Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Default Twitchy steering on stop

I have noticed for the last several weeks that when I am slowing to a stop for the last 1-2 mph the bike steers to the right. This is not a brake pad issue. I notice while stopped if I push on the handle bars slightly left to right it twitches slightly (best way I can describe). It seems like the power steering is taking control even though I am stopped. I suspect that is what is happening when I am stopping, something with power steering is causing it to turn by itself slightly causing the drift to the right.

I have not gone to dealer yet, thought I would get thoughts from the pros first.

Thoughts? 2015 RTS with a little over 6000 miles.
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

The dealer tech should plug your Spyder into BUDS. They need to check the calibration of the steering angle sensor and the steering torque sensor. My guess would be torque sensor. Let us know what they find.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is just a guess...
    But I suspect that the braking forces are pushing you forward against the bars, and you are exerting a bit of unexpected steering inputs...

My reasoning?
    Anything wrong with the steering should be showing up at ALL speeds...
    The extra item in this equation is the fact that you are stopping...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This is just a guess...
    But I suspect that the braking forces are pushing you forward against the bars, and you are exerting a bit of unexpected steering inputs...

My reasoning?
    Anything wrong with the steering should be showing up at ALL speeds...
    The extra item in this equation is the fact that you are stopping...
    The twitching happens also when I am STOPPED. Just sitting there if I barely touch and push left and right very gently it twitches (the steering) so I don't think it has anything to do with braking or brakes.
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

As Already Said.sounss Like Torque Angle Sensor In The Ps Box.maybe A Wheel Align Done At Some Point And The Sensor Not Reset.a Knock Against The Gutter .the Early Ones Had Issues I Believe With A Recall Done.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiev View Post
    The twitching happens also when I am STOPPED. Just sitting there if I barely touch and push left and right very gently it twitches (the steering) so I don't think it has anything to do with braking or brakes.
    My mistake: I interpreted your post as this was happening AS you were coming to a stop...
    billy is right...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black