Spyder Garage

Default Anyone changed the air cleaner, cat bypass and removed baffels in a 2012 spyder rr

I have a 2012 RT Limited. I have removed the baffels and have on order a cat delete. I was wondering if also replacing my air filter with the one made by JT is going to involve a fuel management system... His ad says maybe, but has any out there done the upgrades and if so what are the results.... any recommendations would be appreciated....

Spyder Garage

My recommendation is to do one at a time and let the computer learn the new idle strategy in between each. Then move on to the next item. Many folks have run the combo you are trying without any reprogramming.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Good advise

what he said is great advise for all mods that have steps or stages. This way you can see what effect each one does or doesn't do for your ryde...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I am in the same process as you are. We upgraded the exhaust to a Cannon, and then about a month or so later installed a JT air filter. No codes or issues so far, so the cat bypass is next. Hoping to installed it in the next month or 2.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Default It has been done

Yes it can be done. I did all you mentioned to my 2010 RT plus added the air scoops and wrapped the exhaust pipes and cat converter. No fuel management needed just start it and let it idle for about 15 to 20 minutes. While it is ideling do not rev the engine.

Spyder Garage

Default Ditto Here

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    Yes it can be done. I did all you mentioned to my 2010 RT plus added the air scoops and wrapped the exhaust pipes and cat converter. No fuel management needed just start it and let it idle for about 15 to 20 minutes. While it is ideling do not rev the engine.

I did the very same things to my 2010 RTSE5 with the same results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Follow-up question

People who have switched to the JT air filter system. Are you happy you changed? Any unforeseen problems? Did milage improve? etc.

Spyder Garage

Hi you could do it no worries I ride a 2012 RT LTD and I have jt's airfilter kit cat bypass pipes wrapped and tailgunner fully open exhaust an didn't need no kind of fuel mgmt system just as said above after modification start bike and let idle 15 to 20 min and nanny will adapt to modification 26000 miles and no problems good luck farkling

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Ken View Post
    People who have switched to the JT air filter system. Are you happy you changed? Any unforeseen problems? Did milage improve? etc.
    Oh, yeah we are. Especially the next time I have to change the plugs. It was a little PITA to get it out, especially the first time you do it. As an "older GI" my wife came out in the garage a couple times because I was cussing so much she thought I was yelling at some of my old Privates from my Army days. But in the end I would do it all over again. If you do decide to change it out, I would suggest changing the plugs and wires at the same time while you are in there.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!