Thread: BEST Warranty

Spyder Garage

Default BEST Warranty

Am I reading this right?

Can I buy a B.E.S.T. protection plan any time I want?You can purchase or extend your B.E.S.T. protection at any time if your BRP vehicle is still under the manufacturer’s limited warranty or a current B.E.S.T. contract.

The above is straight from the BRP website, and if I am reading it correctly, it implies that if one has an existing BEST Warranty (protection?) that it can keep being extended. I thought I had read here in the forums members saying that the extended BEST warranty was only a one time option for up to 36 months
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I believe it is a max of 5 years.

Spyder Garage

Default thats what I was to understand also

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    I have been under the same impression, though it doesn't appear to read that way
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default B.E.S.T. WARRANTY

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    WRONG ...... 3 YEARS ..... the first two are your factory warranty and that is not ...repeat not B.E.S.T. ........... there are NO charges for claims made under the Factory warranty ....... There is a $50.00 service charge for all claims made under B.E.S.T. coverage ..... and I wrote this in bold type because you made this claim in another thread of the same topic .......Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike, I think he meant 5 years total, 2 factory & 3 B.E.S.T. It's my understanding that 3 years of B.E.S.T. is all you can get after the 2 year factory warranty is up.

However, after looking at the BRP site just now, the wording does seem to imply that you can keep extending the B.E.S.T warranty as long as you have a current one. If that's the case, I'll renew again. Saved my bacon more than once.

You can purchase or extend your B.E.S.T. protection at any time if your BRP vehicle is still under the manufacturer’s limited warranty or a current B.E.S.T. contract.
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 05-25-2017 at 09:58 PM.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Mike, I think he meant 5 years total, 2 factory & 3 B.E.S.T. It's my understanding that 3 years of B.E.S.T. is all you can get after the 2 year factory warranty is up.

However, after looking at the BRP site just now, the wording does seem to imply that you can keep extending the B.E.S.T warranty as long as you have a current one. If that's the case, I'll renew again. Saved my bacon more than once.

You can purchase or extend your B.E.S.T. protection at any time if your BRP vehicle is still under the manufacturer’s limited warranty or a current B.E.S.T. contract.
    Some people get a 1yr BEST warranty, or maybe 2, and then they can extend to a maximum of 3 years for the BEST, as long as it's done before the factory or existing BEST warranty runs out. I don't see anything wrong with BRP's wording.

Spyder Garage

Hi all,

I just want to jump in to let you know the correct information in regards to the warranty on your Spyders. Most of you got it right! All Spyders in the U.S. and Canada come with a 2 year Factory Warranty. If you want to extend your warranty, you can purchase a BEST warranty of 12, 24 or 36 months.

However, you cannot purchase more than 36 months total of BEST warranty.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

Sandra - BRPcare
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi all,

I just want to jump in to let you know the correct information in regards to the warranty on your Spyders. Most of you got it right! All Spyders in the U.S. and Canada come with a 2 year Factory Warranty. If you want to extend your warranty, you can purchase a BEST warranty of 12, 24 or 36 months.

Sandra - BRPcare
    Thank you for coming on and clearing the "air."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks BRP....Question.How much is the price of a one year extension? And.....Have you folks found a true fix for the DESS problems? TY Tony

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WARRANTY PRICE

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyeo View Post
    Thanks BRP....Question.How much is the price of a one year extension? And.....Have you folks found a true fix for the DESS problems? TY Tony
    I'm fairly certain the B.E.S.T. warranty has a FIXED price to ALL dealers ..... then the dealers mark them up to what they think they can charge you the customer .... this why prices for the EXACT same coverage ( by the length of term ) varies a lot .... So you need to shop for the lowest price because ALL dealers MUST honor the BEST warranty .............. Mike ................... As far as D.E.S.S. problems go BRP has re-engineered the Module at least 4 times ( that I know of ) .... Their last fix appears to be working, based on how little talk there is here about the issue from folks who have the latest module version .............. Option "B", there are two people I know of that can turn OFF the DESS module using a program connected to B.U.D.S., .......
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-30-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Official word on B.E.S.T. is 36 months total

Hi all,

Sandra - BRPcare
    Thanks, Sandra. And, my understanding is that, except for the $50 deductible per incident, the B.E.S.T. warranty is identical to the original OEM warranty as far as coverage, exclusions, etc.?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP warranty experience?

I'm facing the decision of whether to purchase the extended warranty. I've never purchased extended warranties before but perhaps it would be wise to do so with the Spyder.

Does anyone have an experience exercising their rights under the OEM or extended warranty they'd like to share? Good, bad or otherwise. Any experiences where a repair you thought should be covered wasn't? What good is it if the bike breaks down or needs attention under the warranty but the nearest dealer (say on a long trip) is several hundred miles away?

Look forward to hearing about EXPERIENCES, not opinions. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on my 2012 RS SE5 I had a faulty brake reservoir replaced under warranty. My F3-S had to have the water pump replaced. Other then that I have not had to use the warranty. I just purchased the extended warranty for my F3 for 749.00 for an additional 3 years. However, this is the only extended warranty I have ever purchased for any vehicle.

Spyder Garage

Default "Not available in Florida"

Why is that? We ride to much here to make it cost effective to cover our bikes? I do not understand why the BEST coverage is not available here.
    2016 RTL , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Why is that? We ride to much here to make it cost effective to cover our bikes? I do not understand why the BEST coverage is not available here.
    BRP's BEST warranty doesn't meet Florida's Service Warranty statue.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Florida is exceptional ...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Probably has something to do with the Florida State Insurance Commission or Consumer Protection rules.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    on my 2012 RS SE5 I had a faulty brake reservoir replaced under warranty. My F3-S had to have the water pump replaced. Other then that I have not had to use the warranty. I just purchased the extended warranty for my F3 for 749.00 for an additional 3 years. However, this is the only extended warranty I have ever purchased for any vehicle.
    Thanks for that. Anyone else had good or bad experiences with their BRP original warranty or their BEST extended warranty?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Hi all,

Glad I could help! I noticed my reponse generated some other questions. Here are some other answers!

@Tonyeo, there are no fixed retail prices for a B.E.S.T extended service contract - refer to your dealer to get a price quote.

@UtahPete, Technically, B.E.S.T is an extended service contract rather than a warranty. Thus it is not identical to the normal manufacturer's warranty. There are terms and conditions which are listed on the B.E.S.T contract form that differ from the manufacturer's warranty. For more information, you can take a look at this web page or ask your dealer about inclusions and exclusions.

Florida has specific state laws; dealers in Florida can't sell B.E.S.T, but they can repair and submit claims for repairs performed under B.E.S.T extended service (such as for visitors or tourists). Note that for Florida owners, it is actually possible to purchase your B.E.S.T extended service contract in a neighboring state and have your local Florida dealer do the servicing.

Hope this helps,

Sandra - BRPcare

BRPcare

Spyder Garage

Default B.E.S.T

I bought my '14 RT-S new in June 2014 in Ohio. At the time BRP sent me a certificate in the mail to send back in and they gave me an additional year B.E.S.T protection. That gave me 3 total years. I ride a lot and this June I bought 2 more years. One year was $999 and the second year was another $499. As far as I know after these 2 years I can't buy any more.
    126,967 miles and counting!
    Buckeye Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 2RTsGV View Post
    Am I reading this right?

Can I buy a B.E.S.T. protection plan any time I want?You can purchase or extend your B.E.S.T. protection at any time if your BRP vehicle is still under the manufacturer’s limited warranty or a current B.E.S.T. contract.

The above is straight from the BRP website, and if I am reading it correctly, it implies that if one has an existing BEST Warranty (protection?) that it can keep being extended. I thought I had read here in the forums members saying that the extended BEST warranty was only a one time option for up to 36 months

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi all,

Sandra - BRPcare
    Sandra, Owen, Steve
    Let me first say that I think it's great that you engage the Spyder community on this forum. I bought my first Spyder in 4/15. I also purchased the 36 month Best extended warranty. So, I'm good to 4/2020. I noticed that:
    1.there are some BRP recreational vehicles that have longer terms, and
    2.coming from the GL1800 world, the Honda extended warranty is good for a total of 7 years
    I was interested in knowing that since the 1330 ACE powerplant is proving to be very reliable if there is any discussion about lengthening the BEST warranty(service contract) to the maximum allowed other BRP products????
    Thanks,
    MikeT
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Sandra, Owen, Steve
    Let me first say that I think it's great that you engage the Spyder community on this forum. I bought my first Spyder in 4/15. I also purchased the 36 month Best extended warranty. So, I'm good to 4/2020. I noticed that:
    1.there are some BRP recreational vehicles that have longer terms, and
    2.coming from the GL1800 world, the Honda extended warranty is good for a total of 7 years
    I was interested in knowing that since the 1330 ACE powerplant is proving to be very reliable if there is any discussion about lengthening the BEST warranty(service contract) to the maximum allowed other BRP products????
    Thanks,
    MikeT
    Good day Mike,

That's an excellent question. At the moment, we are looking at ways to improve the B.E.S.T. coverage on all of our products and we hope to be able to have something new in the near future.That being said, we are unable to tell you at this point what the impact would be for the Spyder product line.

Thank you for contributing and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

All the best,

Sandra - BRPcare
    BRPcare

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Customer Service Staff are Here!

Hi all, I just want to jump in to let you know the correct information in regards to the warranty on your Spyders. Most of you got it right! All Spyders in the U.S. and Canada come with a 2 year Factory Warranty. If you want to extend your warranty, you can purchase a BEST warranty of 12, 24 or 36 months. However, you cannot purchase more than 36 months total of BEST warranty.
    Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions! Sandra - BRPcare
    SANDRA!

How nice to see that you, Steve and Owen are now following this Forum! I, for one, am absolutely thrilled that you folks have now joined us! I've "worked" with you and Steve in the past, both by e-mail and also at the Can-Am Spyder Facebook site. Always rapid responses!

For those on this Forum, if you haven't visited the Can-Am Spyder Facebook site yet, please do so. Always something new!
    https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder/

2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Default So what to do?

Hi all,

Sandra - BRPcare

I have a 2012 RT. Have the BEST extended warranty that ends in Oct 2017. This means the Best Warranty runs out, I cant buy more, and I have to find a good plan from a third party. Any suggestions?