Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Big Bend to Terligua

Go a bit farther west to the ghost town known as Terlingua. There is an old saloon and general store there and you can tour the ghost town as well as visit the old cemetary. The area dates back to the late 1800's and there are a lot of eclectic people and artists to visit.

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    Thank you!!!

My current photography interest is "landscape astrophotography." I use my Spyder RT to get me around. I can load down so much gear including a 5 foot camera slider. Plus, it makes it easier when I'm out in the pitch black on country roads.
    I'm interested in what kind of cameras you are using? Your pictures are awesome!!!
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Amazing Photos

Absolutely amazing photos.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

WOW! They're all fabulous!! What an incredible BOOK you could publish! Thanks for sharing.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Spyder Garage

Absolutely mesmerizing!!! Love your pictures. I like to take pictures of clouds!

SilverFox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Spyder Garage

How long an exposure did you use on the milky way?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am not sure that I have words to compliment this post!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

During one day of my trip, I was out scouting locations for good Milky Way shots, and I was overcome by the biggest, hardest, and stinging rainstorm I've ever seen. Flash flooding was happening through the desert and across the few roads in Big Bend National Park.

The stability of the Spyder RT can not be denied. It handled beautifully as I leaned into the wind and rain just to stay on it. Stopping power was also incredibly important. All the while, it carried all of my gear.
    Big Bend Downpour May 2017.jpg
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Another shot from the trip... Link HERE.

I carry multiple tripods and a couple lenses. I carry 3 cameras, one for "just in case," one for time-lapse, and one for the main pictures. For the time lapse, I use a slider and panning device. I'll post a video soon of the Milky Way rotating across the sky. I use the Sony line of cameras.

Taking the pictures is not that hard actually. TIMING the Milky Way, moon phase, and weather is the hardest!

Any dslr camera can do this. (My Sony's are mirrorless, but basically the same setup.) Everything needs to be on manual, everything. No auto anything.

Manual focus, high ISO (depends on camera ability,) wide angle lens with wide open aperture. Long exposure but less than 25-30 seconds. Anything longer than that and you'll see the stars "trailing," which is a completely other technique.

Cool shot of water reflecting the stars. HERE.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Spyder under the stars.

Link HERE.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

They are awesome pictures! Look forward to more.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

This time-lapse required a couple of tripods, a 5 foot long slider, and a lot of other equipment. The Spyder RT was able to carry all of it.

It took 900 images for this and was roughly 7.5 hours long.

In the first couple of seconds of the video, you'll see lights racing to the distance. That's actually me on the Spyder going to my RV to get set up for my other shots during the night.

Last edited by tehrlich; 07-03-2017 at 07:00 AM.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Great pictures!

Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing them with us.

Spyder Garage

Default BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK

This is kind of off topic, but I wanted to mention Big Bend Nat'l Park. I used to live in Texas and have been to Big Bend twice. It is one of the most beautiful national parks I have been to. Since it is in the middle of nowhere it is far less crowded than other parks. I hope to ride my Spyder there one day!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    This is kind of off topic, but I wanted to mention Big Bend Nat'l Park. I used to live in Texas and have been to Big Bend twice. It is one of the most beautiful national parks I have been to. Since it is in the middle of nowhere it is far less crowded than other parks. I hope to ride my Spyder there one day!
    Big Bend NP is fantastic. Well-maintained, and hardly anyone there, except the Chisos Mountains resort where you need reservations a year in advance.

During one stretch of my trip, I was caught with the observation that I hadn't seen anyone, even in another car, for 23 hours. I was on the main roads too. Granted, I was zipping around in the middle of the night, but this was an unusual experience!

The best part, for me anyway, was at night. It is so dark that you can actually see satellites fly over. In the time lapse video the lights that fly by really fast are NOT planes. They are satellites. I don't think I caught any meteors.

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Mesmerizing

Thanks for sharing the beautiful and absolutely astonishing photos and video!! Great job.....

Spyder Garage

Default Great pictures!

Thanks for sharing the beautiful and absolutely astonishing photos, I used to try and take pictures and this gives me motivation to get back to taking pictures again.

Traded in - 2013 RT SE5 Limited - Pearl White
    Mods Mods
    Tri Axis handlebars
    GPS mount for the Tri Axis handlebars
    Ultimate seat with driver backrest
    Driver cup holder
    3rd Brake light -truck
    Spyderpops bumpskid
    Bayaron swaybar with Heim links
    Lidlox

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default awsome

yes the park is awesome we rode through there last year on the kyle petty charity ride

Spyder Garage

Todd, What a blessing your photos and the timelapse are. OUT(FREAKING)STANDING!
    Do you make appointments for ... what would it be called "Spyder portraiture", Like if we wanted our own spyder featured in one of your art works?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome photos

I totally agree with the masses, your photos are awesome.
    I have never seen the night sky look so alive. Your ability to catch the
    perfect shot is amazing.

Thank you very much for sharing these wonderful photos and your God given talent.
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Thanks to everyone! Such kind words.

Please check out my website www.GodBlessTX.com, even IF you aren't from here, or maybe even despise our Texas swagger! This is only a hobby of mine, but I take pretty seriously. Again, my RT is part of my equipment to take many of my shots.

In fact, I would encourage everyone to carry any camera around as your enjoying your ride. Stop and celebrate the beauty that you experience!

"Spyder Portraits!" Now that is a great idea! (I'm actually working on an idea for a time-lapse WITH the Spyder as the focus point.)

2015 RT Limited , black