Spyder Garage

Default DRIVERS BACK REST FOR RT LTD

Hi, I'm looking for a drivers back rest for my RT. I have the stock seat. I do not want to take too much room away from the passenger and It must be adjustible. I've read about/looked at many, any reccomendations pro/con. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

One thought that doesn't really answer your question....

If you're convinced that you're going to stick with the stock seat go ahead and pursue a backrest. If you find the stock seat uncomfortable, don't spend your $ until you find the seat you like.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

The bike came with a Comfort Seat but my wife did not like it and we went to the dealer and sat on the stock seat and liked it. I would like to put heat in the seat though. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like my BRP driver's backrest... and you can get them in a adjustable configuration!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

i just went the other way and went to a comfort seat. i had a utopia on the stock seat.
    just ordered the new bracket for the new one. its a great backrest. doesnt take away
    much room from passenger. she will be gaining room on the stock seat. lots of
    adjustment and can be ordered with a 1" setback feature, which i needed.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

I have the Utopia on my 2016 RT Limited... works fine, matches the seat, cost about half as much as the Can Am brand...

Spyder Garage

I have the comfort seat with stock non-adjustable backrest. I find the backrest tends to push me more forward than I would like. What options are there for a backrest that angles more towards the back of the bike? I have seen an adjustable bracket available but it is unclear what is adjustable. Does it just adjust up and down or does it adjust forward and back, or both?

Spyder Garage

Default Upgrade for non adjustable

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I have the comfort seat with stock non-adjustable backrest. I find the backrest tends to push me more forward than I would like. What options are there for a backrest that angles more towards the back of the bike? I have seen an adjustable bracket available but it is unclear what is adjustable. Does it just adjust up and down or does it adjust forward and back, or both?
    There is an upgrade available for the stock non adjuystable backrest that converts it to an adjustable. What that does is adds a tilt feature to the main back rest that will give you ability to tilt forward or back with an adjustment screw. I think the kit is 79. I installed on my stock backrest and have been pretty happy with it once I dialed it in to my liking.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And it's even easy to convert the non-adjustable ones over...
    Brent did mine last year at SpyderFest...
    In a Motel Room full of "hydraulic sandwiches": he got the job done!

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone. I do not receive automatic responses on this site but I do on others, can't figure out why, so I don't always respond back quickley. Thanks again, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Well, I ordered/received and installed the Utopia and we are very happy with it. Thanks, Eveveryone. Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default Links to the products?

I like reading about all the things that you have purchased and or used. Can you share a link to the site where you bought it?

I have a 2013 RTs and am also looking at drivers backrest options.

thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Scratched the adjustable backrest off my list. Received the bracket today and installed it. It made a big difference in comfort but I have to ride a few miles to make sure the angle is dialed in. It's a little too hot to go for a spin today (112) but suppose to cool down below 110 next week. One-ten is my magic go, no-go number.