for free so the corporate CEOs make huge profits? Americade is 1/2 mile long on the main strip but Ocean City MD bike week in September is 25 miles of fun and cheap. That's where I go now. My thoughts.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I live in the general area of Americade, but don't own a Spyder yet. (Unfortunately, life circumstances have interfered for the foreseeable future.)

I was thinking of taking a drive up to Lake George during Americade, if BRP/Spyder has some sort of presence there. Does anyone know of any particular dealers that will have information or demos, etc on scene?

Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP will be offering Demo rides... I think that they'll be near the Southern end of the Lake.
    (Is that the William Penn Museum??? I'm not sure of the name of the place... )

Edit: Make that Fort William Henry.!
    Thanks, Kwalsh!
    "usually can am has demo rides at fort william henry but you have to sign up early, last year i got there around 7am and was first in line to sign up, got to ride f3t and rt limited so it was worth it but you have to get a wristband to do that."
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 06-05-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

usually can am has demo rides at fort william henry but you have to sign up early, last year i got there around 7am and was first in line to sign up, got to ride f3t and rt limited so it was worth it but you have to get a wristband to do that. i usually go the night before and pay for that and then stay at camp 20 mins away. i agree the vendors area is overpriced but with wristband i get a few demo rides and enterance to vendor area to look around.there is free parking down by vendors, well they get donations for coat check and parking but all for good causes , i will usually go up from camp on saturday with wife and just walk around and look at bikes

PS - it always seems to rain on americade at some point

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Providence Spyder Acessories will be there. We will be doing Secret Santa and leaving free gifts on any Spyder we see. We are also doing installation at your hotel. Here is a picture of a happy customer at Lake Motel on Canada Street in the hotel garage. Hope to see you all there!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    If its nice on Fri or Sat I'm heading up there for the day. 180 miles up and 180 miles down. Long day but I've been doing Americade for 20 years. It used to be great but "they" commercialized it too much. The cost to purchase the wrist band and easy parking is now theft. They had all the free entertainers and many manufacturers removed and placed behind razor fences and you need the wrist band to see them. Look at "their" website and see the cost$$$$$. I'm showing up in the afternoon (weather permitting) parking my bike and staying till its dark, that's when the real fun begins. A distant friend is up there now "volunteering" for a free room. He works (as he said) 36 hours for the week for free (I'm not joking) so he can get a free room in a crappy hotel. He works for free so the corporate CEOs make huge profits? Americade is 1/2 mile long on the main strip but Ocean City MD bike week in September is 25 miles of fun and cheap. That's where I go now. My thoughts.

And here's a link to the festivities...........Ocean City MD Bikefest | Bike Week

............https://delmarvabikeweek.com/
    Last edited by LateLifeCrisis; 06-05-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799