Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Help with F3 Top Case

Has anyone installed the F3 top case on a 2016 F3T and had problems activating the amp? My Spyder has been at the dealer for over two weeks. They installed the top case and it has power, however they cannot get the amp activated to run the speakers. They assured me they are using the correct USB software upgrade. They replaced the amp and tested the speakers from the top case on another Spyder to make sure the top case speakers themselves aren't bad. They are working with BRP, but the process is SLOW. Just wondering if anyone else who put one of these on had a similar problem (specifically on a 2016 F3T).

I was planning on heading out to homecoming. I don't want to take the Spyder out of the shop until they rectify the problem. They want me to pay for the labor and I am not comfortable paying for something they haven't fixed yet.

Any suggestions appreciated.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

That's a new one. How many hours did they charge for the install. Supposed to be 1 1/2 hours. I have everything at home waiting. My local dealer was no help with an estimate of time. They have never done one. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    That's a new one. How many hours did they charge for the install. Supposed to be 1 1/2 hours. I have everything at home waiting. My local dealer was no help with an estimate of time. They have never done one. Tom
    So they quoted me 3 hours. I saw after I dropped it off that the instructions only call for 1.5 hours. I'm not sure if the side panels and amp add additional man-hours, but at this point I would just pay them the 3 hours if they could just fix it and give me my Spyder back. I realize I don't need to have the speakers to make the trip, I'm just reluctant to pay them because they will have no incentive to figure out what is going on since they already have their money. Right now it is 100% their problem, as soon as I pay them an take possession, it no longer is 100% on them. And this dealer is not the best when it comes to customer service.

I was going to try the install myself, but I wasn't going to go on the cheap after I already invested over 2K on the parts. And it calls for drilling in the frame. My mechanical abilities aren't there yet.
    Last edited by armyspydervet; 05-29-2017 at 09:44 AM.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Opposite sort of problem than many folks have had

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Has anyone installed the F3 top case on a 2016 F3T and had problems activating the amp? My Spyder has been at the dealer for over two weeks. They installed the top case and it has power, however they cannot get the amp activated to run the speakers. They assured me they are using the correct USB software upgrade. They replaced the amp and tested the speakers from the top case on another Spyder to make sure the top case speakers themselves aren't bad. They are working with BRP, but the process is SLOW. Just wondering if anyone else who put one of these on had a similar problem (specifically on a 2016 F3T).

I was planning on heading out to homecoming. I don't want to take the Spyder out of the shop until they rectify the problem. They want me to pay for the labor and I am not comfortable paying for something they haven't fixed yet.

Any suggestions appreciated.
    my guess:
    the new cable is bad
    or possibly
    this is a WASG, but maybe IF tech installed software update required to properly deal with rear speakers, the software may have switched off support since no amp/speakers would have been detected. Perhaps a re-install of update now that new amp/speakers are there would correct problem?

good luck

TomG

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why don't you take it to homecoming and get the brp techs there to check it out? And fix it..

I'm sure brp would like a heads up if it is a top case amp issue or a dealer education issue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Why don't you take it to homecoming and get the brp techs there to check it out? And fix it..

I'm sure brp would like a heads up if it is a top case amp issue or a dealer education issue.
    Trying to find out if BRP would do that. If they will, I would definitely take it out and bring it up. Just don't want to pay my dealer for unfinished work and not be able to have it rectified when I get there. I know this dealer. Once I pay for what they already installed, I'll never get them to prioritize it again when I get back if no one will look at it in Valcourt.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brp care posted in the past couple of days re tech presence at homecoming, to deal with problems (not services). It is a dilemma for you, I understand.

Spyder Garage

Default Same Problem.

Will try to resolve when we are at Valcourt this week?.

Spyder Garage

Default Bring it

Pay the dealer 1.5 hours. Bring it to Valcourt. Techs on hand. Seems simple: if the parts work!
    Looking forward to seeing you again. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system