Spyder Garage

Default Freedom...Happy Memorial Day to all! What'd did you do?

What an awesome day of freedom to ride a motorcycle... I've been through some things over the past few years...new things...new life...but, many times I feel lost. Even though each day gets better, I normally do not think of how I got to where I am. God...yeah...family and kids...sure...lots of things...mainly due to freedom in this country of the USA.

So, today I'm having one of those moments where if I'm going to do something, I'm going to have to force myself. Why the hell do I have to force myself to go for a ride, knowing damn good and well I'll enjoy it once my hands grip the throttle, turn the key and crank that bad girl up. So, I get ready and head out. Hate going somewhere with no destination, but I'm learning...it's not all about that...so, I head on a route I've never been on and an hour later I'm cruising through a little town and like a ADHD kid, bright colors caught my eyes.

Hundreds and hundreds of Red, White and Blue American flags flying in the wind lining this quaint cemetery. I decided WTH, so I started riding through slowly, and I noticed on each flag pole was a name of a fallen soldier from all years.

And it hit me...if I was in one of another area of the world, I could be bobbing-and-weaving from all the crazy...and all the sudden my nerves settled and a warmth came over me feeling so good I became almost teary-eyed realizing I would not be here riding this awesome machine on a sunny day in my life which is better than it has been in 20 years if not for these and a ton more of our boys and girls putting their lives on the line and/or fallen to keep us and our way of life free. Remembering this will help me lighten my so-called heavy loads in life realizing I should be more grateful. Yeah, we may bitch about politics which makes us feel they are threatening our freedom...but, hell...you better be grateful as well. There are those who did not bitch in order to keep your bitching free from tyranny.

God Bless Our Current and Fallen Troops and Their Families!

Sincerely,

Eric (aka bayoumanPIBE)
    Playing it by ear...

centralia_mo_cemetery-MemorialDayWeekend.jpg
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

Very well said!

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Very well said! Pebbles and I were riding yesterday and we were on a road that had flags on all the telephone poles. A nice breeze was blowing and I remarked how beautiful it was out, flags flying on a sunny day. She said she was thinking the same thing but we have to remember why those flags were there. Most people look at Memorial day as a long weekend, but we should never forget the people who have given their lives to ensure we are able to ride in this great country we live in. 🇺🇸

As far as riding with no destination in mind, I have found that those are the best rides. About 90% of the time, I just start out and start making turns. Love riding on roads I have never been on and seeing where they go. I know I will figure out how to get home at some point.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Stuck at work this weekend...

Chained to My Desk.jpg
    I had two or our customers call yesterday: they're buying cars in other States, and need us around to fax the necessary paperwork...
    I've also got a client coming in to pay an overdue Bill: cancellation is imminent, and it needs to get to the Company..
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Continuing our quest to visit and photograph every county courthouse in Ohio has us on a week long ride on back roads of north west Ohio.
    As a bonus we also get to visit all the war and military memorials which are either on premise of the courthouse or within walking distance of a courthouse.
    We are staying in state parks each night and will enjoy the simple life while appreciating the freedom we have to do these kinds of adventures.
    Happy Memorial Day to all.
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by markyodo View Post
    Continuing our quest to visit and photograph every county courthouse in Ohio has us on a week long ride on back roads of north west Ohio.
    Happy Memorial Day to all.
    It's much better to visit and photograph them; than to be hauled into them in handcuffs!
    Happy Memorial Day to you too, and have a safe trip!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post

As far as riding with no destination in mind, I have found that those are the best rides. About 90% of the time, I just start out and start making turns. Love riding on roads I have never been on and seeing where they go. I know I will figure out how to get home at some point.
    Every time I ride without the gf, she asks where I rode. I just say, I don't know, because just like you, I just start out, and start making turns.

To all veterans, past and present: Thanks for the job you did, and do.
    Last edited by wyliec; 05-27-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all who served and are serving our country!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Happy Memorial Day.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I fired up the Spyder and wandered around Alabama and Georgia for almost 400 miles today!

And I carry around my own US flag -- one of TricLED's LED flag lights on the rear fender.

Spyder Garage

Default Been looking for a flag holder...

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    I fired up the Spyder and wandered around Alabama and Georgia for almost 400 miles today!

And I carry around my own US flag -- one of TricLED's LED flag lights on the rear fender.
    Nice ride...all of ya'll have had nice rides...

I want one or two flag holders on my ST-S where I do not have to keep removing the license plate when not in use. Easy on/off...maybe some sort of RAM mount to go on my passenger bars (either side)...still looking.
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

Default RIDE

If the May Grey stays away, tomorrow, I plan to ride up to Solvang, it's abut a 150 mile round trip with a break in Buellton for Andersen's Pea Soup for lunch. Today was beautiful, but the wife and I had plans.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yesterday, our local ABATE (American Bikers Aiming Toward Education) of Michigan group rode our bikes to a fund raiser for a 9 year old girl who's been battling brain cancer since she was 3. Tomorrow, we'll be in a Memorial Day Parade.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. May we never forget.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Spyder Garage

Default DANG

DANG, I WISH I COULD PUT INTO WORDS THE THINGS I FEEL AS YOU JUST DID.....
    THANK YOU for your words, and God bless us all, for we do live in the finest country ever in the history of this world....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

I did a ride called the "Flags over the Dam". We had about 10 spyders in our group take part. There were about 1500 motorcycles in all participating after riding across Hover Dam, there was a short, but awesome ceremony at the Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Boulder City. All in all it was an eventful and touching day to be around these great people who cared for those who gave their lives so we may enjoy the freedoms that we do.
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red