Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    So you have ADHD (a darn Harley-Davidson)!
    I do in fact have ADHD and it has nothing to do with having a darn Harley-Davidson

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    I'm surprised, out of all the chatter about going around a curve or corner, not one mention of a standard trikes tendency to lift the inside wheel, and causing a roll over. Just like a child's trike, motor trikes in a standard configuration are unstable and unbalanced. A tadpole trike, two wheels up front, are much more stable and if pushed in a turn, will slide the rear wheel instead of rolling over. The manufacture doesn't make any difference, the problem is in the design.

David
    Was waiting for someone to bring this up. Couldn't agree more. The Y configuration is much more stable in curves, especially if you ride them aggressively. One really doesn't want to apply too much front break in a curve on a conventional trike. The Spyder is much more forgiving if you come into a corner too hot.

Bob
    Old Crow

1960 Vespa 150
    1965 Bridgestone 175
    2003 Kawasaki 1600 Classic
    2010 Kawasaki 1700 Nomad
    2013 Spyder RT-S (Current ride)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I note some comments about the rear wheel coming up in a curve. I triked my Wing twelve years ago in 2005 and ride the west Texas twisties often. I have never had a rear wheel on my Wing come off the ground. I have never heard or read of a Gold Wing turning over except for a super stupid aggressive move! Many of these comments come from someone who has never ridden a GW trike and use the Honda ATV as an example. JMHO

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Spent a day on a HD TG (I ride a '16 RSS) and it about beat me to death. As far as handling I couldn't tell a ton of difference but the TG I was on had a rev limiter. That was quite the shock after riding with the 998 lol