Spyder Garage

Default Wilber is in the Building !

They have arrived. The issue is that I now have a grade 2 groin tear (you think by this age I'd know better than to play veterans hoops �� ), so I am going to have to well and truly take my time with the install.

Pete
    IMG_0544.jpg
    Last edited by Peteoz; 05-24-2017 at 09:39 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

Those sure look nice.. don't know them but it looks like the right way. Sorry about the injury.. take your time watch the lifting
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Have a good install and heal quickly.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Aww Pete, that's awful!! You know it's probably gonna take a loooong time to heal, & you really don't want to try doing too much too early or you could ruin things for later!!

Tell you what, just cos I'm a nice guy, send the Wilburs to me & I'll install them here & check em out, just to make sure they're OK mind you! Then when you are back to 100% you can come & try to get em back!

Seriously, hurting yourself like that's not a good thing to do - do take care with what you get up to during the healing phase; damaging the repair before it's all good again is NOT something you want to do!! So take your time & remember the Wilburs, F3, AND the roads will still be there once you are certifiably OK! All the best with the healing, & do take it easy on the install & ryding too soon thereafter, at least until the Doc has ticked the 'Go Ahead' box! And if you need anyone to check the Wilburs out in the meantime, you know how to reach me!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-25-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hope you heal quickly.

Spyder Garage

Speedy recovery Pete,
    enjoy your new suspension! Don't pick your bike up yourself, use your floor jack.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ouch!!

This is why I remain committed to "physical fatness": no sports injuries for me!
    At least when you're ready; the bike will be too!
    Heal quickly and completely!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Relating

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    They have arrived. The issue is that I now have a grade 2 groin tear (you think by this age I'd know better than to play veterans hoops �� ), so I am going to have to well and truly take my time with the install.

Pete
    IMG_0544.jpg

I guess I can relate or emphasize with you. I had surgery on a sigmoid volvulus (twisted colon), and was a week in the hospital. Never knew there could be so many varieties of broth on a soft diet following surgery. So now with an abdomen full of sparkly staples, I find it a bit much, and somewhat painful to throw a leg over the seat of the Spyder. But the road calls out to me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilderThomas View Post
    I guess I can relate or emphasize with you. I had surgery on a sigmoid volvulus (twisted colon), and was a week in the hospital. Never knew there could be so many varieties of broth on a soft diet following surgery. So now with an abdomen full of sparkly staples, I find it a bit much, and somewhat painful to throw a leg over the seat of the Spyder. But the road calls out to me.
    Sorry to hear but sounds like 'they' just Farkled ya abdomen for ya!!
    Phatjac

2015 F3s - sold
    2016 RTS - sold
    2016 F3 Ltd Special Series
    2016 RTS (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Aww Pete, that's awful!! You know it's probably gonna take a loooong time to heal, & you really don't want to try doing too much too early or you could ruin things for later!!

Tell you what, just cos I'm a nice guy, send the Wilburs to me & I'll install them here & check em out, just to make sure they're OK mind you! Then when you are back to 100% you can come & try to get em back!

Seriously, hurting yourself like that's not a good thing to do - do take care with what you get up to during the healing phase; damaging the repair before it's all good again is NOT something you want to do!! So take your time & remember the Wilburs, F3, AND the roads will still be there once you are certifiably OK! All the best with the healing, & do take it easy on the install & ryding too soon thereafter, at least until the Doc has ticked the 'Go Ahead' box! And if you need anyone to check the Wilburs out in the meantime, you know how to reach me!
    Thanks Peter, I knew I could rely on you.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red